+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Immigration to reunite with his father

Tamasnet

Mar 11, 2019
My quest continues. I am at IMM008 question for "National Identity Document"... So every cuban over 18 years old has a Carnet de Identidad. But children do not poses this Identity Document. Instead a child has a "Tarjeta de Menor". This ducument is not really a "tarjeta" it is like a "passport-book" with lots of pages. It is given based on Birth Certificate in the first months afther birth. It has a number. It does have issue date but it doesn not have Expiry date. It is used to apply for a passport and you need to bring this document everywhere if the police stops you this is a proof that child is yours because the Mother's and Father's First names only are there and the residence address is there too. This original document is very important. So my question is do I need to use this document as an asnwer to the "NATIONAL IDENTITY DOCUMENT" or I leave this field blank? Notes for CUBA sya I need to provide originals... Do I need to send this original document or I just need to send the Original BIRTH CERTIFICATE only? I can not realy send the Tarjeta de Menor to the consulate because it sis so important and needs to be carried everyday with the accompanied person... Please how to proceed with these "Original Document" requirements? I can not send his passport since it is expired so I will answer "NO" he has no valid passport, so I will buy time to apply for the new one. But then, is it only what is required is Original of the Birth Certificate, A translation of it and Notarized, and 2 photos, is this sufficient for a child'd documents to attach? Or I am missing something again? Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My quest continues. I am at IMM008 question for "National Identity Document"... So every cuban over 18 years old has a Carnet de Identidad. But children do not poses this Identity Document. Instead a child has a "Tarjeta de Menor". This ducument is not really a "tarjeta" it is like a "passport-book" with lots of pages. It is given based on Birth Certificate in the first months afther birth. It has a number. It does have issue date but it doesn not have Expiry date. It is used to apply for a passport and you need to bring this document everywhere if the police stops you this is a proof that child is yours because the Mother's and Father's First names only are there and the residence address is there too. This original document is very important. So my question is do I need to use this document as an asnwer to the "NATIONAL IDENTITY DOCUMENT" or I leave this field blank? Notes for CUBA sya I need to provide originals... Do I need to send this original document or I just need to send the Original BIRTH CERTIFICATE only? I can not realy send the Tarjeta de Menor to the consulate because it sis so important and needs to be carried everyday with the accompanied person... Please how to proceed with these "Original Document" requirements? I can not send his passport since it is expired so I will answer "NO" he has no valid passport, so I will buy time to apply for the new one. But then, is it only what is required is Original of the Birth Certificate, A translation of it and Notarized, and 2 photos, is this sufficient for a child'd documents to attach? Or I am missing something again? Thank you.
Fill the information in but as per the checklist, the document is not required to be included.

Reactions: Tamasnet