+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Born in USA-Please advise

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Hello,

I got my Citizenship on March 2023. My child born in USA on march 2022. Could you please advise how to sponsor him? Need to sponsor him PR? or Will he get direct Citizenship?
Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I got my Citizenship on March 2023. My child born in USA on march 2022. Could you please advise how to sponsor him? Need to sponsor him PR? or Will he get direct Citizenship?
Thank you!
Your were not a citizen when child was born. You start PR sponsorship. He is not a citizen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Thank you!
You will need to apply for their PR but you will need to prove that you plan on moving back to Canada if you are currently living in the US. If you aren’t planning on moving back to Canada would not apply since you need concrete evidence that you will be living in Canada like giving notice to your job abroad, accepting a job in Canada, giving notice if renting housing abroad or selling your home and securing housing in Canada, etc. Some may not be able to provide enough evidence at the beginning so some are asked to provide more evidence at the end of the process. Too many people never moved back to Canada so Canada now requires more concrete proof.