+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born after ITA

logan7771

Mar 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

I got my ITA in March and we are going to submit our application in June. My wife is 4 months pregnant and is expecting in September.

My questions are:

1. Once my kid is born in September, what steps do i need to carry out to ensure my application is updated?
2. Will need to get the kids passport done too. Are there any other documents required?

Basically just need to know how to go about this senario?

Thanks in advance.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hi,
I was in a kind of similar situation but the difference is that my child was born after the ITA but before the PR application/e-APR so I just had to add him in my EE profile and made sure that my funds met the minimum for 3 people (i/o 2) and provided at the time of PR application his birth certificate + his passport + his medicals + digital photo.

But for your case, I am not sure how you should proceed since the baby will arrive after your e-APR.
I guess you could eventually raise a CSE (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) to inform CIC and upload all the necessary documents => but it is better to have confirmation from senior members

Good luck

Dineshb21

May 4, 2016
Hi Guys,

I got my ITA in March and we are going to submit our application in June. My wife is 4 months pregnant and is expecting in September.

My questions are:

1. Once my kid is born in September, what steps do i need to carry out to ensure my application is updated?
2. Will need to get the kids passport done too. Are there any other documents required?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I am in similar kind of situation. i got my ITA in Jan 2017 and submitted all my docs except medicals for my wife in Feb 2017. My wife is expecting in Aug 2017.
Can you please share answers for your above questions if you got it... Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dinesh

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My questions are:

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I was in the same boat when I submitted my application. Child born after ITA but before submission.

I had to modify my family info, update family members to 3 and funds..

That created a new placeholder for my child. There I had to upload 4 things:

- birth registration certificate
- passport
- photo
- emedical form

Hope this helps!

Phillip10002

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hi,

Similar situation, can you please help me clarify the process.

1) ITA issued from draw
2) accept ITA and start the application
3) profile transferred from EE profile to PR application profile.
4) I have 90 days to submit complete application
So far all makes sense to me.

a) new baby coming in a couple of weeks, in the 90 day submission window.

-Do I wait for baby to arrive and Then Update EE profile?
-and then will this automatically update PR application?
-Then complete eAPR application? With all new baby details (passsport, medical, etc)
-Do I need to raise this with CIC?
- LOE in eAPR submission ?

Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,

Similar situation, can you please help me clarify the process.

1) ITA issued from draw
2) accept ITA and start the application
3) profile transferred from EE profile to PR application profile.
4) I have 90 days to submit complete application
So far all makes sense to me.

a) new baby coming in a couple of weeks, in the 90 day submission window.

-Do I wait for baby to arrive and Then Update EE profile? Yes. You can't update the EE profile. Just update the number of dependents in PR application.
-and then will this automatically update PR application?
-Then complete eAPR application? With all new baby details (passsport, medical, etc) Yes
-Do I need to raise this with CIC? Just explain in the LOE that you have added the details of the baby after ITA.
- LOE in eAPR submission ?

Thanks
Good luck!