+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born abroad

lighta1000

Jul 31, 2019
I was born in Canada and now currently living in Chile. I am married to an Argentinean and have a 5 month old son who was born here in Chile. I want to move back to Canada as soon as possible with my son. I read that my son is automatically Canadian. My question is can my son go into Canada with his Chilean passport and get his proof of citizenship over there? Because I read that it takes around 5 months to get a proof of citizenship and currently in Chile it's not safe to stay here any longer. Or what other faster way is there to get my son to Canada? Is a temporary Canadian passport available for him?

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I was born in Canada and now currently living in Chile. I am married to an Argentinean and have a 5 month old son who was born here in Chile. I want to move back to Canada as soon as possible with my son. I read that my son is automatically Canadian. My question is can my son go into Canada with his Chilean passport and get his proof of citizenship over there? Because I read that it takes around 5 months to get a proof of citizenship and currently in Chile it's not safe to stay here any longer. Or what other faster way is there to get my son to Canada? Is a temporary Canadian passport available for him?
Contact the closest embassy or consulate.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/chile-chili/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The child needs a Canadian passport to travel to Canada. You can apply concurrently for a limited validity Canadian passport and a Certificate of Citizenship.