+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child birth after ITA

livar

May 1, 2016
I received ITA two weeks ago. Will submit the application and all papers during next 3 weeks.
My wife is expecting our baby approximately in 4-6 weeks.
Should I notify the immigration service about this fact right now, before the birth? What is the right way to do it?

Reactions: cancanhere

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Accept the ITA. Give birth to the baby. Apply for baby's passport. If the passport is not ready then submit your app before the 60 day deadline without your baby's details. Once the passport is ready, raise an CSE informing about the birth of your child. You'll be asked to submit the passport and birth certificate. Proceed with the upfront medical too.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
RKCK said:
Accept the ITA. Give birth to the baby. Apply for baby's passport. If the passport is not ready then submit your app before the 60 day deadline without your baby's details. Once the passport is ready, raise an CSE informing about the birth of your child. You'll be asked to submit the passport and birth certificate. Proceed with the upfront medical too.
If he/she submits an app after the baby is born without baby details, wouldn't that be mis representation?

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Aal_ said:
If he/she submits an app after the baby is born without baby details, wouldn't that be mis representation?
You should mention that the baby is born but you cannot provide the details, sometimes passports and birth certificate can take time. Also, the wife will beed post partum rest and medical might not be possible.

livar

May 1, 2016
How should I mention that the baby is born until I have the baby passport?
Should I provide an additional letter with this detail when I send all papers after ITA is accepted and application is submitted?
Or I should use CSE?

BK7

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
livar said:
How should I mention that the baby is born until I have the baby passport?
Should I provide an additional letter with this detail when I send all papers after ITA is accepted and application is submitted?
Or I should use CSE?
How did you proceed in this case? Even I have ITA, and in-spite of my best efforts could not submit application before our baby was born. How do I proceed now?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
BK7 said:
How did you proceed in this case? Even I have ITA, and in-spite of my best efforts could not submit application before our baby was born. How do I proceed now?
Update your ITA with a family of 3. Make sure you have enough funds to support 3 people. Write a long LOE and submit any birth certificates etc that you can.

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
Im in the same position. I plan to submit my docs without the baby's details. However, I will submit an LOE mentioning my inability to submit baby docs at the time and that I would raise a CSE at a later time. I feel that could be the most prudent way to proceed.

chitra kahlon

Jun 8, 2017
Hello all, I am in the same situation.

I received ITA on 08-02-2017 and had submitted all the documents and my complete profile on 04-04-2017 (I was pregnant then). By the grace of God, we were blessed with a baby girl on 11-04-2017. We received her passport on 10-07-2017, after which I updated my daughter’s details (birth certificate, passport) on IRCC Webform on 12-07-2017 as well as mailed to CPC-CTD-Ottawa. At the same time, I received a mail from "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC)" <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> dated 11 Jul 2017 asking for submission of mine and my husband’s passport to finalize the application.

I have yet not received any response from CIC regarding the upgradation of my daughter’s details in my profile. Kindly guide me with certain queries-

1. Should I be submitting all the three passports (principal applicant, spouse, child) to VFS? (I have been given a period of 30 days to submit mine and my husband’s passport). Will they accept it without any request from CIC for my child's passport?

2. Should I get her medical examinations done on the basis of my ITA letter or would i need a request from CIC for that?

3. Where should I submit the documents of my child - to the VO or CIC? hard copy or via e-mail?

4. Should I do the online payment beforehand?

5. I hope there is no issue in updating the addition in my family after 3 months of the birth, as I was waiting for the birth certificate and passport of my daughter.

I am confused as I have just 10 days left for passport submission. I also mailed my queries to VO, New Delhi and CPC-CTD-Ottawa, but haven't received any response from anywhere.

I would be highly grateful if anyone could assist me with the procedure that needs to be followed further, at the earliest.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Im in the same position. I plan to submit my docs without the baby's details. However, I will submit an LOE mentioning my inability to submit baby docs at the time and that I would raise a CSE at a later time. I feel that could be the most prudent way to proceed.
I am going to do exactly the same. My baby was born on the 15th of July and the deadline is 16th of August. We've done his medicals together with ours and I am going to explain the situation in LOE. We may have one of his passports on time but because of dual citizenship we want to wait for the other one to come through, just to be safe.

Hammadqadir

Feb 6, 2018
Is this solution still workable? I am in same situation my deadline for submission for document is 23rd may and my child is 25 days old and still dont have passport. I have done her upfront medical but I can not find a way to add my child and her medical report in application.