+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

child benifits

Lucas _1960

Feb 22, 2020
Hi All,we are planning of sending back our kid to the philippines and he will stay there for awhile with his grandparents.while we both parents can go back to work in canada.my question is can we still recieved child benifits while my kid is away from us?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,we are planning of sending back our kid to the philippines and he will stay there for awhile with his grandparents.while we both parents can go back to work in canada.my question is can we still recieved child benifits while my kid is away from us?
No. You are required to inform CRA that the child has left Canada.

Reactions: jddd

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
And if you don’t report it to CRA, they will impose heavy penalties as it is considered fraud to receive this benefit if you are not eligible for it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And if you don’t report it to CRA, they will impose heavy penalties as it is considered fraud to receive this benefit if you are not eligible for it.
Not quite that serious. You will have to pay back the amount. Obviously if you don’t payback over time things could escalate.

Lucas _1960

Feb 22, 2020
ah ok thank u sir we will inform them
Not quite that serious. You will have to pay back the amount. Obviously if you don’t payback over time things could escalate.
should we report before going back to philippines or we call them when we are back from vacation?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
i've seen it happen. just once but the penalties were steep. a warning was also given that a repeat may result to criminal charges for fraud. yes, the benefit fraudulently received was ccb.