+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Benefit

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,
I with my wife and doughter PRs. We became PR before Covid and due to lock down returned to home country. Few monts as I returned and worked in Canada. My family remains in my home country. I will bring them after setlement. I send some amount of money to my dependats /wife and child/ every month. Am I able to apply for child benefits?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi friends,
I with my wife and doughter PRs. We became PR before Covid and due to lock down returned to home country. Few monts as I returned and worked in Canada. My family remains in my home country. I will bring them after setlement. I send some amount of money to my dependats /wife and child/ every month. Am I able to apply for child benefits?
No. You must be living with the child and primary caregiver.

You must meet all of the following conditions:

• You live with a child who is under 18 years of age
  • You are primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child
    See who is primarily responsible
  • You are a resident of Canada for tax purposes
  • You or your spouse or common-law partner must be any of the following:
    • a Canadian citizen
    • a permanent resident
    • a protected person
    • a temporary resident who has lived in Canada for the previous 18 months, and who has a valid permit in the 19th month other than one that states "does not confer status" or "does not confer temporary resident status"
    • an individual who is registered, or entitled to be registered under the Indian Act
Who can apply - Canada child benefit (CCB) - Canada.ca

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what if his spouse applies for child benefits? Generally mother is primarily responsible for children
Normally don't qualify if both outside Canada but you can have CRA assess each situation. Anyone spending time outside Canada (more than a shortterm vacation) will need to gace their child benefit eligibility reassessed. The goal of child benefit is to offset high cost of raising a child in Canada.

hsgulati

Jun 19, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
Hi friends,

I Mushej, what did you do finally? Did you apply for the CCB? I am in the same situation as you so checking. Also, did you file last year Tax Return?