+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Benefit

rajas1234

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
Hi,

I have completed 18 months in my work permit. My wife is on visitor status and dont have work permit. I have 2 year old child. Can any one guide me on applying for child benefit.
I have SIN . Wife doesnot have SIN

Thanks
Rameez

Roschekyrie

Apr 23, 2019
Hi i need some information. I also apply for bowp and PR but got refused, because of this I lost my status last April 2022. I apply to restore my status last May and my status was restored last September 2022. My question is about child benefit. Will the 18 months will have to start again from the time i restore my status? I already recieving child benefit in my first work permit. This is my 2nd work permit. Im wondering if i will get child benefit again or i have to work 18 months again before i start recieving child benefit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi i need some information. I also apply for bowp and PR but got refused, because of this I lost my status last April 2022. I apply to restore my status last May and my status was restored last September 2022. My question is about child benefit. Will the 18 months will have to start again from the time i restore my status? I already recieving child benefit in my first work permit. This is my 2nd work permit. Im wondering if i will get child benefit again or i have to work 18 months again before i start recieving child benefit.
Did you get a new WP or PR? Restore your status doesn’t mean that you have restored your ability to work. When did you receive your new WP?

Roschekyrie

Apr 23, 2019
Sorry i forgot to mention that, my work permit got approved last september 2023. Mixed up the year. It all happen last 2023. So im back working again last september 2023 up to present.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry i forgot to mention that, my work permit got approved last september 2023. Mixed up the year. It all happen last 2023. So im back working again last september 2023 up to present.
Honestly never encountered a question like this with such a long period where you were without a WP (April 2022-September 2023). Would suggest emailing if possible because the CRA phone line gives out incorrect information at times. Having a response in writing would allow you to have a record of CRA’s response. Your other option would be to apply and see it it gets approved. Hopefully someone else has the answer.