+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Benefit "proof that you were the person who is primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child"

rmwahab

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Dear All,

I am filling the form RC 66 E "Canada Child Benfit"

In the section "proof that you were the person who is primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child"; they are requesting three proofs like:

• a letter from the daycare or school authorities indicating the child’s home address and contact information on file
  • a letter from a social worker, a band council, or a resettlement officer stating that they have personal knowledge that the child lived with you for the period you indicated
  • a registration form or a receipt from an activity or club the child was enrolled in for the period you indicated
  • a court order, decree, or separation agreement that explains the type of custody arrangement you have (for example, shared custody) and clearly shows the living arrangements for the child
  • any other document showing that the child lived with you for the period you indicated

I can get the first one from my kids school, but due to Covid-19 we did not enroll in any outside activity, so what are my possibilities to get the other two proofs?

Regards,

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
Maybe proof from family doctor showing the address or any proof that your child name and address like appointments

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
Also, any application you have with your child name and address. In my case, I had a social worker and got one from daycare and family doctor

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Dear All,

I am filling the form RC 66 E "Canada Child Benfit"

In the section "proof that you were the person who is primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child"; they are requesting three proofs like:

• a letter from the daycare or school authorities indicating the child’s home address and contact information on file
  • a letter from a social worker, a band council, or a resettlement officer stating that they have personal knowledge that the child lived with you for the period you indicated
  • a registration form or a receipt from an activity or club the child was enrolled in for the period you indicated
  • a court order, decree, or separation agreement that explains the type of custody arrangement you have (for example, shared custody) and clearly shows the living arrangements for the child
  • any other document showing that the child lived with you for the period you indicated

I can get the first one from my kids school, but due to Covid-19 we did not enroll in any outside activity, so what are my possibilities to get the other two proofs?

Regards,
If you are staying in rental apartment mostly the agreement will list all the names of family members going to reside over there. You can try if you are renting.

rmwahab

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
If you are staying in rental apartment mostly the agreement will list all the names of family members going to reside over there. You can try if you are renting.
Yes, I am renting but this is one proof while they need 3 proofs

Regards,

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Yes, I am renting but this is one proof while they need 3 proofs

Regards,
1. Rental document
2. Family doctor
3. If child went last year to school ask the principal to provide a note.