+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chennai VFS - Passport Submission - Beware !!

rajsrini

Mar 25, 2018
This is a caution alert for people submitting passports in Chennai VFS center.

After I got PPR email, I alone went to submit my family passports in Chennai VFS. During the process, the person at front-desk checked the photos of me, wife and kid. He remarked that my face in photo was zoomed and does not seem to meet the requirements. But I was confident because I had it measured in the studio, so i told him that it is as per the required dimensions. Then he acted as if he is going to measure it, but gave it back to me grudging that "you can proceed at your own risk". After a week, my application is approved without any issues.

The ultimate reason behind this episode is that, VFS is running an in-premise photo service and they want to frighten and force people to use their service there. In fact, in my case, my 2 month baby's photo was little zoomed-in and he didn't point out that. I was the only one present there, so he chose to say that my photo was not correct. If they were genuine, they would have pointed out to my kid's photo and said it is not correct, but they didn't do that.

So if you are confident that your photos meet the dimensions, go ahead and insist on using them.
Don't get cheated. Another place where you need to be careful is, when you pay the VFS fees. There is no digital payment mode, only cash. If you don't carry exact amount, you will be told that they don't have change. If it is few hundreds, most people might leave without getting it. So better to have all currency denominations with you.

Reactions: Mr_Chang

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018

After I got PPR email, I alone went to submit my family passports in Chennai VFS. During the process, the person at front-desk checked the photos of me, wife and kid. He remarked that my face in photo was zoomed and does not seem to meet the requirements. But I was confident because I had it measured in the studio, so i told him that it is as per the required dimensions. Then he acted as if he is going to measure it, but gave it back to me grudging that "you can proceed at your own risk". After a week, my application is approved without any issues.

The ultimate reason behind this episode is that, VFS is running an in-premise photo service and they want to frighten and force people to use their service there. In fact, in my case, my 2 month baby's photo was little zoomed-in and he didn't point out that. I was the only one present there, so he chose to say that my photo was not correct. If they were genuine, they would have pointed out to my kid's photo and said it is not correct, but they didn't do that.

So if you are confident that your photos meet the dimensions, go ahead and insist on using them.
Don't get cheated. Another place where you need to be careful is, when you pay the VFS fees. There is no digital payment mode, only cash. If you don't carry exact amount, you will be told that they don't have change. If it is few hundreds, most people might leave without getting it. So better to have all currency denominations with you.
So good u shared your experience... what is ur Aor friend ??? Can u share your time line pls as lately there is rumour THAT no Indian receiving PR

Vinkum

Oct 27, 2018

Bro, I faced the same scenario with Photo specifications, and moreover they ask us to enroll for SMS service and courier service, which costed me additional 1100 for each applicant, we alwz get mail updates by default.. When we say No to courier service, they say it come early to you, means 7 days. Else it will take 15 days. I'm still waiting for visa, its been 8 days now.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Good Afternoon , I got my ppr request, I think now 2 way courier is the only option to submit passports in Chennai . Does anyone have any recommendations of good Photo Studio ?

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Good Afternoon , I got my ppr request, I think now 2 way courier is the only option to submit passports in Chennai . Does anyone have any recommendations of good Photo Studio ?
I hope at this time you might be arrived to Canada so did you find Photo Studio in Chennai?

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
I hope at this time you might be arrived to Canada so did you find Photo Studio in Chennai?
I actually got it done at a photo studio in Salem with the specifications . I didn’t get my card yet but got copr

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Thank you for your reply. Actually my wife is at Chennai looking for a proper photo studio to have her photo
Name of photo studio doesn’t matter as long as they agree to give in required specifications she should be good. Mine was a small one in Salem but they followed instructions and also had a seal .

Reactions: Gemt2014