+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Checklist - Proof of Relationship to Sponsor page 6 of 6

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Hi again! On the last page of the checklist, for box 7, near the bottom
Do you and your common-law partner have at least one child together?
There are two boxes under the heading: Also provide the following:
I checked the first box but I am not sure how I can prove the financial dependency since our bank transactions are done paperless and online. We don't have a bank bank. We do not have insurance benefits or jobs.

On the checklist they are asking for proof that my relationship with my wife by my friends/family social media. I have a facebook account and my wife has one too. How can I prove that my family and friends recognize our relationship?

Thanks!

James

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
The checklist has 10 pages. Box 7 starts on page 8. You may have an outdated version of the checklist?

Proof of relationship and that your family recognizes it can come from a letter from members of your family.

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
The checklist has 10 pages. Box 7 starts on page 8. You may have an outdated version of the checklist?

Proof of relationship and that your family recognizes it can come from a letter from members of your family.
Really? I downloaded the entire application from the government of Canda's website in February of this year. They must've updated it. Thanks I will get the new checklist.

Everyone around me uses email. No more paper letters. What should my friends and family say on an email letter to me?
Thanks!

James

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
They should write you a paper letter and have it notarized because IRCC will not believe that an email genuinely comes from them, no matter what "everyone around [you]" uses. They still sell paper, pens, envelopes, and stamps in the stores.

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
They should write you a paper letter and have it notarized because IRCC will not believe that an email genuinely comes from them, no matter what "everyone around [you]" uses. They still sell paper, pens, envelopes, and stamps in the stores.
LOL! Thanks!