+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

check status online and in process..CITIZENSHIP

Lans Key

Feb 3, 2017
HI good morning to everyone...i am new to this page..
Last Feb 2, 2017 i submitted my papers for citizenship AND THEY received the documents on Feb 6, 2017..

Here are my questions:

1. How do i know when my documents are already 'IN PROCESS"
2. I created a GCKEY in cic website, nonthing appears there, anything I can do or link it?Do I need to link it?thanks..

Thanks in advance for the help...Good luck to all of us...

Loulita

Sep 18, 2016
Hi
You can't view your status online now. First, you need to receive AOR and then you can access your application online. Same thing happened to me, I received AOR and after 2 days, I checked my status online and it showed in process.
Hope my personal experience benefited you!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Lans Key said:
Last Feb 2, 2017 i submitted my papers for citizenship AND THEY received the documents on Feb 6, 2017..

Here are my questions:

2. I created a GCKEY in cic website, nonthing appears there, anything I can do or link it?Do I need to link it?thanks..

Once you receive Acknowledgement of receipt then after few days you can check the status online at the following link:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

You can't access your citizenship application at my cic account.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
Once you receive Acknowledgement of receipt then after few days you can check the status online at the following link:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

You can't access your citizenship application at my cic account.
Do we receive AOR by email?
How about test and oath invites?
Thanks

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godzilla9 said:
Thanks
If you provided your email address in your application the AOR will come via email.

The test and oath invite are sent to you via regular mail and you will need to take these letters to the test and oath.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Godzilla9 said:
Thanks
As observed in this forum AOR/Test & Interview/Oath etc can come via email or physical mail.

Make sure you always check your email/e-cas/physical mail regularly. Don't rely on e-cas fully as it may or may not update on time.

andykumar

Dec 31, 2016
Lans Key said:

Here are my questions:

Wait. You do not need a gckey to view the status details on ECAS. Once you get the AOR as mentioned before my post, wait a couple of days and you will be able to view status updates on ECAS using the information provided on the letter.