+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Check in for connecting flights and immigration delays

Kaival13

Jun 13, 2023
I have a flight from Delhi to Dubai with Air India and from Dubai to Toronto and then to Winnipeg both with Air Canada (all with same PNR in single itinerary)

1. Will I get boarding passes for all connecting flights if I check-in online with Air India?

2. Is there a separate queue for baggage drop-off at Delhi airport for online check-in?

3. Will my baggage be checked in till the final destination or do I have to check it in again at the intermediate airport?

4. I will be landing for first time as PR and I have only 1 hour 15 minutes layover at Toronto. So will air canada rebook me on next flight if i miss connecting flight due to immigration checks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
3. Will my baggage be checked in till the final destination or do I have to check it in again at the intermediate airport?

4. I will be landing for first time as PR and I have only 1 hour 15 minutes layover at Toronto. So will air canada rebook me on next flight if i miss connecting flight due to immigration checks.
Check with the airlines but most likely:
3. No, in Toronto, you'll have to get your luggage, go through customs and put it back on the luggage belt (it should have tags through to Winnipeg though).

4. My view is no, that is far too short. You will likely have to do all landing procedures in Toronto. Minimum two hours and that would be tight, better four. Personally I wouldn't like to have to rely on AC rebooking automatically.

Reactions: bellaluna

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a flight from Delhi to Dubai with Air India and from Dubai to Toronto and then to Winnipeg both with Air Canada (all with same PNR in single itinerary)

1. Will I get boarding passes for all connecting flights if I check-in online with Air India?

2. Is there a separate queue for baggage drop-off at Delhi airport for online check-in?

3. You'll need to pick up your bags in Toronto.

4. Most likely you will miss your connection. Air Canada will rebook you on the next available flight (this may not be the next flight). If you miss your connection, you will need to speak to someone at an Air Canada counter at the airport to complete and confirm this rebooking.