+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cheated by the Immigration consultant...seeking guidance (long post)

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Dear all,

I am posting this thread to seek guidance and possible course of action in my situation, which is chronologically stated below:
  • I am based in Dubai and applied under the EE program in Nov 2015 with the help of an Immigration consultant company based in Markham. I had a score of 420, whereas the CRS score at that time was around 600.
  • Since my score was too low, there was minimal communication between me and the consultant until first quarter of 2017 when the CRS score got close and I had hope of getting an ITA.
  • In the draw around March (apologies for not remembering the exact date, the CRS score came to 419 and I was excited to process the case further, however:
  • I did not receive the ITA and the consultant kept on dodging the queries or not responding at all.
  • Upon persistent queries, and based on discussion with other consultants, I realized that they had NOT renewed my profile in November 2016 (expiry of 1 year), due to which my profile was never active at the time of the draw.
  • Frustrated, I completed the requirements again, and got the ITA in May.
  • Due to the bad experience earlier, I did not want to risk anything this time and completed all the documentary requirements within 2 weeks of receiving the ITA, and submitted everything to the consultant in mid June, and requested them to check everything thoroughly and submit the profile. I also transferred the govt. fee to them so there is no delay.
  • Since then, the consultant is delaying the process, not responding on emails or phone calls and hasn't submitted the profile as of this writing.
  • I have written dozens, if not hundreds of emails to them but never received any response or acknowledgements.
  • I make 3-4 call every day to them from Dubai, and most often, am put on hold for several minutes before I get to speak to my 'coordinator', and am given the same response almost every day, stating that they will submit the profile the next day, or that she was busy with some other work etc etc. In short, they are just delaying the process without a reason.
  • Another important point to note here that they have been extremely irresponsible with the documentation as well. I have been asked to submit the same set of documents (like marriage certificate) again, even though they're supposed to be digital. I had made a shared folder on Google Drive and saved all the documents in the folder, but they have never used that folder and insist on emailing the documents to them separately. They have also never told me all the requirements in one go, and have asked me for further documents even after confirming that everything is in order.
Here is where I need help / guidance:
  • Due to the gross negligence and irresponsible behavior of the consultant, and based on the experience of missing out on the ITA once, I do not want them to wait till the last minute to submit the profile and find out they have missed out on anything.
  • Since I am unable to get them to work as per the terms, do I have an option to END the contract with them and take over the profile to continue myself?
  • I know I will lose the money I have paid to them for their services, however, I have also paid them the CIC fee of CAD 2500 that they had asked to be necessary to submit the profile. Is there any way to recover that sum assuming they still haven't paid the amount to CIC yet?
  • In case of contract termination, will I lose all the progress of my case (along with the ITA) if they delete my profile?
  • Is there any legal or official way to complain about them so that I am able to take over my case and proceed from hereon and also recover at least the CIC fee?
Sorry for the extremely long post. I'm trying to save my profile and chances of immigration as the deadline of submission of profile is now just a couple of weeks away.

I look forward to the guidance and advise of the fellow members here. Thank you in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
You should file a complaint against your consultant. Here is how you do it:

For un-authorized consultant, who is not a lawyer or a consultant registered with ICCRC-RCIC:
http://iccrc-crcic.info/complaints/

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/complaints.asp
Thank you for the info. I'm concerned that if I do that and they take any action against the consultant, he might delete my profile and I will lose all the progress along with the fee.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
1. Whats the name of the consultant and his company? so that people stay away from them after reading your post.
2. About the CIC fee, how did you pay it? Was it payable to CIC by draft or check? If you paid to the agency and there is no proof that CIC is the payable, there is very less chance of getting the money back.
3. Did you receive any file number that your consultant actually applied on your behalf? May be he never applied? Otherwise, there is no reason to ignore you.

File a fraud report against the company if the number 3 is true. Also, file complaint to ICCRC.

Sorry about your loss. Try to apply by yourself. Its not very hard. For any help we are here. and ya, its free. :)

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Thanks everyone and sorry for replying late. The consultant finally submitted the profile with just a week remaining from the deadline.

Now I'm hoping everything goes smoothly henceforth.

As always, thaks a ton for your guidance. Now I'm advising everyone around me to apply on their own since the process is very easy now.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Thanks everyone and sorry for replying late. The consultant finally submitted the profile with just a week remaining from the deadline.

Now I'm hoping everything goes smoothly henceforth.

As always, thaks a ton for your guidance. Now I'm advising everyone around me to apply on their own since the process is very easy now.
You need to make sure you have access to your profile to keep a track of it and anytime you feel uncomfortable, you could just change the password to be safe.

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
You need to make sure you have access to your profile to keep a track of it and anytime you feel uncomfortable, you could just change the password to be safe.
How do I do that? And why would the consultant give me the password in the first place?

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
No I've never had any kind of access. I'm unaware of the password or how the profile looks like.
Hmmmm I don't know how they work. I have an agent helped me to apply. I have full access to my account.

And I noticed you paid CAD 2500 to them for the application? The application fee is CAD 1040 for principal applicant. Are you applying with your spouse and kids?

Last edited:

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hmmmm I don't know how they work. I have an agent helped me to apply. I have full access to my account.

And I noticed you paid CAD 2500 to them for the application? The application fee is CAD 1040 for principal applicant. Are you applying with your spouse and kids?
Yes we are a family of 5

Reactions: argieargie

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
It has been more than a year since your last post. How did it go with your consultant and application?
Hey thanks for asking:

They continued their unprofessional behavior and although I had received ITA, my case got declined last year on 21st Dec. I later found out that they had done gross misrepresentation in all my information, including all wrong NOCs.
My application got declined due to gaps in travel history, which was wrongly filled by the agent.

I have created a new profile myself however I'm worried if I have lost the chance of immigrating to Canada forever since even if I get the ITA this time (I've been waiting since Feb 2018), the stark differences in my old and new profiles will be a big issue.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hey thanks for asking:

They continued their unprofessional behavior and although I had received ITA, my case got declined last year on 21st Dec. I later found out that they had done gross misrepresentation in all my information, including all wrong NOCs.
My application got declined due to gaps in travel history, which was wrongly filled by the agent.

I have created a new profile myself however I'm worried if I have lost the chance of immigrating to Canada forever since even if I get the ITA this time (I've been waiting since Feb 2018), the stark differences in my old and new profiles will be a big issue.
Do it by yourself!
I really wish people would stop using "consultants" altogether! It's close to impossible to find someone who gives a penny about your application.
I truly suggest you post his name here so that people stay from this one in particular!
Led your case to be rejected due to negligence... What a miserable "consultant".
What do you mean by misrepresentation? Did he actually lie about something?...

Reactions: Melchett and tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey thanks for asking:

I hope you filed a complaint against the consultant.
Try to reapply.