+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cheated by ICCRC member. Please help

afsisindia

Sep 11, 2013
Dear Friends,

One of my friends had applied for Work Permit through a Vancouver based active ICCRC-RCIC member for which he paid initial fee of $3000 in Feb 2013. After series of communications about the status of his process, the consultant sent email stating that his LMO has been rejected/disapproved. My friend asked him to produce employment offer letter and copy of refusal letter, but he refused to send the same and has now stopped responding to him emails and phone calls. He sent a written complaint to ICCRC, but no response has been received from there.

Can anyone guide him what steps he should take to get his money back. Where should he file his complaint in Canada apart from filing a complaint with local (India) police.

Thanks

afsisindia

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
Sorry to hear the incident. Infact, they are not allowed to charge for LMO or finding employers in Canada. its fraud ... before you friend paid better he/she would have done some research..CIC website is always there for guidlines..
these are some contact nos ...To speak to a representative about the Federal Labour Program, call 1-800-641-4049.
For general information on government services, call 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232).

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I don't think an Indian police complaint will be of any use in this instance as it is a Canadian issue. Keep contacting the governing body until you get through to them. Good luck.