FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jlrp said:
how about philippines?
Hi,

That destination is not yet offered. They r constantly adding more -- maybe some day Phills as well. As of now 'calling cards' is ur only way out for other destinations.

Qorax

jlrp

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2011
Med's Request
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
qorax said:
Hi,

That destination is not yet offered. They r constantly adding more -- maybe some day Phills as well. As of now 'calling cards' is ur only way out for other destinations.

Qorax
:( ok thanks qorax

emvee1967

May 14, 2012
I moved to Toronto yeasterday. Rented apartment near sawyer one. I don't hav a contact number. Please advise.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
emvee1967 said:
I moved to Toronto yeasterday. Rented apartment near sawyer one. I don't hav a contact number. Please advise.
Hi,

U don't require a landline No. for obtaining this package, but u definitely do require to have a cellphone.

And as for cellphone, why don't u take any of the cheaper connections without a plan or contract, like Chatr, Wind, Mobilicity, City Fido etc.?

Qorax

ayk

Nov 29, 2010
Hi Qorax,

I have landed in Toronto and am in Richmond hill area, want to join the google-group of fellow PR's, unfortunately I am unable to send a PM, the option does not appear for me and when I try doing it through my Inbox -> create message, it says Error, you are not authorized to send PMs.

Please let me know how can I join the group ?

Thanks
AYK

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Acrossit said:
Dear Qorax,

Is this service available in Halifax, NS.

Thank you.
Only the homephone component [sans the internet].
http://qorax.acndirect.com/services.asp?CO_LA=CA_EN&region=NS

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ayk said:
Hi Qorax,

I have landed in Toronto and am in Richmond hill area, want to join the google-group of fellow PR's, unfortunately I am unable to send a PM, the option does not appear for me and when I try doing it through my Inbox -> create message, it says Error, you are not authorized to send PMs.

Please let me know how can I join the group ?

Thanks
AYK
Replied to ur PM.

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Hi qorax,

Please assist me on this, If I want the cheapest phone at home along with internet, and since I will be only making long distance calls to iran, can I choose homophone or I should go for a different service? plz reply, also kindly reply to my PM. Thank u so much for your kind assistance and your prompt replies.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Addition of another TEN FREE CALLING Countries

Hi guys,

ACN has now 'added' another 10 counties in its FREE Calling list:

"PAKISTAN*, Bahrain, Costa Rica, Malta, San Marino, French Guiana, Dominican Republic, Reunion, Kazakhstan and Lithuania"

So now... (the long awaited)Pakistan calling is FREE too !!!

Qorax
*Both, landline & mobile FREE

hawk999

Aug 2, 2012
newcomer said:
I need to know which phone company/companies to use for economical and quality service in Calgary both for landline and mobile.

In addition which company offers cheaper calls to countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan as I have family in both so need to call frequently.

I found the information provided by you excellent but infact both of my frequent calling countries [Pakistan and KSA] are not included in it, so what would you recommend for me.

Thnx
did you try Telehop.com ? I signed up for a long distance package and I must say teh quality is fantastic. Price is great too, certainly cheaper than what I was paying before. THey also have home phone. give it a try.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
111 said:
Dear Qorax

Kindly give your opinion on this. Inspite of browsing diff. sites I couldn't find the answer to my question. In toronto am I able to use the following cells phones. They are:
Samusung GT S3653
Nokia N 82

Thanks and warm regards
Canadian Cellphone Bandwidth

In Canada, GSM-1900 is the primary band used in urban areas with 850 as a backup, and GSM-850 being the primary rural band. Not all phones work in that bandwidth -- but many do as well... that requires us to pre-confirm that the phones we have are compatible with the band of the networks here. Frequency compatibility problems can be avoided thru the use of multi-band (tri-band, or quad-band, especially penta-band*) phones.

> GSM-850 uses 824–849 MHz to send information from the mobile station to the base station (uplink) and 869–894 MHz for the other direction (downlink). Channel numbers are 128 to 251. GSM-850 is also sometimes called GSM-800 because this frequency range was known as the "800 MHz band" (for simplification) when it was first allocated for AMPS in the United States in 1983. The term Cellular is sometimes used to describe the 850 MHz band, because the original analog cellular mobile communication system was allocated in this spectrum.

> GSM-1900 uses 1,850–1,910 MHz to send information from the mobile station to the base station (uplink) and 1,930–1,990 MHz for the other direction (downlink). Channel numbers are 512 to 810. PCS is the original name in North America for the 1,900 MHz band. It is an initialism for Personal Communications Service.

Phone Finder:
U can check the bandwidth (and other details) of ur phone here: http://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3

Qorax
*Viz. Nokia-N9, Samsung Galaxy Nexus etc. Here r 31 phones which r made "penta-band" (i.e. will work anywhere in the world).

rakeshr

Star Member
Jul 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear Qorax,

M moving to thunder bay this sept, is this service available there? I do have a Iphone 3gs, so which plan do u suggest?

Thanks in advance

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rakeshr said:
dear Qorax,

M moving to 1.thunder bay this sept, is this service available there? I do have a Iphone 3gs, so 2.which plan do u suggest?

Thanks in advance
1. It is available there.
2. Fido could be suitable there for iPhones. It'd be wise to avoid Rogers & Bell.

Qorax

destino88

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Qorax,

i live in Timmins Ontario and would like to know if the service is available in our area? i would also appreciate if you could provide me details as to which plan (package) suits my need.

Thank you and warm regards.

destino88