+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013

Chashmesh

Jul 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AFKTareen said:
Thanks for clarifications. My wife called again today and got an appointment, this time someone more responsible picked up the call and everything went smooth.

One more question: What proof they will provide for this medical. Some kind of receipt which I will attach to my application??.

And just curious, where do they send these medical reports, London, New Delhi or direct to Canada??

Thanks again for reply
No problem bro.
They will give her reciept and a form with her information on it, don't exactly remember. You need to send those with the application. I think the reports go to New Delhi and the results from there go to your visa office, but I am not sure about it.

Outlandish

Dec 31, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 IVO/ 06-03-2014 to NDVO
Med's Request
Remeds#1:24-06-2014 #2: 11-12-2015
Med's Done....
Initial:08-28-2012; #1:24-06-2014; #2: 12-12-2015
Interview........
Waived according to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
DM Jan 16, 2016 PPR Mar 08, 2016
LANDED..........
CANNOT WAIT!
waiting110 said:
I think you guys should read the GCMS notes email a little bit more thoroughly. It explains that they WILL NOT release ALL the information about the file. so they might be doing security checks behind our backs and we wouldn't know.

The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 15(1) International affairs and defence of the Access to Information Act.

So EVERYTHING isn't included in our GCMS notes.
I ordered my notes twice and none of the times they had that written in the e-mail. If your e-mail has that it probably means that they've started doing the background checks for your case ;)

Chashmesh

Jul 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ak23 said:
Hello all, can someone help me with the following question.
In country specific part of the application the sub section that are relevant to Pakistani's citizen ask for File #? I cannot seem to be able to find that.

please provide your insight.
If this is your first time and you are submitting the forms with the application then you don't need to write the file # because you don't have one yet. If they requested you to resubmit these forms then it is your application file number. I assume you are submitting these with the application so just leave it blank and don't worry about it.

Outlandish

Dec 31, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
CANNOT WAIT!
MRS SAM said:
but if timeline starts from the day London office receive our file then it will be long for applicant's who already passed 22 months and more...
coz uk timeline is already 11 months and when that office get burden of Pakistani applications then timeline will increase after 3 months ..its already increased one month
This is true. It won't be fair to those who have already been waiting for a long time. It's all a waiting game now, see if anyone receives any e-mails from London or NDVO

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
Outlandish said:
I ordered my notes twice and none of the times they had that written in the e-mail. If your e-mail has that it probably means that they've started doing the background checks for your case ;)

Srsly?? I ordered twice and my email pretty much said the samething both the times

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
Outlandish said:
This is true. It won't be fair to those who have already been waiting for a long time. It's all a waiting game now, see if anyone receives any e-mails from London or NDVO

No i dont think the timeline will change much. I think they forwarded the cases to wrap them up as Islamabad wouldnt have been able to do them in 32 months.. Im just thinking abt what Chris Alexander said when he came to Calgary tht he wants the timeline of every visa office down to a maximum of one year.. I think thats y they decided to take this step. Lets wait till nex month for PPRs and Remeds ..

Outlandish

Dec 31, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
CANNOT WAIT!
waiting110 said:
Srsly?? I ordered twice and my email pretty much said the samething both the times
That's odd. This is all mine said both times:
The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested, which are being released in their entirety.

Please be advised that you are entitled to bring a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

For further information on the ATIP programs at CIC, visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca or contact our client service centre at ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca.

Guess it depends on the officer who handles the e-mails then

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
So now that chc-islamabad is offically free of work (by transfering files).

Who or where would you send or sumbit the file of your canadian child born aboard? (If your child is in pak)

I hope they dont make us drop the papers in london....

prayndsmile

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In sha Allah
Hi All,

I ordered the notes but am very confused now. It is 38 pages and I dont understand anything on it.

Some help please.... Thanks.

saevolgo

Mar 27, 2014
Parri said:
hi dear congratulation for your daughter.
and for your question you can't do anything expect waiting and be patient. you can provide them proof and can send them doctor note stating that your daughter and wife need you that all. its upon them that they take it seriously or not.
i am a mother of 15 months old boy and still waiting for his father to be here with us. i also send then a doctor note last year stating that my baby is a low tone baby and he need his father but not any update and still waiting for re medical request. there is another member who has 18 months old daughter and stayed with her husband for almost one year after applying in 2012 but still waiting.
in short we can not do anything but pray.
hope things will turn in our favour soon.
and this painful waiting period will be over soon for all of us
Thanks for sharing the situation and my heart is really in shock and pain upon hearing this. I receive emails from baby center about how my baby is doing this week and its really heartbreaking not being able to experience personally.

I've seen people recording their protests on Twitter against almost everything. I also use Twitter and have CIC and the Minister added up in my twitter so in order to express the pain of being a parent and not able to touch my baby I posted few tweets with #LongVisaWait.

I havent tagged CIC or the minister himself but I believe if we all keep posting our pain of being away from our family the world will notice or atleast someone will take notice of this cruel 3 long years separation imposed by the embassy. This must be shortened. I don't know why Canadian Embassy takes so long to process..there are other embassies as well who has less than 6 months processing !!

While Embassy do suggest to apply for TRV and family visit but at the same time they've their strong methods of declining the visa request...in my case they believe I don't have strong ties to my homeland and won't return since my wife and now baby is in Canada !! How is that fair !? I'm already in process for a permanent residency and they believe I'll run off and destroy my effort for a more permanent thing which is going to enable me to get job over something that may land me as illegal worker !?

Its really a strange world.

Suzum27

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISL/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2011
Doc's Request.
28th May 2013
AOR Received.
31-JAN-2012
File Transfer...
7-FEB-2012
Med's Request
8 May 2014
Med's Done....
13th May 2014
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
PPR 1 on 12th June 2014 and PPR 2 on 25th June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 4 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 27 2014
Outlandish said:
That's odd. This is all mine said both times:
The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested, which are being released in their entirety.

Please be advised that you are entitled to bring a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

For further information on the ATIP programs at CIC, visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca or contact our client service centre at ATIP-AIPRP @ cic.gc.ca.

Guess it depends on the officer who handles the e-mails then
Same thing written in my gcms request email as well.

FahadI

Jul 27, 2013
Hey guys..below is the petition i wrote up ...LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OK? if we should add something or leave it as is ...otherwise, it would be too much of a read for anyone...and people will lose interest..

WHY PEOPLE SHOULD SUPPORT THIS PETITION?

How would you feel if you spent thousands of dollars and took a month off work to travel to another country and get married and had all the family that could attend just to find out you have to wait years to see your husband/wife again? How would you feel if you accepted that and then proceeded to visit that counry as much you could to be with your husband/wife and a pregnancy took place? How would you feel raising that child alone for years be it in Canada or the country abroad because you had to wait an astronomical amount of time for your husband/wife to arrive? As of March 2014, Any Canadian citizen or a Permanent Residence of Canada (Landed Immigrant) that marries in Pakistan is subjected to a spousal sponsorshiip applicant wait time of 32 months. This is true for many countries. The processing time for spousal applications takes an abnormal amount of time. This has increased steadily over the past couple of years. This is expected to increase even further as time goes by. Unfortunately, your time is not grandfathered claused from when you applied. This means a new wait time is your expected new wait time for every applicant. My personal application was received and processed in August 2012. My wait time was 26 months which was long enough to begin with. Currently, some 2011 Applicants are still waiting. NO ONE CAN BE EXPECTED TO WAIT 32 MONTHS FOR THEIR SPOUSE. THIS IS INHUMANE. THIS IS MY BASIC HUMAN RIGHT TO BE WITH MY SPOUSE.

I have the contacted the CIC Call Centre and have been informed they have no information on our files since they are no longer in Canada. When you ask where the file is, they will place you on a brief hold, only to come back and say we cannot confirm. Files have recently been sent to Ottawa, Islamabad, London, and even New Delhi in some cases to "reduce backlog".

CIC also claims they follow the First In First Out processing when in fact this is not true. There are documented cases of individuals applying after other applicants who share their own timelines. It is randomly chosen who's file will be looked into without any specified order. Once again, lack of communication is the key stress behind this frustration for thousands of people, not just Pakistanis.Seems like no one wants to a process a Pakistanis application. NO ONE CAN BE EXPECTED TO WAIT 32 MONTHS FOR THEIR SPOUSE. THIS IS INHUMANE. THIS IS MY BASIC HUMAN RIGHT TO BE WITH MY SPOUSE.

WHY HAVE I STARTED THIS PETITION?

To bring this issue to light that Pakistanis are being mistreated by the Canadian government with respect to spousal sponsorship. How is ANYONE expected to live without their spouse for 32 months. That is 2 years and 6 months. As of right now, we have the highest processing time in the world for Canada. Another reason is that as an applicant, I have not been communicated with properly and have been pretty much "left in the dark". No one in CIC is accepting responsibility or owning up to this and quite frankly, the silence will have to end SOME day. NO ONE CAN BE EXPECTED TO WAIT 32 MONTHS FOR THEIR SPOUSE. THIS IS INHUMANE. THIS IS MY BASIC HUMAN RIGHT TO BE WITH MY SPOUSE.

WHAT DO WE WANT?

We simply just want our applications processed and want to be provided the proper information when we call and inquire. I have received NO correspondence along with many other thousands of applicants for over 20 months. I have been married since March 31, 2012 and have seen my wife for only two months. This is beyond ridiculous. NO ONE CAN BE EXPECTED TO WAIT 32 MONTHS FOR THEIR SPOUSE. THIS IS INHUMANE. THIS IS MY BASIC HUMAN RIGHT TO BE WITH MY SPOUSE.

Also, you will notice many complaints on this website, Change.org, against CIC's lack of actions and poor processing times. A 92 year old woman has been waiting since 1994 while IN Canada for her paperwork ad she is still in "the process". This is impractical. People can literraly live their life waiting for this and die long before CIC processes anything. Applicants have had kids they have not seen, sometimes up to 2 to 4 years, due to this "process". This has caused much turmoil between even legit marriages due to tensions rising high from anbormal wait times, sometimes even resulting in divorce and withdrawing applications.

Please click these links below and see for yourself.

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA'S TIMELINE EXPECTATIONS:

insert link here

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA'S DISCUSSION FORUM:

insert link here

jatt123

Jun 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
Med's Request
Oct 2014
^ Excellent. Keep it up.

FahadI

Jul 27, 2013
ALL PAKISTANIS NEED TO SIGN THIS RIGHT NOW.
TAKES 45 SECONDS
FIRST NAME, LAST NAME. EMAIL ADDRESS

PLEASE SIGN IT...EVERYONE HAS HAD ENOUGH OF WAITING

ww.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-revise-processing-times-for-spousal-applications