+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013

ranjha01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
hey guys, how can i find out if islamabad embassy has received my wife's re-medical? she did her re-med on Dec 11.. do they update e-status or email?

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
Hera_86 said:
No not remedical. Is it good sign? Did you receive remedical too?and i receive on 4thdec..date was writen 3rd dec.
According to this article getting a request to fill residence questionnaire is a bad News:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-blog/2013/03/justice-delayed-justice-denied.html

It means you are one of the 20% unlucky applicants whose case will take more than the processing time listed on the CIC website. i.e 32+ months.

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
This article is actually referring to people who are trying to apply for full citizenship in Canada and that didn't spend enough time in Canada but are looking for Canadian benefits. I remember CHC islamabad sent me a RQ and I'm Canadian Citizen by birth and lived in Canada my whole life and I'm still here. I'd like to see, someone tell me I'm not Canadian and I'm gonna smack them across the face with my "Canadian" birth certificate and shut em up. Especially CHC-Islamabad

alijpro said:
According to this article getting a request to fill residence questionnaire is a bad News:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-blog/2013/03/justice-delayed-justice-denied.html

It means you are one of the 20% unlucky applicants whose case will take more than the processing time listed on the CIC website. i.e 32+ months.

Waiting2013

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
beeba-bacha said:
Proof of relationship: submit Nikkah Nama in English, with certificate, ur immigration AOR letter that u have got from CHC-Mississauga
invitation Letter: Be positive, dont show ur weak points, explain the reasons for invitation, ur plans during her stay in canada, state financial support that u will be responsible for her Medical, food, traveling during her stay in canada, show ur financial strength(employment, bank deposits), and what will be the key reason that she will come back before the expiry date of TRV.
Jazakallah for your feedback.

I am thinking of providing following reasons, will appreciate feedback on suitability

For invitation:
-planning honeymoon in Canada
-reception to friends and family in Canada
-reunion with my wife as I have not been able to visit due to my new job new city etc etc
For her reasons to go back:
Will like to resume job in pakistan
Have all the family ties in pakistan

I am concerned about the financial support aspect. I recently got a new job but my bank statements do not present a very good picture of my finances even though I have a continued stream of income appearing

Shozib hamdia anwer

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
u.incredible said:
any applicant of july 2012 got re-medical or passport request?no one knows when chc isl will open july 2012 cases??

My file was transfer to Islamabad in July 2012 and medical done in May 2013 and now waiting for ppr it's been 7 months by now .

Waiting2013

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Couple of questions

Spousal case
Have any 2013 applicants ordered GCMS notes yet and if yes, did they see any activity?

Parents case

I know it may not be the right forum but there is no specific thread for ISB office for parents sponsorship so I am posting my question here

My brother sponsored my parents and 2 younger brothers. Last year the file was transferred to ISB and all the additional forms etc were submitted. Since then there is no update. I heard from some people that some cases were getting updates like medical request within a year. Just want to know what is the general status if anyone of you have applied for your parents

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.17790.html

That thread has mixed case, some are from ISL

Shozib hamdia anwer

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Shozib hamdia anwer said:
My file was transfer to Islamabad in July 2012 and medical done in May 2013 and now waiting for ppr it's been 7 months by now .

Is there anyone whose medical done in May and still waiting for ppr, how long they can take to send ppr

colorsfading

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hera_86 said:
No not remedical. Is it good sign? Did you receive remedical too?and i receive on 4thdec..date was writen 3rd dec.
hey yes i had req of remedical as well. chc-isb works pattren is different and confusing, guess its all on visa officer will and vary from one visa officer to other.

wait123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2012
Doc's Request.
June 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 2014
addu123 said:
You are not alone my timeline below:
Wife case
Applied aug 2012
Transfer to Isb sept 2012
Remedical aug 2013
Resend pics aug 2013 and apr 2013 never received my pics through canada post had to resend
Oct 2013 pics return
No idea where original documents are?
No idea when ppr will be sent
I gave up on them
Waiting for my citizenship test and my mothers case hopeless cic never going to vote conservative ever again.

Hey
Did you send additional pictures to Islamabad office or cic office in Missisauga and/or Ottawa? I need to send additional pictures as well and I am confused whether to send to Canada office or Islamabad office.

Its an ordeal i have been living in canada for last 10 yrs and paying them taxes to what avail.
Cic should have a system to filter fraud cases why punish honest ppl stuck in limbo.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Salam, look at our time line and my husband had his medical done Jan 2013 so I hope we get PPR soon In Sha Allah

ranjha01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Omg... this is not good at all... did u apply for GCMs notes?

shamajawad

Dec 2, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
File Transfer...
January 2014 London
Med's Request
re-medical: November 2014
Passport Req..
1st December
VISA ISSUED...
soon In Sha Allah
LANDED..........
soon In Sha Allah
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) anticipates that 68,000 family members of Canadian citizens or permanent residents will immigrate to Canada in the next calendar year, accounting for 26.1% of total immigration. Of this number, approximately 48,000 new immigrants will be spouses, partners or children, while the remaining 20,000 will be parents or grandparents.

Family sponsorship applicants in 2014 can look forward to streamlined processes and fast processing times across the board. This is thanks to efforts that CIC has made to prioritize the processing of family applications, thus making good on its stated commitment to family reunification. Historically, Canada has operated one of the most welcoming family sponsorship programs in the developed world, and it appears that the trend will continue in 2014.

Spousal Sponsorship

This sponsorship stream will continue accepting high levels of spouses, common-law and conjugal partners. Two major changes came into effect in roughly the last 12 months, and it is anticipated that they will remain in place for 2014. They are:

Five year sponsorship ban – An individual who has been sponsored as a spouse is banned from sponsoring another spouse in turn for 5 years after receiving Canadian Permanent Residency; andTwo year legitimate relationship regulation – Spouses or partners who have been in a relationship for two years of less, and who have no children together, will receive conditional permanent residency. They must prove that they continue to live with their spouse or partner in Canada, in a legitimate relationship, for two years before full permanent residency is received.

Because application numbers in this stream are liable to fluctuate, there is at present no cap on the number of applications that are or will be accepted. However, submitting an application as early as possible is the best way to ensure that partners are brought to Canada in the speediest way possible.