+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013

Patient Immigrant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Outlandish said:
Thanks, yeah just got off the phone with Canada Post. They took all the info and said they will look into it and let me know where the package is. I had requested a signature fof the recipient, but all it says is that it has been delivered to 44050. i did email Islamabad as soon as I saw the package had been delivered, but like you said, they never replied...
khudaya khair, please pray it isn't lost. wish i had sent it to Ottawa instead :(
Once back in March 2013 my spouse also sent the package containing rukhsati stuff to Islamabad embassy through Canada post and we had a very bad experience regarding it. But in our case the tracking info was just showing that our pkg was in transit n i guess even after a month it was still in transit. Then i came to know that CHC-I didn't receive it and sent it back. But we tracked the pkg when it reached lahore from Islamabad where it got stuck in Customs. I got the pkg though in the end by requesting a Customs guy and then i sent it to CHC-Isb from Lahore through TCS.
I hope you won't face such problem but i just told you to make you aware. Since then i hate all postal services regardless of the country. You should use FedEx or DHL instead..anyways good luck

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
I agree with Patient Immigrant .. Canada post is very bad. for International courier use a good service.

ibi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-26-2012
Doc's Request.
1-06-2013 & 07-05-2014
AOR Received.
22-06-2012
File Transfer...
22-06- 2012 & 12-02-2014
Med's Request
23-08-2013
Med's Done....
1-9-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
waiting110 said:
I agree with Patient Immigrant .. Canada post is very bad. for International courier use a good service.
+1, I used Canada Post for expedited delivery of some documents that i needed to send to my wife in PAK, i paid $62 for international express. the post office said it should take 7-12 days... after 1 week, i checked the status using the tracking # and found out the envelope did not even leave for delivery - it was still sitting in Toronto. i filed a complaint, i got my money back and they eventually delivered the envelope to my wife. took 30 days.

in short, Canada Post sucks. go with DHL or FedEx. expensive but it will reach its destination.

kman

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ibi said:
+1, I used Canada Post for expedited delivery of some documents that i needed to send to my wife in PAK, i paid $62 for international express. the post office said it should take 7-12 days... after 1 week, i checked the status using the tracking # and found out the envelope did not even leave for delivery - it was still sitting in Toronto. i filed a complaint, i got my money back and they eventually delivered the envelope to my wife. took 30 days.

in short, Canada Post sucks. go with DHL or FedEx. expensive but it will reach its destination.
I personally like FedEx the best, over UPS and DHL.

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Canada post is going bankrupt due to the use of internet and other stronger companies such as Fedex, Ups and DHL.

They losing millions of dollors and are laying off people from work.

I think this year the lost 129million dollors. (more or less)

They will even phase out door to door mail soon.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/critics-blast-canada-post-s-plan-to-phase-out-door-to-door-delivery-1.1584625

apa108

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Outlandish said:
Has anyone here sent a package to CHC-I before? I had requested a signature for the package but all it says on the Canada Post website is that the package has been delivered. I googled the postal code (44050) and that's not the postal code for the CHC-I! Ughh I'm panicking right now. I have sent an email to Canada Post but haven't heard back yet. Anyone have any input?
I have a better story to share.I sent my original application to Mississauga by Canada Post .They delivered it to CIC but did not update the system and tracking started showing that package has been lost. I waited and waited as an investigation was launched but they replied back with confirmation that have lost the package and will refund my money. I was left with this option whether to wait for 3 months to find out if the package was actually delivered or do I send it another package.Anyway I decided to send in another complete application package ,Got all those certificates/medical/police verifications ,pictures etc etc and send in the application again a month or so later.
This year in september ,They returned my wife's original educational documents (Sent with 1st application package) and I learnt that I actually sent in 2 packages. Now after having discussion with MP'S staffer,It seems that my file is probably headed for an interview as Ottawa made no decision on it . Sometimes I think that it was probably because one package got lost and i sent a second one which caused some suspicions. Anyway its 20 months and counting.....

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
apa108 said:
I have a better story to share.I sent my original application to Mississauga by Canada Post .They delivered it to CIC but did not update the system and tracking started showing that package has been lost. I waited and waited as an investigation was launched but they replied back with confirmation that have lost the package and will refund my money. I was left with this option whether to wait for 3 months to find out if the package was actually delivered or do I send it another package.Anyway I decided to send in another complete application package ,Got all those certificates/medical/police verifications ,pictures etc etc and send in the application again a month or so later.
This year in september ,They returned my wife's original educational documents (Sent with 1st application package) and I learnt that I actually sent in 2 packages. Now after having discussion with MP'S staffer,It seems that my file is probably headed for an interview as Ottawa made no decision on it . Sometimes I think that it was probably because one package got lost and i sent a second one which caused some suspicions. Anyway its 20 months and counting.....
Wht abt gcms notes? Do they say tht u r in interview queue? Did u try explaining them that they almost lost ur package and u werent sure so instead of waiting u sent another one?

mrashid123

Nov 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
~ July 2013 (after receiving my Originals)
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014!!! (Soo relieved!! Alhamd!!)
LANDED..........
14-03-2014!! (Happiest day of my life!! :):)
apa108 said:
apa108,

DO NOT believe a single word ur MP's office tells u.... U R NOT HEADED FOR AN INTERVIEW!!.....

The fact they sent the Originals back means that ur file is in process..... n has most likely been sent to CHC- ISlamabad for further processing....... Ur file was sitting at the Case Processing Pilot in Ottawa (which is where u most likely received back the original documents from).... Thats where they send all the overflow applications from embassies around the world when the embassies are overloaded.... it seems the files of most of the ppl on this forum ended up at CPP Ottawa...

It's been 20 months n counting for me as well..... Hopefully u will receive some good news soon INSHALLAH!

Diya21

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Naqibee said:
WASAK, please email/fax CHC a typed letter and if you can get some kind of proof that you have requested the PCC from Bahrain. Make sure the letter is signed by husband and explains the situation ................and take it from there. All the best!!! This is what I think you should do, if anyone has better idea please share............

JazakAllah, Yes I will try to get the proof so at least they know it has been requested

Diya21

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Aoa,

Just a quick question does anybody know when we get our PCC done do they actually come and see if you live at that address. The reason why I am asking is my husband has moved from one address to another recently however, he has his previous address on his id card so once we get our PCC done it will have his old address I am concerned about that bc if we were to change his address on ID card the process will take longer

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
W.salam

I don't think they will come door to door checking if your still there or not. In my spouse case noone paid a visit to validate the address.

Diya21 said:
Aoa,

Just a quick question does anybody know when we get our PCC done do they actually come and see if you live at that address. The reason why I am asking is my husband has moved from one address to another recently however, he has his previous address on his id card so once we get our PCC done it will have his old address I am concerned about that bc if we were to change his address on ID card the process will take longer

Diya21

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
hubby chubby said:
W.salam

I don't think they will come door to door checking if your still there or not. In my spouse case noone paid a visit to validate the address.
okay thank you I was just confirming bc its a long process to change it and the deadline is coming closer. I appreciate your prompt response :)