+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waiting2013 said:
I do not think there is any harm in inquiring CHC ISB through a polite and formal letter/email after you have sent the Passport for visa stamp. Sometimes they may actually require a wake up call
Yeah, wouldn't be surprised ... I'm actually thinking there's so many files and maybe due to security conditions like ransom kidnapping, theft, etc. the embassy staff (not locally engaged staff) may be having a challenging time going to from work? Or maybe just mental concentration required to achieve max efficiency? .... These are my thoughts ... I could be wrong.

speedstah

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hubby chubby said:
CHC and its mysteries. (That you can hypothesize but will not understand)

These are cases of people i know personally.

case 1# My local barber (2011 applicant)-Not educated-5 different people filled his forms-he only signed it-wife was in montreal in 13 months

case 2# My local butcher nephew-university student-case well presented-citizen-wife case-been over 2 years still no appoved

case 3# Good friends of mine-late 2010 cases-sponsored 3 wives (3 brothers go married sametime)- called mp every month-case all approved sametime in 17 months

case 4# Two brothers- Two wife cases-one brother filed out form for both-his case appoved in 13 months-others in 16 months-identical info and case

case 5# A PR-2011 applicant-university student-file filled by lawyer-husband case-18 months approval

case 6# Close family friend-married for 12 years-husband case-one kid-been 22 months and still not approved

case 7# Best friend-nikkah case- 2011- never visited wife after nikkah-approved in 19 month

case 8# Neighbour-nikkah case-2011-never visited wife after nikkah- approved in 18 months

Relate this to my case.

Citizen by birth-full marriage-visited 3 times-computerized paper filled-organized-notes say marriage is genuine-wife case-no travel history-no criminality been 22 months and waiting.....

Make dua for a good visa officer, if you can understand that you will understand chc.
Thanks for sharing. From what I gather from this post, this process truly is random and arbitrary and I guess prayers to get the 'right' visa officer is the only answer.

You should order notes to see where your file is. Is there a big age difference between you and your wife? I have heard that plays a role too along with the level of education the principal applicant has.

Waiting2013

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Diya21 said:
Salam All,

Quick question about Police certificate, does anybody know if the embassy requires the police check since you turned 18 or for last 10 years if you have resided in a country for more the 6 months. I am inquiring for my friend whose husband is in US for 12 years however he was in Pakistan for few years after he turned 18. So does he need it from Pakistan as well? She is sponsoring her husband from Sates
Based on my knowledge, he requires a police certificate from Pakistan as well if he lived there for more than 6 months in a row as stated in extract from CIC website given below

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certifed translator.

Diya21

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Thank you so much :)

Waiting2013 said:
Based on my knowledge, he requires a police certificate from Pakistan as well if he lived there for more than 6 months in a row as stated in extract from CIC website given below

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certifed translator.

urgr8

Aug 6, 2013
I know that 9 photos, educational certificates/Mark sheets and birth certificate of the applicant should be submitted at the time of applying for spousal sponsorship. My question is, why it is not included in the checklist form IMM5491 ?

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
urgr8 said:
I know that 9 photos, educational certificates/Mark sheets and birth certificate of the applicant should be submitted at the time of applying for spousal sponsorship. My question is, why it is not included in the checklist form IMM5491 ?

Its included on the regional checklist..

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Nazari said:
congratz, my question is where did you send your passport from and after how long did you get your pp with visa thanks allot
I think a part from sending it to Canadian HC, i don't where else someone can send their PP lol Isn't this obvious ?

Also I think he didn't mentioned anywhere that he got the visa, he is waiting for PP to come back with Visa stamp

kingkhan787

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all.

My wife recently contacted CHC-ISB by telephone to find out the status of her 'Change of Address' request sent few months back by fax, since no update on e-cas or confirmation letter/email.

The guy who answered informed her that our file hasn't even arrived to Islamabad yet, and most likely still sitting in CPP-OTT.
(I received some original docs back end of July 2013 from CPP-OTT).
The guy from CHC-ISB also confirmed with her that the file sits in Ottawa first and then later comes to Islamabad to get processed.

So my questions for you great people is that How can I CALL CPP-OTT to confirm if our file is in fact still sitting there?
I have already emailed today, but who knows when they will reply back.

Is there a Phone number anyone has for CPP-OTTAWA ?
I already have their email and mailing address and Fax... but need Telephone number please!!!

Anyone could please help me out. Thank you & God bless.

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
kingkhan787 said:
Hello all.

My wife recently contacted CHC-ISB by telephone to find out the status of her 'Change of Address' request sent few months back by fax, since no update on e-cas or confirmation letter/email.

The guy who answered informed her that our file hasn't even arrived to Islamabad yet, and most likely still sitting in CPP-OTT.
The guy from CHC-ISB also confirmed with her that the file sits in Ottawa first and then later comes to Islamabad to get processed.

So my questions for you great people is that How can I CALL CPP-OTT to confirm if our file is in fact still sitting there?

I already have their email and mailing address and Fax... but need Telephone number please!!!

email them its faster they reply in a day max two

ASyed

Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
ISL April 2013 then LON May 2014 add doc req May 2014 now PPR1 req April 2015
Med's Request
April 21 2015
Interview........
June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED VISA on June 22 2015
kingkhan787 said:
Hello all.

Asslamualikum kingkhan787,

Interesting info... as per website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp states

Spouse, common‑law partner or dependent child
28 days

Working on applications received on October 30, 2013

I think I will give them a call to see where my husband's application is?

ASyed :)

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
file stays in ottawa abt 5-6 months even after approval from mississauga

ASyed

Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
ISL April 2013 then LON May 2014 add doc req May 2014 now PPR1 req April 2015
Med's Request
April 21 2015
Interview........
June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED VISA on June 22 2015
waiting110 said:
Asslamualikum waiting110,

Thank you for the 411 that is news to me.

We have similar timelines I applied a month prior to you.

ASyed ::)

kingkhan787

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my Step-1 approval 10 months ago... :(

waiting110 said:

I think you confused my question with the step-1 approval from Mississauga. I already received that in February 2013.
I'm talking about Step-2.

ASyed said:
Asslamualikum kingkhan787,

Interesting info... as per website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp states

Spouse, common‑law partner or dependent child
28 days

Working on applications received on October 30, 2013

I think I will give them a call to see where my husband's application is?

ASyed :)

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
order you GCMS notes, you will know what I'm talking about.
you get the approval from Mississauga and then the file goes to ottawa .. the physical file stays there and e-file goes to Isb in e-storage about 5-6 months later. some ppl say they work on the file while its in ottawa so yea idk.