+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013

shahid_04

Nov 9, 2013
******* I am going to send a letter to the Immigration Minister in Canada asking him to look into the ridiculous 32 month processing time ********

So, who's with me ?

Hello,

I am a fairly regular visitor to the website but this is my first time participating actively. I have sponsored my spouse who lives in Pakistan, and I
am absolutely frustrated with the processing times of Islamabad CHC. So, I have decided to personally write a letter to the Immigration Minister
to inform about the state-of-affairs of CHC Islamabad ( Someone needs to bring it to his attention).

Request to all members : I would ask all the members on this forum to mail the CIC office in Canada( ask your
spouse who is in Canada to mail the letter), in protest of the current processing times for CHC Islamabad- which are absolutely ridiculous, to say
the least !! YOu see if they get enough emails then they will actually do something about it.

Please mail the letter to :

The Honourable Chris Alexander, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Note : You don't have to mention your name when you send the letter. Just let them know that you want the processing times reduced or
atleast on same levels as other countries.

Regards,

A Frustrated Spouse/Husband
[/color]

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Breakdown/Guide of GMCS NOTES BY Hubby CHubby

Application section

1) Look at primary office should Islamabad
2) Secondary should be Ottawa (or any other they may have asked help for)
3) Is file number correct? (check for match)
4) *App status* (open/closed)?
5) *App status* (in progress/not started)?
6) Catergory (should be FC1) for spouse sponser. For sub-category (group name {Doc-1-12J7Ti9}
7) Check payments (Complete/incomplete)?
8 ) Check applicant details (Name, DOB, visa potentials)?
9) For Quebec applicants check CSQ (correct file number)??

Sponser details

1) SPR Eligibility (Passed/failed) {Is sponsor even allowed to sponsor??}

Assessment

1) Eligibility (Not started/In progress/passed). {Usually updated after remed}
2) Security/Criminality (Not started/In progress/passed) (Usually after remed or ppr)
3)Medical (expired/passed/failed)

Client details

1) Check Name/ Gender of applicant, DOB (Correct?)
2) Check passport #, NOC #, Tele #, Email, Address (should be correct, ecas in not reliable)

Clients details 2

*Check samething for sponser(Don't worry to much about this rather worry about applicant)

Eligibilty/Criminiality/Security

Under this section, You will see your file being passed on to different officers (ex LM0435 to SM4232) *Look for due date? Good hint regarding when they will open file*

Medical

*Just check Description? (No surveillance required/ Review required).
*By the end should have 2 medicals submitted. (Unless you get visa withing a year)

Correspondence

Outgoing
*This is what they are sending you. (remed, ppr, imm forms request via email or tcs)

Incoming
*This what they have received from you. (If you sent a doc (pcc) check under this section if they have received it)

Attachments

*Bunch of stuff (pics/skype logs/phone calls/docs) that have been scanned and sent to Islamabad via Ottawa or Mississauga.

Fees/payements

*Hopefully they are completely paid Cause they will ask you for sure :)

Group

Everyone has a group. (I learned this in my third gmcs notes) wasn't shown before. (DOC/1-12JGTC2 group name)

History/Paper file

*Basically, whats being going on in your file. (collecting dust in Islamabad)
*Look for app status? Is it in progress?
*Location?

NOTES!!!!!

This is a BIGGY. This is where you will find out about interview queue (yes or no). This is where they talk to each other (Visa officers). This where they decided if your marriage is genuine. I will give you my example:

FC (spousal case) review. (File number). CSQ info is in file. No adverse info found. ID verified, photocopied. FN's (applicants) first name is ---- DOB is ----. Sponser is ----DOB is----. Sponser is Canadian by birth. Employment history is ----. First marriage for FN and sponsor, Married on ---. Marriage certificate is legal (nikkah nama). Sponser was present at wedding. Both lived together in pak. SPR went back --- (date) Marriage appears genuine. police report issued. Fees paid. Medical passed. Pictures are positive and good. Post wedding picture are positive and post wedding support is positive. Skype logs fb chat logs positive. Case OK. Relationship OK.

SEND FN (applicant) Remed, repcc, Imm forms......

Upon receiving docs forward file to SM09878

SM reviewing file. File reviewed forward file to DOC. (group name?)

GMCS NOTES are all about the final section as you can see.

Good luck and make dua for me....

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hubby chubby said:
Breakdown/Guide of GMCS NOTES BY Hubby CHubby

Application section

1) Look at primary office should Islamabad
2) Secondary should be Ottawa (or any other they may have asked help for)
3) Is file number correct? (check for match)
4) *App status* (open/closed)?
5) *App status* (in progress/not started)?
6) Catergory (should be FC1) for spouse sponser. For sub-category (group name {Doc-1-12J7Ti9}
7) Check payments (Complete/incomplete)?
8 ) Check applicant details (Name, DOB, visa potentials)?
9) For Quebec applicants check CSQ (correct file number)??

Sponser details

1) SPR Eligibility (Passed/failed) {Is sponsor even allowed to sponsor??}

Assessment

1) Eligibility (Not started/In progress/passed). {Usually updated after remed}
2) Security/Criminality (Not started/In progress/passed) (Usually after remed or ppr)
3)Medical (expired/passed/failed)

Client details

1) Check Name/ Gender of applicant, DOB (Correct?)
2) Check passport #, NOC #, Tele #, Email, Address (should be correct, ecas in not reliable)

Clients details 2

*Check samething for sponser(Don't worry to much about this rather worry about applicant)

Eligibilty/Criminiality/Security

Under this section, You will see your file being passed on to different officers (ex LM0435 to SM4232) *Look for due date? Good hint regarding when they will open file*

Medical

*Just check Description? (No surveillance required/ Review required).
*By the end should have 2 medicals submitted. (Unless you get visa withing a year)

Correspondence

Outgoing
*This is what they are sending you. (remed, ppr, imm forms request via email or tcs)

Incoming
*This what they have received from you. (If you sent a doc (pcc) check under this section if they have received it)

Attachments

*Bunch of stuff (pics/skype logs/phone calls/docs) that have been scanned and sent to Islamabad via Ottawa or Mississauga.

Fees/payements

*Hopefully they are completely paid Cause they will ask you for sure :)

Group

Everyone has a group. (I learned this in my third gmcs notes) wasn't shown before. (DOC/1-12JGTC2 group name)

History/Paper file

*Basically, whats being going on in your file. (collecting dust in Islamabad)
*Look for app status? Is it in progress?
*Location?

NOTES!!!!!

This is a BIGGY. This is where you will find out about interview queue (yes or no). This is where they talk to each other (Visa officers). This where they decided if your marriage is genuine. I will give you my example:

FC (spousal case) review. (File number). CSQ info is in file. No adverse info found. ID verified, photocopied. FN's (applicants) first name is ---- DOB is ----. Sponser is ----DOB is----. Sponser is Canadian by birth. Employment history is ----. First marriage for FN and sponsor, Married on ---. Marriage certificate is legal (nikkah nama). Sponser was present at wedding. Both lived together in pak. SPR went back --- (date) Marriage appears genuine. police report issued. Fees paid. Medical passed. Pictures are positive and good. Post wedding picture are positive and post wedding support is positive. Skype logs fb chat logs positive. Case OK. Relationship OK.

SEND FN (applicant) Remed, repcc, Imm forms......

Upon receiving docs forward file to SM09878

SM reviewing file. File reviewed forward file to DOC. (group name?)

GMCS NOTES are all about the final section as you can see.

Good luck and make dua for me....

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing ... I learned some new info such as everyone is assigned a group type and detailed conversation between officers.

One thing I'm confused about is my due date for security and criminality was 1 month after receiving sponsorship approval ... eligibility date remains 1 year after sponsorship approval. Not sure whether I should be concerned pertaining to this discrepancy?

Another is the physical location of file is in Ottawa ... the APP was transferred to Islamabad. I noticed this when I looked at when they transferred the file from Mississauga to Ottawa it said BOTH App and File but not in Islamabad's case ... it only said App. Wonder whether they even transfer the paper file or not ...

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If this also helps anyone ... I mailed 16 emails to CPP-Ottawa (facebook, skype etc etc) but they never added anything ... they simply forwarded my email to Islamabad. The dude/gal in islamabad just uploaded 3 emails from the 16 ... or maybe ottawa just sent 3 emails and deleted the rest since Islamabad is the primary office. Now I'm sending the additional documents directly to Islamabad email.

Now this may be different for folks who haven't had their Application transferred to Islamabad in which case Ottawa may still upload the attachments. Be sure to send email to your primary office indicated on GCMS notes! Ottawa acts your primary office for about 5-6 months after your sponsorship approval letter.

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
They will follow the one year due date. (That doesn't mean they will open directly on that date). They may open your file before or even after. No need to be concerned I had two different due date also and opened in the latter.

Since late 2012 physical file always went to ottawa( To collect dust). After a few months, they would scan (important documents) and send it off to Islamabad e-storage. There you just wait for initial file review. They don't really send off the paper file. (Thus many members including myself got a mail from ottawa with all my spouse originals returned)

OmNi2012 said:
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing ... I learned some new info such as everyone is assigned a group type and detailed conversation between officers.

One thing I'm confused about is my due date for security and criminality was 1 month after receiving sponsorship approval ... eligibility date remains 1 year after sponsorship approval. Not sure whether I should be concerned pertaining to this discrepancy?

Another is the physical location of file is in Ottawa ... the APP was transferred to Islamabad. I noticed this when I looked at when they transferred the file from Mississauga to Ottawa it said BOTH App and File but not in Islamabad's case ... it only said App. Wonder whether they even transfer the paper file or not ...

Chashmesh

Jul 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope_123 said:
Hello and congrats, I also wanted a clarification if you may; so even after your visits, you didn't send them proof that you visited him?
Thank you:)
No, I did not send them any proof that I visited him twice. As I mentioned before, they wrote on the letter not to contact them if my case is under the normal processing time. it was also written that you can contact us if your marital status changes or if you have addition to your family etc. They can always find out on their own if i have visited him or not.

Astro2

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isb/Ldn-Hubby's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 02/12
Doc's Request.
updated forms & PCC - November 2013
File Transfer...
May 08/12
Med's Request
remedical - Jan 10/14
Passport Req..
Oct 8th, 2014, Sent on Nov 8th
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 25th/14
LANDED..........
Nov 28th, 2014 inshallah
My husband received request from ISB high commissions to send an updated police clearness report..and also some forms. I applied in Feb 2012.

and my friends husband received a request for remedical. she applied in December 2011.

something is better than nothing,, at least now we know that they have touched our file..and will continue their review soon.

yamayama

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad now in New Delhi since Feb 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7, September, 2012
AOR Received.
17, October, 2012
File Transfer...
17, October, 2012
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
11, June, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 30, 2014
Astro2 said:
My husband received request from ISB high commissions to send an updated police clearness report..and also some forms. I applied in Feb 2012.

and my friends husband received a request for remedical. she applied in December 2011.

something is better than nothing,, at least now we know that they have touched our file..and will continue their review soon.
salam aliakum,

Did your husband receive the letter for police clearance certificate through mail or email.

Thanks u.

dora1234

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-12-2011
Doc's Request.
5-09-2013 along with REPCC
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Med's Request
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-09-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
30-04-2014 (ppr 1) and 12-06-2014 (ppr 2)
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
hubby chubby said:
They asked my spouse to send photocopy of CSQ. Even in my GMCS notes, it was written "request CSQ" and when I sent it to them it said "CSQ received and verified". They do check and verify CSQ.
ohh really....they never asked me for it....they just asked me for the CSQ number...every case varies!

smzaidi22

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
25-09-2012-23rd july 2013 2nd AOR from isb
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
25-10-2011 n 06-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08-05-2014, 30-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2014. recvied 14-06-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
yamayama said:
salam aliakum,

Did your husband receive the letter for police clearance certificate through mail or email.

Thanks u.

My husband recv. It in mail n re medical in email...

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Suzum27 said:
Watching 'Dil walay dulhaniya lai jain Gaye' ! Damn u chc ! Let me have this moment in my life soon!! :mad: :'(
The only reason shahrukh khan chooses kajol and not 'kuljeet' 's sister, is to avoid immigration people altogether

jerry84

Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/17/2012
File Transfer...
09/28/2012 to Isb 04/24/2014 to London
Med's Request
01/30/2014 -Add. Forms + RePCC + ReMed, Nov 2014 Add.Forms + RePCC
Med's Done....
Med extension Req - 01/05/2015, Repeat X-Rays 02/16/2015
Passport Req..
28/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2015
syedgj said:
The only reason shahrukh khan chooses kajol and not 'kuljeet' 's sister, is to avoid immigration people altogether

LOL, that made my day!

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
syedgj said:
lol

mrTwoCents

Aug 27, 2012
That's hilarious! Back in those days CIC were begging people to come to this country.

syedgj said: