+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013

Ali_Bukhari

Sep 12, 2014
Hope_123 said:
you had mentioned it in a general sense, I was going to ask you how you know, so i supposed it was your passport only.
but anyways. mine was received by ahmed on August 11
nothing yet
please pray

ameen

also how can we see the tcs trackings of packages being dispatched from embassy. someone used to post it all the time...
If you have been tracking the forum it turns out it is ahmed. I think he is some sort of reception guy or security person, because the couriers are usually recieved by him.
And did u get the visas stamped ? it is a month since you submitted the passports?

Khawaja786

Jan 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
Med's Request
May 2013, October 2014
Med's Done....
May 2013
Passport Req..
February 2015
VDN said:
I have been waiting since February 2014 after completing my re-medicals. Haven't received the the Passport Request Letter either.
ur timeline?

noah8

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
IronHubby said:
Can anyone tell me as to what photos they submitted with their Remed.
The IOM email mentions
2. Four (4) recent passport size photographs (white background with light clothing colors).
Now that is different from what I submitted last time when doing my medical. Submitted photos that are mentioned in the sponsorship application which are 45mm by 35mm. Slightly confused
They will take ur photo at the spot if its the Lahore IOM office you are going to.

TORONTONIAN04

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/0/0/federal/immigration-and-refugee-board-of-canada/2011/07/26/begum-v-canada-citizenship-and-immigration-2011-87411-irb.shtml

A Poison letter story lol >>

Reasons for Decision

[1] Sultana BEGUM (the "appellant") appeals from the refusal of the sponsored application for permanent residence in Canada of her husband, Ataur Rahman SHAMIN (the "applicant").

[2] The application was refused in a letter dated June 7, 2010[1] because in the opinion of an immigration officer, the applicant’s marriage to the appellant was not genuine and was entered into primarily for immigration purposes. A previous similar application was refused on December 10, 2007 and the appellant appealed to the Immigration Appeal Division (the "IAD"). By decision and reasons signed on November 21, 2008,[2] the IAD determined the applicant was not a member of the family class in that the appellant did not establish that his marriage to the applicant created a genuine union not entered into primarily for immigration purposes. Therefore the IAD dismissed the appeal. The appellant’s application for judicial review was dismissed by the Federal Court on April 2, 2009.[3]

[3] In September 2009, the appellant sponsored a new application for permanent residence in Canada received on September 11, 2009. This appeal is from the refusal of the second application for permanent residence in Canada.

[4] As this appeal appears prima facie to be an attempt to re-litigate a matter which has already been heard and decided by the IAD, in a letter dated February 10, 2011, the IAD, on its own motion, invited the submission of evidence and arguments from the parties on the issue of whether this repeat appeal constitutes an abuse of process, or whether it ought to be dismissed for res judicata.

THE SUBMISSIONS

[5] On March 14, 2011, the appellant replied to the IAD’s request. Her counsel submitted that the doctrine of res judicata does not apply in this case for the following reasons: The second sponsorship application shows the existence of a continued relationship; a child was born to the appellant and the applicant since the decision of the IAD dismissing the appeal from the first refusal; the hearing before the IAD is de novo; the importance of the consideration of the poison pen letter in the first application.

[6] Counsel for the Minister filed submissions in response to the appellant’s submissions on March 24, 2011, arguing essentially that the birth of a child, in and of itself, does not constitute fresh new evidence of the genuineness of a relationship. He submits that the doctrine of res judicata applies to this case and this appeal should be dismissed.

[7] The appellant did not reply to the Minister’s submissions.

ANALYSIS

[5] The three requirements for issue estoppel/res judicata to apply, the same issue has been previously decided, the previous decision was final, and the parties to the present proceeding are the same parties to which the previous decision applied, are present in this case.

[6] The parties to the present proceedings are the same as before and the issue is the same. After a new interview with the applicant, a visa officer refused the application because in his opinion the applicant had not provided fresh new evidence of a genuine relationship. This issue has been decided by the IAD on November 21, 2008 and the Federal Court of Canada dismissed an application for judicial review of the IAD’s decision. Therefore the previous decision was final.

[8] The Supreme Court of Canada in Danyluk[4] has given clear direction that the rules governing res judicata should not be mechanically applied. Even if the criteria for res judicata are met, the issue of whether res judicata ought to be applied in any given case is within the IAD's discretion to determine.

[9] Generally, in cases where the criteria for res judicata are met, it will be applied, unless an overriding question of fairness is raised, and in order to avoid a potential injustice. Such circumstances would dictate that a rehearing is required.

[10] Even in cases where, as here, all the criteria for the application of res judicata are present, a repeat appeal will only be determined to be caught by res judicata if no special circumstances exist that would bring the appeal within the exception to the doctrine.[5] The exception of special circumstances extends, inter alia, to decisive, fresh evidence that could not have been discovered by the exercise of reasonable diligence in the first proceeding.[6] Decisive new evidence has been described as evidence "demonstrably capable of altering the result of the first proceeding".[7]

[11] In the case at bar, the new evidence proffered by the appellant essentially consists of additional letters, most of them not translated, and envelopes[8], additional phone bills[9], money transfers[10], pictures several of which were already part of the previous record and additional trips. I find that this new evidence tendered does not constitute decisive fresh evidence. More than additional letters, photographs and telephone calls to the applicant is required, in my view, to constitute decisive fresh evidence of a genuine marital relationship not entered into primarily for immigration purposes.

[12] The appellant appears to be seeking to have the panel consider the passage of time and the continuing contacts between her and the applicant. However, the mere passage of time does not amount to decisive new evidence.[11]

[13] The other new evidence, according to the appellant’s submissions is that she now has a child, born on November 5, 2010, although no birth certificate was provided nor was any evidence led concerning the paternity of the child. In any event, as held by the Federal Court of Canada, “the mere existence of a child does not, on its own, establish the genuineness of a relationship.”[12] Although this is a factor that needs to be taken into account, its evidentiary weight in this case must be assessed in the broader context of the genuineness of the relationship. In other words, is the existence of the child one of several new factors indicating that this is a genuine relationship? I find that it is not.

[14] The appellant also submits that a major difference between this application and the previous one is the importance of the consideration of a poison pen letter in the first application. According to her counsel’s submission: “It is important to highlight the fact that in the first IAD decision dated November 21, 2008, the core issue was related to a poison pen letter which was sent by the sister-in-law who was involved in a bitter divorce with the appellant’s brother”. However, this was clearly not the case. As indicated in the IAD’s previous decision, while the Panel looked at the two poison pen letters denouncing the appellant’s brother, it decided that the letters should not be given any weight in the assessment of the appellant’s marriage :

The Panel does not find that they [the poison pen letters] should be given any weight in the assessment of the genuineness of the appellant’s marriage to the applicant and of their intentions when they entered into the marriage as finding otherwise would amount to concluding that they are “guilty” by association.[13]

[15] The appellant’s counsel argues that a new hearing would allow for full review of the evidence. However, the appellant has not brought forth any new and decisive evidence. Therefore, I conclude that the exception of special circumstances has not been established and that the doctrine of res judicata applies in this case. Since I find that the doctrine of res judicata applies, there is no need for me to determine if this second appeal constitutes an abuse of process.

NOTICE OF DECISION

The appeal is dismissed for res judicata.

Khawaja786

Jan 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
Med's Request
May 2013, October 2014
Med's Done....
May 2013
Passport Req..
February 2015
noah8 said:
They will take ur photo at the spot if its the Lahore IOM office you are going to.
your timeline?

Hope_123

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad -- New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2012
File Transfer...
November 2012 but according to GCMS; July 2013 [ISB] ; February 15th 2014 [New Delhi]
Med's Request
May 26 2014
Med's Done....
May 28 2014, ecas changed to IN PROCESS May 29 2014; Emedical sent to CIC June 8 2014; Ecas DECISION MADE June 21
Passport Req..
Alhamdullilah on July 29 2014; Islamabad received PP August 11
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdullilah September 18, 2014!!!
LANDED..........
Alhamdullilah September 27, 2014!!!
Ali_Bukhari said:
If you have been tracking the forum it turns out it is ahmed. I think he is some sort of reception guy or security person, because the couriers are usually recieved by him.
And did u get the visas stamped ? it is a month since you submitted the passports?
no visa yet. its been a month that my passport is with them
please pray so inshallah my husband receives his passport very soon.
this last and final step is just as frustrating as the WHOLE process.
inshallah everyone's cases will be complete and everyone is reunited with their spouse
Ameen

Ali_Bukhari

Sep 12, 2014
Hope_123 said:
inshallah everyone's cases will be complete and everyone is reunited with their spouse
Ameen
Inshallah prayers for all. Please drop an email to CHC and request your visa stat. They say if u dont receive visa in 4 weeks emails us.
So i will suggest that u should email them. overall their seems to be no activity reported in the forum regarding receipt of visa for the past whole month. I dont know what is CHC Isb doing ?

w8ing

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
AOR Received.
28-10-2012
File Transfer...
Londan .. Feb 2014
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
hope soon
Raheel27a said:
my remedical is on coming monday and i have pictures with white background but the size is 35mm 45mm...is that right size?
This tym they have no concern with size... I have made passport size with white background and mine is on monday too

Raheel27a

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, feb 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 feb 2013
Doc's Request.
14 aug 2014, 5 sep 2014, 16 sep 2014
File Transfer...
15 mar 2013
Med's Request
05 sep 2014
Med's Done....
15 sep 2014
Passport Req..
9th feb 2015 (passport submited thru VAC on 10th of feb 2015) (Decision Made on 18 feb 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11th march 2015
your ecas changed into inprocess or not?
w8ing said:
This tym they have no concern with size... I have made passport size with white background and mine is on monday too

w8ing

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
AOR Received.
28-10-2012
File Transfer...
Londan .. Feb 2014
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
hope soon

emanR

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-2013
File Transfer...
london april 2014
Med's Request
2nd medical on may-2014 3rd medical 8th sept 2015
Interview........
june-2014

N.Ali

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd January 2013
Doc's Request.
28th July 2014
AOR Received.
5th Febuary 2013
File Transfer...
5th July 2014 to London
Med's Request
28th July 2014
Med's Done....
1st Medical 10th Dec 2012. 2nd Medical 28th August 2014
Passport Req..
21th January 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28th February 2015
LANDED..........
31th July 2015
15 days are gone since my re medical and my ecase is still same

Sidkhan

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th June 2013
Doc's Request.
9th January 2015
AOR Received.
17th July 2013
Med's Done....
19th January 2015
Interview........
Waived In Process:17th February 2015. Decision Made: 6th March 2015
Passport Req..
10th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2015
N.Ali said:
15 days are gone since my re medical and my ecase is still same
Hey ali how did u find ur date of transfer to london?? I applied in june but my file was a part of mass transfer which was in february 2014. I assume u have mentioned the date on which u recieved an email from isb. Is it so?

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
Hope_123 said:
Ameen
Why dont u email London office and complain for so much delay?? .. This is really furstrating
Call Chc isb for your passport inquire i suggest as u already pass 4 weeks

N.Ali

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd January 2013
Doc's Request.
28th July 2014
AOR Received.
5th Febuary 2013
File Transfer...
5th July 2014 to London
Med's Request
28th July 2014
Med's Done....
1st Medical 10th Dec 2012. 2nd Medical 28th August 2014
Passport Req..
21th January 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28th February 2015
LANDED..........
31th July 2015
Sidkhan said:
Hey ali how did u find ur date of transfer to london?? I applied in june but my file was a part of mass transfer which was in february 2014. I assume u have mentioned the date on which u recieved an email from isb. Is it so?
yes i checked the date when i received that email fromLVO.