Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
APAK said:
Get ur ID card changed. It should now b wife of xyz. I did that too.didn't wana change my name bt everyone including lawyer advised to change it to make everything easier...
hmm..my lawyer didnt feel the need cause he said every other document shows that u r married so its no issue..also if i do it now wouldnt it look weird..i mean after 2 years of application submission..

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Faso said:
hmm..my lawyer didnt feel the need cause he said every other document shows that u r married so its no issue..also if i do it now wouldnt it look weird..i mean after 2 years of application submission..
It doesn't look weird, you are just getting your ducks in a row. Even if you don't make the change it is not an issue unless you guys planning to have kids AND want them to have SNICOP to visit Pakistan. If you are okay with getting visit visa the first time they (kids) travel to Pakistan and getting their CNIC made locally then you have nothing to worry about.

Faso

Mar 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
fizz1234 said:
It doesn't look weird, you are just getting your ducks in a row. Even if you don't make the change it is not an issue unless you guys planning to have kids AND want them to have SNICOP to visit Pakistan. If you are okay with getting visit visa the first time they (kids) travel to Pakistan and getting their CNIC made locally then you have nothing to worry about.
dont know when ill have kids n when they'll visit pak..as long as it doesnt affect my immigration, i think im good.. :D
honestly at the time of submission, i was so frustrated with all these documents n proofs that i was just glad that i have everything,didnt bother with this but i think i should have..o well

beeba-bacha

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faso said:
i didnt change my name n neither did i update my passport cause i had already renewed it a few months before my wedding since i had to go abroad n there were a lot of passport pages k maslay at the passport offices here so i update that im married in them..also my cnic has my dads name..but i got a nadra ka computerized marriage certificate n all..
same i did not change name on CNIC and passport,
got TRV on same documents last yr, so it is not an issue

zindagi

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan 2015
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 2013 to Isd & Feb 2014 to LVO
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
Faso said:
i didnt change my name n neither did i update my passport cause i had already renewed it a few months before my wedding since i had to go abroad n there were a lot of passport pages k maslay at the passport offices here so i update that im married in them..also my cnic has my dads name..but i got a nadra ka computerized marriage certificate n all..
wife of is okay but changing name is a fuss, i mean I can remain with my name because i live my whole life with this name and I am happy. I love my husband but it doesnt mean i have to show my love to him by changing my name, (cic understands this thing, i think ???). btw I read somewhere that women should not change their names to their husbands name (it was related to some islamic article but not sure). oh wel, its just my point of view!!! :)

ano987

Dec 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2012
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
sept 2012
Med's Request
10 dec 2013
Med's Done....
17 dec 2013
Passport Req..
ppr1 and 2 together on 21 august
VISA ISSUED...
inshallah soon
No ppr today.... :( :( :'(

Hera_86

Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ london transfer end of feb.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-9-2011
Doc's Request.
Dec-4-2013
AOR Received.
1st Feb-2012
File Transfer...
1st Feb-2012
Med's Request
Jan 30 2014
Med's Done....
19th-Oct-2011/ 5-feb-2014
Interview........
17 th june 2014
Passport Req..
ppr1 june- 27-14, ppr2 8-jul-14
VISA ISSUED...
23rd-july-2014
zindagi said:
wife of is okay but changing name is a fuss, i mean I can remain with my name because i live my whole life with this name and I am happy. I love my husband but it doesnt mean i have to show my love to him by changing my name, (cic understands this thing, i think ???). btw I read somewhere that women should not change their names to their husbands name (it was related to some islamic article but not sure). oh wel, its just my point of view!!! :)
Ya its ok if you dnt change your sur name

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
SAM629 said:
If her kids want to get NICOP then they can only give their father's ID card and they can make their NICOP just on their father's and can get Pakistani passport for free entry to Pakistan.
Want to back your statement with proof ?

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
SAM629 said:
Sis I have personal experience with Nadra people. what else.. Any blood relation's NIC they ll accept..
Umm ya that won't cut it anymore.

Here you go:
http://www.pakmission.ca/frameconsularservices.htm

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
SAM629 said:
Hahaa, u are funny lol But After marriage women recognized by her husband not by her father. That is why in Islam it is good to change your name after marriage. But everyone has its own point of view :)
Married women were required/wanted to change their name after the world war as it was taken as a sign of smugness to be married since there were not many men who returned from war. This carried over with their rule over subcontinent and is still carried out in UK. Nothing to do with our religion, which is evident by the fact that all reference are quoted in the following format "Wife's first name + name of wife's tribe/family" in our books.

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
SAM629 said:
Yeahhh, but it is from Pakistani consulate and I made it from Islamabad Nadra office. And As a pakistani you also know anything can happen in Pakistan. So here we go :D
If you read it again the whole discussion was about what happens after she is in Canada and have kids there. Once in Canada you will have to deal with Pakistani consulate not Islamabad or any other office.

zindagi

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan 2015
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 2013 to Isd & Feb 2014 to LVO
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
fizz1234 said:
Married women were required/wanted to change their name after the world war as it was taken as a sign of smugness to be married since there were not many men who returned from war. This carried over with their rule over subcontinent and is still carried out in UK. Nothing to do with our religion, which is evident by the fact that all reference are quoted in the following format "Wife's first name + name of wife's tribe/family + wife of so and so" in our books.
well said Fizz!
please dont pull the religion in everything, its the matter of choice, however, everyone will be called by their mommy's name at the end :)

ushaikh5

Aug 19, 2013
kman said:
Congrats! Is this your first correspondence with CIC after your initial file submission? Did you ever submit proof voluntarily?
yes, I had only received my original documents back in August 2013 and no other communication with cic. Just checked my wife's e-mail and saw the re-med request. No they haven't asked for police clearance neither did I submit any documents voluntarily.

AW23

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad NOW LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 April 2012
Doc's Request.
24 May 2014
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
30 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
8 Sep 2014
Passport Req..
26 Sep 2014, Sent:oct 27, Rcvd: nov 6, 14
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 30, 2014
I just rcvd an email from london today asking me to submit few docs which include

Long form birth certificate for the principal applicant
The long form birth certificate for your baby

Previously ottawa sent me back my originals in Aug 13 after scanning them. My birth certificate is not registered with union council or nadra. But it is just the hospital issued birth certficate. It dont have my name written over it. Just B/O ______ the dob and time etc. Now my ques is that k do i had to send them the registered one now or the old one that i previously sent??

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Is it right to say that London is processing applications based on first come first serve? Seems like they r working on Nov Dec 2011 applications..n early 2012 applications?

Looks like its gna b a long wait till they come down to Oct2012

Ordered my notes n found out nothing started on my file yet.