+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

July-2010

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
wes786 said:
On the passport request it clearly states it must be valid for minimum of 12 months. I suggest you email them explaining the situation and see what they reply you with, if they don't reply then call and see if the reception desk can help with the issue otherwise you might have to get a the new one as urgent! And if you just decide to send the old one, and they return it back with an objection then that would cause even more delays, so just decide carefully whatyou want to do. If you explain it to them and they don't allow you to send your old passport I am sure they will extend the time to comply from 15 days to a month or something, thats no big deal.
zeeeee said:
ONE QUESTION:
when submitting passport, whats the minimum validity needed? I know they state that it should be valid for at least ONE year but is it really necessary? Has anyone heard of any case where it was less than a year? because, i'd applied for a new passport on aug 1st. it's supposed to come by mid sept. meanwhile, my PPR has given me 15 days, which end by sept 7th i think.
I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT till mid sept for PP to go, so am thinking of submitting my current one with 6-months validity. Any idea whether it would create any problems or no?? I do plan to fly out immediately, preferably within a week of rcving PP.
suggestions?
Zeee, wes and other friends,

I have another view on this. Point no.4 On PPR letter clearly states that Visa can be issued for a maximum validity of 12 months. Its good to have a passport valid for more than 12 months but its not mandatory.

Visa validity is maximum 12 months or expiry of medical exam or expiry of passport. whichever comes first.

Again, please refer to the check point 4 in detail. so there is no harm in sending the old passport according to that.

Hope it helps!

Now my +1???

zeeeee

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
File Transfer...
02-09-2010
Med's Request
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
10-08-2011
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2011
LANDED..........
03-10-2011
exactly my point!! becz a cousin did this (his wive's passport was expiring in 8 months) and she still got her visa issued.
i just wanted some feedback from all the experienced members here..besides, i'll try calling/ emailing them and see if I get any response.
thanks all!!

July-2010 said:

I have another view on this. Point no.4 On PPR letter clearly states that Visa can be issued for a maximum validity of 12 months. Its good to have a passport valid for more than 12 months but its not mandatory.

Visa validity is maximum 12 months or expiry of medical exam or expiry of passport. whichever comes first.

Again, please refer to the check point 4 in detail. so there is no harm in sending the old passport according to that.

Hope it helps!

Now my +1???

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
I am 90% confident that it wouldn't be a problem, however it's CHC Islamabad and they like to change rules and do things out of their sop so just check with them before sending as a precaution!

July-2010 said:

Hope it helps!

Now my +1???

B

bestplace4u

wes786 said:
I am 90% confident that it wouldn't be a problem, however it's CHC Islamabad and they like to change rules and do things out of their sop so just check with them before sending as a precaution!
Passport should be valid for minimum of 6 months in order for visa to be issued, not only with Canadian Visa it includes other countries as well. If a passport is valid for 8 months then visa will also be valid for 8 months, there is no such requirement anywhere in the world to have a passport valid for 1 year.

kashif8597

May 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2010
AOR Received.
13-July-2010
By the Grace of Allah and prayers from you all, today my wife received re-medical along with Passport submission request.

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
MashaALLAH congrats man!
Happy togetherness bro
Remember in your prays

kashif8597 said:
By the Grace of Allah and prayers from you all, today my wife received re-medical along with Passport submission request.

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
Congratulations...Mashallah this Ramdan has blessed ppl with alot of PPrs
kashif8597 said:

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestplace4u said:
Passport should be valid for minimum of 6 months in order for visa to be issued, not only with Canadian Visa it includes other countries as well. If a passport is valid for 8 months then visa will also be valid for 8 months, there is no such requirement anywhere in the world to have a passport valid for 1 year.
He is damn right