+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

waljo88

Aug 6, 2011
Ali_427 said:
My Wife got her PPR Today......Ramadan Prayers paid off :D :D :D

I pray that everyone else waiting well get this good news soon, by the grace of Allah real soon!

July 2010 AOR

Ali
Congrats Ali,

Anything you can share that might help the rest of us. Anything you did that was special because it looks like you were well ahead of schedule.

Aug 7, 2011
We received your application to sponsor NAME ****************on April 12, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 14, 2010.

We returned your application with a letter on May 14, 2010. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We received the application that you resubmitted on May 21, 2010.

We sent you a letter on June 11, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
ISLAMABAD SEND ME LETTER :20 JULY 2010 AFTER NO NEWS.
AFTER 11 MOUNTHS LATER, AGAIN SAME INFORMATION PHONE CARD ,PHONE HIST,PCC,JOB LETTER,PHOTOS,FORMS, PHIR SAY NO NEWS .ALLAH G KUCH KAREY .

H

humpakwatan

Danny4450 said:
I am not sure why they are asking for your paystubs & Notice of assessment ???

Spousal sponsorship has nothing to do with how much money a person makes. Even a student with no income can sponsor a spouse.

Low Income Cut Off (LICO)

In most cases, if landed immigrants or Canadian citizens want to sponsor members of the Family Class, they are required to demonstrate that they are able to support all of the people that they wish to sponsor as well as all of their dependants already in Canada. This is accomplished using a formula designed by the government.

Refer to the low-income cut-off table below and go down the column until you come to the line that corresponds with the number of people who already depend on you for support in Canada as well as the number of people you intend to sponsor. This is the amount of income you must have to sponsor your relatives for immigration to all provinces but Quebec. For Quebec please access the CIC Website.

Under special circumstances you may be able to bring family to Canada where you cannot meet the LICO amount. Please contact our office for a consultation and further information on this issue.

Low Income Cut-off (LICO)
Effective until December 31, 2010

Size of Family Unit

Minimum necessary income

1 person (the sponsor)

$22,171

2 persons

$27,601

3 persons

$33,933

4 persons

$41,198

5 persons

$46,727

6 persons

$52,699

7 persons

$58,673

More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add

$5,974

source:http://www.migrationlaw.com/general.php?category=Immigration+to+Canada&subhead=Permanent+Residence&headline=Family+Class

Ali_427

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waljo88 said:
Congrats Ali,

Anything you can share that might help the rest of us. Anything you did that was special because it looks like you were well ahead of schedule.
I got the objection letter back in April along with PCC and medical in the same month and I sent in the proof that we talked almost 6 to 10 hours a week, the money I sent her, I sent her gift and flowers on all occasions and that was enough proof..... I think the prayers paid off in my case..... I pray for all of you to hear some good news too!

Thanks
Ali

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Ali_427 said:
I got the objection letter back in April along with PCC and medical in the same month and I sent in the proof that we talked almost 6 to 10 hours a week, the money I sent her, I sent her gift and flowers on all occasions and that was enough proof..... I think the prayers paid off in my case..... I pray for all of you to hear some good news too!

Thanks
Ali
MashAllah bro, you really got lucky even after the objection. They didnt even ask for any extra documents from my wife, no objections, relationship was cosidered genuine during initial review and we are still in our 19th month. I have no idea what's going on anymore, it's so frustrating. Do keep us in your prayer...

pakhtun_89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISLMBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/10/2010
Doc's Request.
FEB 2012
File Transfer...
03/12/2010
Med's Request
July 16th 2012
wes786 said:
MashAllah bro, you really got lucky even after the objection. They didnt even ask for any extra documents from my wife, no objections, relationship was cosidered genuine during initial review and we are still in our 19th month. I have no idea what's going on anymore, it's so frustrating. Do keep us in your prayer...
Wes brother when is the best time to send them voluntarily proof of marriage so they don't delay the process more and i only have the calling history with me available ex. skype and my wife calls me from Pakistan like Telenor history ? cic-islmd recieved my app on Dec 03 2010

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
pakhtun_89 said:
Wes brother when is the best time to send them voluntarily proof of marriage so they don't delay the process more and i only have the calling history with me available ex. skype and my wife calls me from Pakistan like Telenor history ? cic-islmd recieved my app on Dec 03 2010
After Ramadan sometime in September would be good. Send whatever you have, something is better than nothing...

pakhtun_89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISLMBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/10/2010
Doc's Request.
FEB 2012
File Transfer...
03/12/2010
Med's Request
July 16th 2012
wes786 said:
After Ramadan sometime in September would be good. Send whatever you have, something is better than nothing...
Jazakllah and inshallah you will hear some good news in this month of Ramazan

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
humpakwatan said:
Low Income Cut Off (LICO)

In most cases, if landed immigrants or Canadian citizens want to sponsor members of the Family Class, they are required to demonstrate that they are able to support all of the people that they wish to sponsor as well as all of their dependants already in Canada. This is accomplished using a formula designed by the government.

Refer to the low-income cut-off table below and go down the column until you come to the line that corresponds with the number of people who already depend on you for support in Canada as well as the number of people you intend to sponsor. This is the amount of income you must have to sponsor your relatives for immigration to all provinces but Quebec. For Quebec please access the CIC Website.

Under special circumstances you may be able to bring family to Canada where you cannot meet the LICO amount. Please contact our office for a consultation and further information on this issue.

Low Income Cut-off (LICO)
Effective until December 31, 2010

Size of Family Unit

Minimum necessary income

1 person (the sponsor)

$22,171

2 persons

$27,601

3 persons

$33,933

4 persons

$41,198

5 persons

$46,727

6 persons

$52,699

7 persons

$58,673

More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add

$5,974

source:http://www.migrationlaw.com/general.php?category=Immigration+to+Canada&subhead=Permanent+Residence&headline=Family+Class
I hope this clears up any misconceptions about minimum income necessary for Spousal sponsorship ;D

133. (1) A sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor

(j) if the sponsor resides

(i) in a province other than a province referred to in paragraph 131(b), has a total income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income, and

(ii) in a province referred to in paragraph 131(b), is able, within the meaning of the laws of that province and as determined by the competent authority of that province, to fulfil the undertaking referred to in that paragraph; and

(k) is not in receipt of social assistance for a reason other than disability.

Exception to minimum necessary income

(4) Paragraph (1)(j) does not apply if the sponsored person is

(a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and has no dependent children;

(b) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and has a dependent child who has no dependent children; or

(c) a dependent child of the sponsor who has no dependent children or a person referred to in paragraph 117(1)(g).

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/regu/sor-2002-227/latest/sor-2002-227.html#sec133subsec4

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Danny4450 said:
Exception to minimum necessary income

(4) Paragraph (1)(j) does not apply if the sponsored person is

(a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and has no dependent children;

So basically the minimum income clause does not apply to sponsoring a spouse, but mostly to other family members?

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
But there is no harm in checking seats availability & price of trend of ticket price online ;)
It would help you guess.. Btw PIA pa 1 time reschedule ka scene houta hai right? but can you reserve without visa online/in office? anyone?

wes786 said:
Since your remedical came with PPR, it will take a little longer to come back normally 4-6 weeks but don't book your tickets now because we have seen some taking over 2 months so I suggest you book ticket once you have visa and passport in hand unless the tickets you book are refundable...

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:

Wes brother do you think your wife has a common type of name which might have caused a detailed security check hence taking this long for the process ............. otherwise I dont see any reason for them for taking this long ......... I think CAIPS wont tell the detailed security check or basic security check status ........... just a random thought

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
re med oct2010,re pcc jan 2011
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
Danny4450 said:
I am not sure why they are asking for your paystubs & Notice of assessment ???

Spousal sponsorship has nothing to do with how much money a person makes. Even a student with no income can sponsor a spouse.
\

they do ask ..they asked me mine NOA`s and pay stubs also :(

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Humaumair said:
\

they do ask ..they asked me mine NOA`s and pay stubs also :(

Put it this way .................. they can do whatever they feel like with their absolute authority