+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

miksterz

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
If my wife goes to IOM instead of Roohina Sattar, will she be looked at by a female doctor? Or will the female doctor do some parts of the examination while the male doctor does some other parts?

dante2010

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miksterz said:
If my wife goes to IOM instead of Roohina Sattar, will she be looked at by a female doctor? Or will the female doctor do some parts of the examination while the male doctor does some other parts?
My wife did her re-medical from IOM and she was attended by a female doctor for IMPORTANT parts of the examination. Rest of the parts were either done by the male doctor. so u need not to worry about it.

jia

Mar 1, 2011
khi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
processing start july 2009
Med's Request
re-med march3, 2011
Med's Done....
re-med march 7, 2011
Passport Req..
may 2011,thanks to ALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
passport back on 20 june
miksterz said:
I went to IOM and my experience was good.ya the lady doc does all the parts.

khan82

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May.2010 Mississauga
AOR Received.
Aug.2010
File Transfer...
July.2010
Ali_Shah said:
shabash alpha app buddy ho to baqi sab kiya yahan "cholay" bechnai aye howay hain lolzz:D Lala g umeed hai ap nai mind nahin kiya hoga ;)
Khan82 please sab k liye dua karna okay :)
Ali_shah Bro salam i did pray for all of us aur haa agr Allah meri dua sy karta hai to may give all happiness to you and all other forum member and as i promised bestplace4u bro I did nafil for him and Allah sub ko kamyab kary ap sub be muji apny dua O may yaad raky zaror :)

B

bestplace4u

khan82 said:
Ali_shah Bro salam i did pray for all of us aur haa agr Allah meri dua sy karta hai to may give all happiness to you and all other forum member and as i promised bestplace4u bro I did nafil for him and Allah sub ko kamyab kary ap sub be muji apny dua O may yaad raky zaror :)
Thank you sis may Allah resolve all your problems soon.

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
ASsalam walikum wr wb,,,
Kase hain ap sub.Meri yehi dua hai ALLAH paak ap subko appne loved one k saat jaldi mila de(sum Ameen) Appbi muhe apnid duaoon mein zaroor yaad rakhiye ga ...

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
Really fantasizing :)
God Bless u all

mahmed17 said:
Yes allhumdulillah I am enjoying it and am looking forward to the day I get to take my car with flowers to the airport haha :D but I am kidding about the closet I am giving him one whole closet to himself since I have 2 walk ins so I won't be mean to him (yet) but when my saas comes she is bringing me more clothes so I might have to steal some of his room laterr lol.

Well your husband must not be complaining after waiting so long to get to be with you im sure even the 20% makes him happy ;D

Jazakillah khair sis for the duas gave you +1, everytime u write to me ill give you one ;D and you are right its good to see peoples experiences when landing, speaking of which when your hubby landed how was his experience at the airport?

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
Very nice post S.Jan
Really Appreciated....

There is a couple more I regularly check for jobs www.eluta.ca & http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/Intro-eng.aspx and are worth use

S. Jan said:
Assalam alaikum,
Hope every1z fine... i hope visas are issued or about to be issued INSHALLAH n ameen..
I have some tips to offer for those who are coming here soon INSHALLAH.. I geuss every1 probably know these things but just in case..

-It helps that you search for jobs while u r in Pakistan... now a days the job situation is pretty slow over here..
Some great job sites are:
www.monster.ca
www.kijijji.ca
www.indeed.com
www.google.com

-It may take some time to get your own field of work but stay hopefull, keep searching and applying for jobs online or through recruiting agencies (search in your area, go to the ones close by and register with them). Contact your prospective employer and send them your updated and proofread resume and a cover letter.
Bring all your educational documents along with your references and recommendation letters from ur past/current employers and professors.

-If you plan on pursuing your education further or enrolling in uni/colleges here, search for Canadian universities/colleges on google. Look for the admission requirements...Contact the desired program advisers through email if you have any inquiries. Again make sure to bring all your educational documents if this is what you are interested in.

-Incase you are stuck and can't find employment.. I would strongly recommend to get admissions in colleges or universities for upgrading urself as jobs in IT for instance, may require programs u have no experience of. So short-term studies to stay upto date, does make a difference.

-Prepare yourself for G1 driving license beforehand. This site will help you for G1:
http://www.carsaga.com/driving-test/ontario-g1-driving-test/
keep in mind its for Ontario residence.. if u plan on going to another province just type G1 test preparation and ur province name and hopefully something will come up.

Don't forget to bring your old driving license please. The more years of experience you have on there, the better! Your will pay less insurance if you add up that experience while registering for G1 Licence.

FOR GIRLS:
- What household/kitchen items to pack/bring wen coming here...?
My personal experience ...
If you are goin to settle in Ontario and to be more specific in Toronto/Mississauga area.. trust me everything u need from Pakistan is here... u just have to find those pakistani/indian stores in Toronto and Mississauga area.. from cutlery to bedsheets everythingz available.. prices are reasonable but then again this could be subjective..
bring green-tea lol if u like to drink it. :p its hard to get the pakistani onez here.. and some nice kameez/shalwar or kurta type stuff i geuss.. u will need all summer, winter, spring material clothings...
If you are bringing your jewelry make sure to bring the receipts for that.. they charge you for that on the air-port.

GOOD LUCK .. u all are in my prayers :)

Doctorkhan

Jun 29, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad,Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb , 2010
AOR Received.
April,2010
File Transfer...
March,2010
Med's Done....
Feb, 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2011
mj1998 said:
Thanks for your response.

..about the file number: My wife had to go to the embassy to get the file number; they just wouldn't give the file number through any other method.

Can I use PPTC-042 when applying for a limited validity ppt? If so, then the checklist asks for the following:
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship <-- this section asks for the certificate number
- Any valid Canadian Passport and or travel document issued to the child.
Bro trust me u dont need canadian citizenship to apply for LVP .... either u can apply for it at the same time of applying for ur citizenship or after applying for the citizenship .... and your wife dont need to go to the embassy to get the file number .... I bugged them for two weeks by sending faxes and emails and eventually they called my wife in karachi and provided her the file number on phone and they apologizeed for responding late and told that due to workload they are unable to respond in a timely manner . Then i went to the passport office in Toronto to sign the consent form ppt028 and the passport office sent the same form by fax to CHC-ISB consular section .... for verifying this info you can call the Canadian consulate ..... IF u have a pakistani passport of ur daughter submit it with the application and for Canadian citizenship requirement just write a letter stating that ur citizenship case is in process and give them the file number for reference .... just give a call to the consulate and confirm with them whether i am right or wrong .

hinajameel1984

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
30-05-2011
Med's Request
waiting!
Med's Done....
waiting!
Interview........
waiting!
Passport Req..
waiting!
VISA ISSUED...
waiting!
LANDED..........
waiting!
Hi everyone !

What is AOR for the applicants of 2011 ? Ecas showing application received status is our AOR right? I should start counting months from the sate the application was received at Islamabad. Please confirm.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
hinajameel1984 said:
Hi everyone !

What is AOR for the applicants of 2011 ? Ecas showing application received status is our AOR right? I should start counting months from the sate the application was received at Islamabad. Please confirm.
AOR stands for "Acknoledgment of Receipt" and is usually sent to the applicant whose PR is in process (Sponsored person in Pakistan). After the file was transfered from CPC-M to CHC-I, and when Islamabad created file for the applicant they sent out a letter to the applicant saying that the file is received at the embassy, this was the AOR but they have stoped sending those in Mid October2010. Ecas just gives you an idea of when your process was started so yes you can count the days from that day. If you want to know your immigration file# to send correspondence and supporting documents you will have to email the embassy in Islamabad to find that out. Their email address is: islamabad-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

jmb2008

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
CONGRATULATIONS MAXIMUS!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

well still no news from my side, i emailed the embassy in march....no reponse....april no reponse...skipped may and now in june i emailed....still no reponse, i know that one should never lose hope, but all this is very discouraging, plz remember me in your prayers