Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Unfortunetaly, at this day and age you will have to go back to pakistan for a wedding ceremony.

astopal said:
Hi everyone ,
I am in canada as permanent resident, and now i am planning for marriage in pakistan, so sholud i go back to my country for marriage and apply for my wife or can i perform Nikkah online, and is that nikkah will be acceptable?????? i am waiting for ur responses

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Salam all I'm back in Canada and the MP office will have a surprise visit tomorrow In Sha Allah

Micmac101

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
micmac101 said:
Salam all I'm back in Canada and the MP office will have a surprise visit tomorrow In Sha Allah
Micmac101
May Allah help you get through.

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
Canada immigration: how visa officers used their discretionary power to decide who deserved to join their spouses here.

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/02/01/a_rare_look_inside_the_black_box_of_canada_immigration.html

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Salam Impulsive this is so bad to read. Relationship is Genuine and bona fied its the marriage certificate they said had to be corrected and we did this in Sept/13 and still no news. The Union Council also said they have not contacted them either. The registrar also said he was not contacted either. That's over 4 months ago.

I just found that a form was received Jan /14 its called EM 5476 have to find out what this is In Sha Allah..... Please pray for us In Sha Allah or I maybe moving to Pakistan In Sha Allah. Only Allah knows better In Sha Allah

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
micmac101 said:
Salam Impulsive this is so bad to read. Relationship is Genuine and bona fied its the marriage certificate they said had to be corrected and we did this in Sept/13 and still no news. The Union Council also said they have not contacted them either. The registrar also said he was not contacted either. That's over 4 months ago.

I just found that a form was received Jan /14 its called EM 5476 have to find out what this is In Sha Allah..... Please pray for us In Sha Allah or I maybe moving to Pakistan In Sha Allah. Only Allah knows better In Sha Allah
Micmac, sometimes no news is good news - as they don't need any other docs, I believe it must be a case of having another due date and file looked at with internal processing procedure etc

AW23

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad NOW LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 April 2012
Doc's Request.
24 May 2014
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
30 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
8 Sep 2014
Passport Req..
26 Sep 2014, Sent:oct 27, Rcvd: nov 6, 14
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 30, 2014
HELLO EVERYONE! (Apologies for the repeated question)

Has anyone applied for there baby citizenship certificate directly to the Sydney Nova Scotia office?

Hasan-Murad

Feb 3, 2014
Assalam-o-Alikum
I have received the Re-Medical from CHC, Islamabad on Jan-29th,2014. Please tell me what are the steps after this medical for the Visa.
My Timeline is:
Application Filed : Feb-2010
AOR Received : Mar-2010
Interview : May-2011
2nd Interview : October-2012
and now
Re-Medical : Jan-2014
Please help me & guide me about the next upcoming steps & also the time remaining.
Thanks

Syed Muhammad Asim

Nov 26, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2012
Doc's Request.
September 2013
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Med's Request
Nov 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Passport Req..
September 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
Hasan-Murad said:
Assalam-o-Alikum
I have received the Re-Medical from CHC, Islamabad on Jan-29th,2014. Please tell me what are the steps after this medical for the Visa.
My Timeline is:
and now
Please help me & guide me about the next upcoming steps & also the time remaining.
Thanks
well since you got a medical request next step will b hopefully Passport Request there r soo many ppl here waiting for their passport request since august 2013 so hope for the best just do ur medical as soon as possible .

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
micmac101 said:

May Allah help you since its taking way too long and I think its about time you write a letter to Minister of immigration and send a copy to chc Islamabad and a copy to your M.P as I have done that in the past.
Here is the sample of that letter but please make sure to make all the appropriate changes including the name of Minister of immigration.

June 15th, 2012

Iftikhar Ahmad,
505 Menton Court,
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada,
L5R 2Z6

The High Commission of Canada
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad, Pakistan

ATT: Visa Office

RE: File # F000001899
Uzma Iftikhar Ahmad

Dear Sirs;

As per the above captioned file, I commenced a spousal sponsorship of my wife Uzma Iftikhar Ahmad in September, 2010 when the stated time line for an Immigrant Visa was 16 months.

By caips/gcms, I have learned that my wife is in an "interview queue" and that according to the record posted through public forum (CHC,Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009-2010), this interview will not take place for at least one year; and, this process is not according to FIFO as applications are submitted. In fact a number of 2011 applicants have received their visas.

I am quite aware that the time line was increased by 10 months since the filing of my application and now stands at 26 months even though many new applicants from 2011 are receiving their visas earlier than that.

For me and my wife this delay is most distressing, especially since according to the time line when I began these proceedings, my application should have been completed by now and that my wife should have received her visa. I now understand that Canada has one of the slowest processes for spousal sponsorships from Pakistan.

I appreciate that there are administrative issues that cause such delays.
However, it is difficult to comprehend how students, entrepreneurs, skill workers and even visitors are able to receive visas in comparatively short times; on occasion in as little as two months. These applicants have to undergo various background checks not unlike sponsored spouses who have already submitted their medicals, police clearance certificates, marriage certificates, etc. So why are sponsored spouses put through the long and torturous process that they now face?

Many foreign spouses are being supported by their Canadian spouses which result in significant outflows of domestic capital. That would not be the case if those foreign spouses were in Canada either being supported domestically or in our labour force. In my case, my spouse would be in the work force helping me in my business.

It seems that there is a two tier immigration system in place; one tier for foreign spouses and one for all other categories. Perhaps it is simply a matter of administrative resource allocation. In any event, keeping spouses apart for so long is unfair and not in keeping with Canada's humanitarian traditions. American or British nationals in similar situations appear to have significantly less waiting periods. The spousal sponsorship situation is such that there are now websites where applicants can air their grievances (for example: www.canadavisa.com). It is disturbing that it has come to that. This website indicates that some 2011 applicants have been accepted while many 2010 applicants are still waiting to be interviewed - such as my wife.

Although, I am not inquiring for the first time, I again implore you to examine my wife's file with a view of expediting the matter. That my wife has been in line to be interviewed since Dec., 2011, is causing me considerable grief and aggravation. I consider myself to be a hard working, tax paying Canadian who does not deserve to be put through such an elongated immigration process.

I thank you in advance for your consideration.

Yours truly,

Iftikhar Ahmad.
289-218-9768

c.c. The Honourable Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1
e-Mail Minister @ cic.gc.ca.

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
impulsive said:
May Allah help you since its taking way too long and I think its about time you write a letter to Minister of immigration and send a copy to chc Islamabad and a copy to your M.P as I have done that in the past.
Here is the sample of that letter but please make sure to make all the appropriate changes including the name of Minister of immigration.

June 15th, 2012

Iftikhar Ahmad,
505 Menton Court,
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada,
L5R 2Z6

The High Commission of Canada
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad, Pakistan

ATT: Visa Office

RE: File # F000001899
Uzma Iftikhar Ahmad

Dear Sirs;

As per the above captioned file, I commenced a spousal sponsorship of my wife Uzma Iftikhar Ahmad in September, 2010 when the stated time line for an Immigrant Visa was 16 months.

By caips/gcms, I have learned that my wife is in an "interview queue" and that according to the record posted through public forum (CHC,Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009-2010), this interview will not take place for at least one year; and, this process is not according to FIFO as applications are submitted. In fact a number of 2011 applicants have received their visas.

I am quite aware that the time line was increased by 10 months since the filing of my application and now stands at 26 months even though many new applicants from 2011 are receiving their visas earlier than that.

For me and my wife this delay is most distressing, especially since according to the time line when I began these proceedings, my application should have been completed by now and that my wife should have received her visa. I now understand that Canada has one of the slowest processes for spousal sponsorships from Pakistan.

I appreciate that there are administrative issues that cause such delays.
However, it is difficult to comprehend how students, entrepreneurs, skill workers and even visitors are able to receive visas in comparatively short times; on occasion in as little as two months. These applicants have to undergo various background checks not unlike sponsored spouses who have already submitted their medicals, police clearance certificates, marriage certificates, etc. So why are sponsored spouses put through the long and torturous process that they now face?

Many foreign spouses are being supported by their Canadian spouses which result in significant outflows of domestic capital. That would not be the case if those foreign spouses were in Canada either being supported domestically or in our labour force. In my case, my spouse would be in the work force helping me in my business.

It seems that there is a two tier immigration system in place; one tier for foreign spouses and one for all other categories. Perhaps it is simply a matter of administrative resource allocation. In any event, keeping spouses apart for so long is unfair and not in keeping with Canada's humanitarian traditions. American or British nationals in similar situations appear to have significantly less waiting periods. The spousal sponsorship situation is such that there are now websites where applicants can air their grievances (for example: www.canadavisa.com). It is disturbing that it has come to that. This website indicates that some 2011 applicants have been accepted while many 2010 applicants are still waiting to be interviewed - such as my wife.

Although, I am not inquiring for the first time, I again implore you to examine my wife's file with a view of expediting the matter. That my wife has been in line to be interviewed since Dec., 2011, is causing me considerable grief and aggravation. I consider myself to be a hard working, tax paying Canadian who does not deserve to be put through such an elongated immigration process.

I thank you in advance for your consideration.

Yours truly,

Iftikhar Ahmad.
289-218-9768

c.c. The Honourable Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1
e-Mail Minister @ cic.gc.ca.
Hi Impulsive,
Did sending that letter make any difference with your file? I mean did you get an answer back from Jason Kenney at all and was it fruitful and what did it say if you don't mind me asking.

I'm thinking of sending the CIC MP (Chris Alexander now) a letter that I wrote up yesterday because my case was submitted on November 2011 and I haven't heard back anything after AOR. No remeds or repcc or notes in my GCMS...and at that time timeline was also 26 months. As I'm expecting, also want my husband here with me. Do you think it's worth it to send a letter/email to him since it's past 26 months but still within 32?

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
Wyz said:
Hi Impulsive,
Did sending that letter make any difference with your file? I mean did you get an answer back from Jason Kenney at all and was it fruitful and what did it say if you don't mind me asking.

I'm thinking of sending the CIC MP (Chris Alexander now) a letter that I wrote up yesterday because my case was submitted on November 2011 and I haven't heard back anything after AOR. No remeds or repcc or notes in my GCMS...and at that time timeline was also 26 months. As I'm expecting, also want my husband here with me. Do you think it's worth it to send a letter/email to him since it's past 26 months but still within 32?
Yes it did work, You should be getting a response as a matter of fact my wife received the visa even though I had some of my kameenay relatives writing everything against me and my wife.
they were trying to prove that my marriage was fake. These kinds of jealous relatives had nerves to tell my other relatives that my wife will never be able to get to Canada.
So There were letters from my Bhabhi and there were letters from someone I had nikkah in Pakistan and later withdraw my application.
My Bhabhi, and this lady got together and found some other people to help make fake email on my name and address and one time I received the email which they were supposed to send it to chc but they sent it to me. That is how I found out the plan.
There have been pictures which have been altered by photoshop program sent to chc to show that this a fake marriage.
People do crazy things as being jealous and can't see other happy. May Allah keep us away from those kinds of people.
When my went for the interview the lady who interview her asked all sorts of questions regarding the other nikkah lady that where she lives and why there had been problem and many questions regarding my relatives and the previous marriage. not only that she also said that we have many proofs that this marriage is fake. You only want immigration for Canada. You are not going to live with your husband etc. She also was giving bad looks to my wife and showing that we know everything and tell us how much did you pay for this.
Thank God its all over and my wife and I are living together since Last April 2013.
We went to Hajj in October and now planning to go to Pakistan soon Inshallah.

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
Wyz said:
Hi Impulsive,

By the way when you send any letter send it by mail and don't just email them. I Wish you lots of luck. it is needed besides the dua (supplication).

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
impulsive said:
By the way when you send any letter send it by mail and don't just email them. I Wish you lots of luck. it is needed besides the dua (supplication).
Wow!! Sounds like your wife had a rough time back in Pakistan, but am happy you guys got through that. For sure lots of duas are needed, and those are constant but thanks for the reply, I will definitely be sending Mr. Alexander a letter now, hopefully he does for me as Mr. Kenney did for you.

Thanks again!

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
Hasan-Murad said:
Assalam-o-Alikum
My Timeline is:
and now
Thanks
After the Passport Request Start packing. Very Soon Welcome to Canada.