+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

B

bestplace4u

It's COMING

News Release – Conditional permanent residence proposed to deter marriages of convenience

Ottawa, March 9, 2012 — Today, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney announced measures to further strengthen the Government of Canada’s ability to crack down on marriage fraud.

Under the new proposal, now open for further public input, a spouse or partner from abroad being sponsored by a Canadian or permanent resident would be required to live together with their sponsor in a legitimate relationship for two years following receipt of their permanent resident status in Canada. If these steps are not pursued, the sponsored spouse or partner’s status could be revoked, possibly leading to their removal and in some instances, criminal charges could also be laid. For all legitimate relationships, the condition would cease to apply once the conditional period has elapsed.

The proposed conditional measure would help deter people from engaging in a relationship, such as a marriage or a common law partnership, for the purpose of acquiring status or privilege under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. This measure would apply to all spouses in relationships of two years or less who have no children with their sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application.

"“Our objective is to weed out people trying to use a phony marriage as a quick and easy route to Canada,”" said Minister Kenney. "“In town hall meetings I held in 2010 with victims of marriage fraud, I heard first-hand from victims who were still suffering the consequences years later. They implored me to do something to stop this from happening to others.”"

This follows on the heels of a separate measure last week. Effective March 2, sponsored spouses or partners are ineligible to sponsor a new spouse or partner for five years from the day that they are granted permanent residence status in Canada.

"“The problem of marriage fraud is serious and will only get worse if we don’t put measures in place that protect the integrity of our immigration system while deterring people from trying to use a marriage of convenience to cheat their way into Canada,”" added Minister Kenney.

Other countries, such as Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom, use a form of conditional status as a deterrent against marriage fraud and the lack of a similar measure increases Canada’s vulnerability to this type of unlawful activity.

The proposed regulations, which were prepublished today on the Canada Gazette website, will appear in the March 10 edition of the Canada Gazette (Part I) and are open for further public input for a 30-day comment period, ending April 9, 2012.

A Notice of Intent proposing the development of this conditional measure was published in the Canada Gazette on March 26, 2011. A number of respondents expressed concern that a conditional measure could increase the vulnerability of sponsored spouses and partners who are in abusive relationships.

Given these concerns, the proposed condition would cease to apply in instances where there is evidence of abuse or neglect, or of a failure to protect from abuse or neglect by a person related to the sponsor, whether that person is residing in the household or not, during the conditional period. Working with stakeholders and other interested parties, Citizenship and Immigration Canada is also developing guidelines to assist spouses and partners who could be victims of abuse or neglect in such situations.

For additional information on the proposed conditional permanent residence measure or to provide comments, please visit the Canada Gazette.

B

bestplace4u

It is open for consultation for 30 days after 30 days it could be implemented anytime.

mainbucha

Aug 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2012
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
They gonna implement it for sure bro.
Knowing conservatives and especially F**** Kenny

bestplace4u said:
It is open for consultation for 30 days after 30 days it could be implemented anytime.

masom_2012

Nov 28, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
april2011
Med's Request
28march2012+Repcc
stuckhere said:
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!!!!
Status updated to Decision Made!
Thank U GOD!!!!
any idea when i can expect my passport back?
congratz stuck insha allah next week ur passport with visa in ur hands

masom_2012

Nov 28, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
april2011
Med's Request
28march2012+Repcc
MAB said:
It feels like everyone from 2010 are done with their Re-medical and i am still waiting for my lost letter.
I don't know when are they going to re-post my letter
how can they lie so much....
u bhi sabar kro me ko lagrha k unho ne abhi apko letter bheja nhi hai jab bheje gae tu diffnatly they call u wo jhot nhi bole gae unko kia mila apse jhot bol k sb ko wo request bhejte hai apko bhi insha allah bheje gae u k address ka he koi pblm hai u ne unse pocha nhi k u ko kyu nhi mil parha letter ?

mainbucha

Aug 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2012
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
Don't worry that is for second marriage and for already sponsored person. Please read it properly on CIC website and you will know it exactly

immii said:
hiii every1
today in geo newz report they told that Canadian immigration decided that no 1 can sponsored his/her spouse for 5 yearz after marriage because of fraud cases. i don't know what will happen to our cases .for newcomerz ab shadiii souch sumaj kr kerna bahiii logggg

Doncarlos

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August '2010
AOR Received.
September 2010
Med's Request
Re-med 11 December 2011
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2012 (Decision made 9th Feb 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
20th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Ahamdolillah, 10th March 2013
MAB said:
Caller Id only showed half number, i guess due to security reason their half number was visible to me, like the number from which he called was 0512086. I cannot call this number.

I called the other number (the one on the website) but they said they do not provide information regarding immigration/applicant file on phone. The only way to contact immigration dept is through Email or FAX.

I have tried everything but.... :(
FAX KARO, IT WORKS. EMAILS ARE LESS RESPONSIVE IN MY EXPERIENCE.

Doncarlos

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August '2010
AOR Received.
September 2010
Med's Request
Re-med 11 December 2011
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
stuckhere said:
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!!!!
Status updated to Decision Made!
Thank U GOD!!!!
any idea when i can expect my passport back?
HAPPY FOR U... YOU ARE A HUSBAND OR A WIFE? IF U CAN SHARE YOR TIMELINE..PLZ? VISA IS ON D WAY :D MASHALLAH

Doncarlos

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August '2010
AOR Received.
September 2010
Med's Request
Re-med 11 December 2011
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
s_design said:
Question for all the people in interview queue. How did you guys find out that your file is sent for interview? Did you find out by emailing them or through your CAIPs notes?

I requested CAIPs notes three weeks ago for the first time, so should I wait for them or should I email them to check if my wife's file is in interview queue? What you guys think.

I am thinking if the file is in interview queue, I want her to apply for visit visa and stay with me for time she has to wait for the interview. Any thoughts on this idea??
IS TIME TRV APPLY KARNE KI GHALTI NA KARO, WHEN YOUR FILE IS IN LAST STAGES AS GUESSED BY YOUR TIMELINE, AOR DATE AND REMED DONE ...ISNT IT????? EK TO TRV K BOHOT MINIMAL CHANCES HOTAY HAIN ( WE ALSO APPLIED-REJECTED) AND SECONDLY AND IMPORTANTLY DONT COMPEL THEM TO MOVE YOUR FILE IN REVERSE........HOPE U UNDERSTAND...JUST LOOK FORWARD

Doncarlos

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August '2010
AOR Received.
September 2010
Med's Request
Re-med 11 December 2011
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
mrahmani said:
does anyone know after sending them the imm forms re-med, how long does it take to send ppr request?
ALMOST 45 WORKING DAYS, IN MY CASE. IF SIMPLE AND STRAIGHT CASE.. U CAN ALSO HOPE GOOD :D

Doncarlos

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August '2010
AOR Received.
September 2010
Med's Request
Re-med 11 December 2011
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Shanzay said:
I have one more question. If we put something wrong and validate it, would it give chance to correct it and re validate it.

Pls advice thanks in advance
YES MANY TIMES ;) U CAN CORRECT IT. U ARE WELCOME.

masom_2012

Nov 28, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
april2011
Med's Request
28march2012+Repcc
immii said:
hiii every1
today in geo newz report they told that Canadian immigration decided that no 1 can sponsored his/her spouse for 5 yearz after marriage because of fraud cases. i don't know what will happen to our cases .for newcomerz ab shadiii souch sumaj kr kerna bahiii logggg
ap zara gor se read ya sunte jo bhi newz mai batya gya hai yaha pe a k r pareshan ya bat ko wrong way mai mat btae waisae itni tension hai upar se ye a k r dmag kharab karhe unka matlb hai k jo bhi spouse aye ga ya aye ge wo 5 yearz tak kisi ko sponsr nhi kar sakta ya sakti ok

stuckhere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
ALLHUMDULLILAH!
recieved passport today at 12 noon. WASNT EXPECTing this at all!.
THANK you everyone for ur duas and support!
Esp WES bahi, Danny Bhai, Humpakwatan!!! U guys are wonderful people always helpful to everyone!

s_design

Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-JANUARY-2016
AOR Received.
24-FEBRUARY-2016
File Transfer...
03-MARCH-2016
Med's Done....
10-OCTOBER-2015
Passport Req..
24-NOVEMBER-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-DECEMBER-2016
Doncarlos said:
IS TIME TRV APPLY KARNE KI GHALTI NA KARO, WHEN YOUR FILE IS IN LAST STAGES AS GUESSED BY YOUR TIMELINE, AOR DATE AND REMED DONE ...ISNT IT????? EK TO TRV K BOHOT MINIMAL CHANCES HOTAY HAIN ( WE ALSO APPLIED-REJECTED) AND SECONDLY AND IMPORTANTLY DONT COMPEL THEM TO MOVE YOUR FILE IN REVERSE........HOPE U UNDERSTAND...JUST LOOK FORWARD
There are few reasons that we wanna apply for TRV, first the sponsorship is on Nikah, thats why they sent us the objection letter so if my wife comes and lives with me they will not have that objection. And second if they put us in interview queue, we rather spend the extra year together... Plus as you said its only a small chance that they issue it. We might as well try.

stuckhere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
MY TIMELINE is (wife case)

Application Filed: AUG 2010
File Transfered: Sept 2010
AOR received: Oct 2010
Daughter born MArch 2011
Daughter added to application as dependent: June 2011
Status disappeared last week of august 2011 and returned in sec week of sept 2011
Line added on Ecas in 2nd week of oct saying "we started processing your application oct 12 2011"
Received Medical plus PPR in NOV 2011( due to the canadian mailing address) was dated Oct 22 2011
Medical done and PP sent 23rd NOv 2011.
Address disappeared 3rd week of dec 2011 and returned on 5th jan 2012.
with line added to ecas saying " medical results received"
pp recieved with visa stamped march 10th 2012