Med's Request
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
Interview........
05.06.2013 passed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
inshAllahSoon
any one can tell me what is that caips and how to order to caips and what purpose we use caips depart ?????? need argent reply

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kachrakhana said:
Guys ,I am filing IMM5563 form to order CAIPS.Please help me out.

There are two Options in New IMM5563 form.Do I have to check both of them

1) Access to information act ( 5.00 $)
2)Privacy Act (Proof of citizanship or Permanent Residence in Canada )
You have to check just one. Access to information Act ($5)

merrakhawaab said:
any one can tell me what is that caips and how to order to caips and what purpose we use caips depart ?????? need argent reply
See the below post for instructions on how to order. Caips are the notes and activity made on your immigration file by the visa officer. You can use them to see if there is any activity going on with your file at present. If they sent you a request letter for perhapes medical or police cert but you did not recieve it. If they placed you in the interview queue then you can use this to see what the reason may be so you can prepare to provide further proof of relationship or if its security then just plan to visit your spouse in between this long wait.

humpakwatankaylog said:
It takes 30 days. You fill them out like the CAIPS/GCMS forms. But the difference is you check mark them to be delivered via EMAIL. You got to scan all the forms and send them to the email address ATIP-AIPRP @ cic.gc.ca.

Also note that if your CAIPS/GCMS file is more than 25 pages long then they will send it to you via MAIL regardless of your preference to receive it in email as it is too large for them to scan and email):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/completed.asp

Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual Form (IMM 5475)
Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563)
Credit Card Payment Form (IMM 5667)

For instructions on how to fill the GCMS/CAIPS request forms see below instructions:

1. Have your sponsored spouse fill out this form, IMM5475 Step by step instructions follow below:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your sponsored spouse fill out all of his particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. Islamabad, etc.)

Then fill out your (sponsor's) personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your sponsored spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom

2. You must now fill out this form: IMM5563 Step by step instructions follow below:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number). This is to be filled by the officer processing your request.

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)." You must pay $ 5 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French.

Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records."

Fill out your spouse's information under the "Client Information" box
Under the next heading, "Request for- Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "Canadian High Commission (ISLAMABAD)" under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box. DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially not the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you. It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your case is processed)
In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.
Sign and date.

3. Make out a credit card payment payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $ 5 on IMM 5667.

mainbucha

Aug 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2012
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
CHC-I is closed today, so probably no news from them for next 2 days

mahi nori

Oct 15, 2011
i have applied for caips through my husband..
i filled the forms n he posted thm wd 5 $ pay order
is that ok???
n hw mch time does it take n will he receive them through mail or email...

Amahmoo

Mar 23, 2011
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
Doc's Request.
03-10-2010
AOR Received.
03-10-2010
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
17-10-2011
Passport Req..
24-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH SOON!
Wife_Need_Husband Badly said:
today forum so quite, lagta hay everyone disappointed by CIC and so Mayus hahahahahah :p :p :p
Bohat hey khamoshii haii aaj, achii khaber kab aaye gheeeyyyy!!!

masom_2012

Nov 28, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
april2011
Med's Request
28march2012+Repcc
tymline tou us waqt se count hogi na jab apki file isbd ajye tou kaise 26months hua mera tou 22 months bana tym aur akhr kaun se din ap log ja k bat kare gae mai tou 1week se sun rahi hn---sab waitng mai hain tou akhr CHC wale dekh kiski file rahe hain???????????? ::)mai tou depress hogae hun bht waqi ALLAH reham kare hm sb par-------

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humpakwatankaylog said:
You have to check just one. Access to information Act ($5)

See the below post for instructions on how to order. Caips are the notes and activity made on your immigration file by the visa officer. You can use them to see if there is any activity going on with your file at present. If they sent you a request letter for perhapes medical or police cert but you did not recieve it. If they placed you in the interview queue then you can use this to see what the reason may be so you can prepare to provide further proof of relationship or if its security then just plan to visit your spouse in between this long wait.
Did Caips file helped any one in their case ..... i just know that u request for it wen they call u for interview or something ............... would it be good to put a request for Caips file ............. and is there a service that might be lil bit faster not like this stupid immigration department ..........

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahi nori said:
is that ok???
it takes a month to receive it.........if you requested the hard copy then you'll receive it through regular mail off course

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samina Darr said:
can ayone help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
what kinda help????.........btw your name is samina daar (a kashmiri or butt type caste or something)........or it's samina darr (darr - fear) ;D ;D.......or you wana say samina se darr :D

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samina Darr said:
yes afraid to me , i am very danger cuz i am DARR hehehehe
so you applied in july 2010 for your husband........please give more detail as if it was a complete wedding or nikah only case???.......travel history of husband????

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahi nori said:
is that ok???
EMAIL: 30 days
REGULAR MAIL: 30 days + Mailing Time(2-3 weeks)

If your husband did not select the option to receive via EMAIL and provided an email address then he will receive it in regular mail.

qamalik729 said:
Did Caips file helped any one in their case ..... i just know that u request for it wen they call u for interview or something ............... would it be good to put a request for Caips file ............. and is there a service that might be lil bit faster not like this stupid immigration department ..........
Caips file is basically just notes of any work done on your file. It doesn't affect your file negatively or positively. It helps if someone hasn't heard from CHC for an unusually long time and is wondering what is happening then they order notes and see what stage your application is at. If the initial review is done or not? If its done was the comments of VO positive or negative about your relationship being genuine. Did they issue re-medical letter or not? Did they issue RE-PCC or not?

You will see all of these notes in the file. The file it self doesn't help anyone's case. It is just notes for you to know what is going on in CHC Visa Officers head and on your file which is A LOT considering we ask the same question everyday ...what is happening with my file? Why not just order caips notes every other month (after waiting for the first 12-13 months) and see for yourself?