Med's Done....
10-08-2011
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2011
LANDED..........
03-10-2011
It takes what, 4-6 weeks for the PR card to get to your Canadian Residence?? or longer??

wes786 said:
Whichever address you provided in the application there was a question on the application "where you intend to live?" It is also shown on the landing paper you have received with the VISA and they also confirm it at the airport during immigration...

zs101

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Whichever address you provided in the application there was a question on the application "where you intend to live?" It is also shown on the landing paper you have received with the VISA and they also confirm it at the airport during immigration...
I think I gave my in-laws address. However, we have bought a condo and my wife and I intend to live there. So what do you recommend, should I tell the immigration officer about that address too?

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
zeeeee said:
Haylo..
I only intend to take half of my jewellery the first time, as I'll be going alone. The big sets and all I've left behind and will take them Inshallah in the next year or so when I've my husband traveling with me. Other than that, obviously I plan to declare all that I'll be bringing into Canada, even the stuff I don't have the first time. I've been recommended to take pictures of my jewellery sets which will stay in Pak and come at a later date. That way, I've proof and I've also gotten it apprised monetarily because I don't have jewellery receipts for wedding gifts/ salami etc etc.

Haan same here, I was thinking the rest of the stuff I'll bring when I travel with my husband. Sahi so I'll get all of it appraised and take pictures too. So then that jewellery would be in 'stuff to follow' right? So they let us bring it in the 2nd round without any duty etc? I wont be bringing any of the salami cash, just leaving it in Pakistan so we can use it when we come for vacations...I want to declare whatever Im bringing too, dont want them to have any doubts by any stupidity or loopholes created by me:p

Also, Im dying to bring a carpet and a good calligraphic painting- but it will 'follow' later on once we move into our new place. So I guess uski bhi I just write the price? As I intend getting all the extra stuff cargoed to me alter on. Pictures wont be needed right?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
zs101 said:
I think I gave my in-laws address. However, we have bought a condo and my wife and I intend to live there. So what do you recommend, should I tell the immigration officer about that address too?
Yep you can give them your updated address at the airport and they will send it on the new address you provided. That's why they ask for the updated address when landing...

rockriz144

Sep 15, 2011
hello
i am from Pakistan
my visa office is Islamabad
our case is family class(parents/grandparents)
the time line 36 month given to us from cic is over
we have submitted all docs
we done with our medicals 5 months ago
now today i receive this mail from cic Islamabad
"Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review by an immigration officer. Background checks are over for this application"
does it mean that our case is finalize and now we will requested to submit passports???
please comment...

amnafahad4life

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd Oct 2009 CIC
Doc's Request.
4th Nov 2010
AOR Received.
21st Dec 2009
IELTS Request
IMM FORMS and Updated PCC.. 22nd Oct 2011
Med's Request
21st Feb 2011 (re-med)
Med's Done....
3rd March 2011
Passport Req..
13th Feburary 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th Feburary 2012
LANDED..........
19th Feburary 2012
rockriz144 said:
hello
i am from Pakistan
my visa office is Islamabad
our case is family class(parents/grandparents)
the time line 36 month given to us from cic is over
we have submitted all docs
we done with our medicals 5 months ago
now today i receive this mail from cic Islamabad
"Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review by an immigration officer. Background checks are over for this application"
does it mean that our case is finalize and now we will requested to submit passports???
please comment...
yes it looks like ur case is on final stage... the last step before they request for the passport is background check which is over for ... n now shortly they will ask ur passport..Insallah

amnafahad4life

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd Oct 2009 CIC
Doc's Request.
4th Nov 2010
AOR Received.
21st Dec 2009
IELTS Request
IMM FORMS and Updated PCC.. 22nd Oct 2011
Med's Request
21st Feb 2011 (re-med)
Med's Done....
3rd March 2011
Passport Req..
13th Feburary 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th Feburary 2012
LANDED..........
19th Feburary 2012
its a weekend guy so no mails no letter.... :-[ makes me sad when weekend comes they they r not working on our applications on weekend instead they r chillin like a villian at home... :-\

rockriz144

Sep 15, 2011
amnafahad4life said:
yes it looks like ur case is on final stage... the last step before they request for the passport is background check which is over for ... n now shortly they will ask ur passport..Insallah
thanx INSHALLAH
i also hope so...
havnt u received any letter since ur medical? or any update regarding ur case?

zeeeee

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
File Transfer...
02-09-2010
Med's Request
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
10-08-2011
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2011
LANDED..........
03-10-2011
hmm.. thankss!!

wes786 said:
Current timeline is 48 business days...so about 2.5months

B

bestplace4u

amnafahad4life said:
its a weekend guy so no mails no letter.... :-[ makes me sad when weekend comes they they r not working on our applications on weekend instead they r chillin like a villian at home... :-\
It makes me sad everyday :(

B

bestplace4u

Girls Status on Facebook: I aM sAD :(

Comments:

1: Haaaaawwwww kiya huwa!!!
2: Hey Everything Ok Should i call :eek:??
3: Hey, don't be sad, Tell me what happened:/?
4: Everything will goona ok, just chill baby, :*
5: Whazz up Sweety?> :p
6: Main Hoon na B-)

&

Boys Status on Facebook: I am SAd :(:(

Comments:

1: Rota hi rahiyo zindagi bhar salay :p
2: Kia Huwa Hramkhor? :D
3: Dukhi Aatma hai sala :)
4: Zindagi Berbaad teri to. :v
5: Paidaishi Preshani :p
6: Majnu!! Bechi Chor gai kia? ;)

zeeeee

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
File Transfer...
02-09-2010
Med's Request
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
10-08-2011
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2011
LANDED..........
03-10-2011
hmm.. by salami I meant the jewellery given to me!:p I didn't get all cash!!:p
Anyway, declaration stuff is new for me too so am trying to cover all bases. Our case is diff in this respect that I'm taking my ENTIRE household goods in a container; from jewellery to furniture to carpets to calligraphic art blah blah blah. You name it and we're taking it!:p so main woh sab tu CADN dollar prices main declare karon gi. I don't think you'll be needing pics of EVERYTHING you bring in at a later date. Didn't want to take any risks with the jewellery hence we got the pics for those. Rest, you can just write down with approximate value.

When do you intend to travel to CAN?

ayesha_a said:
Haan same here, I was thinking the rest of the stuff I'll bring when I travel with my husband. Sahi so I'll get all of it appraised and take pictures too. So then that jewellery would be in 'stuff to follow' right? So they let us bring it in the 2nd round without any duty etc? I wont be bringing any of the salami cash, just leaving it in Pakistan so we can use it when we come for vacations...I want to declare whatever Im bringing too, dont want them to have any doubts by any stupidity or loopholes created by me:p

Also, Im dying to bring a carpet and a good calligraphic painting- but it will 'follow' later on once we move into our new place. So I guess uski bhi I just write the price? As I intend getting all the extra stuff cargoed to me alter on. Pictures wont be needed right?