+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Ali_427 said:
July 2010, I think they just send out bunch of PPRs this week, where does your wife live ?

Depending on her location there might be one on its way to your wife right now!

Ali
She is in Karachi, my cousin in Karachi got his PPR yesterday(Friday), and they both live within a block so I don't think her's is in this batch again :(

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
wes786 said:
If you can't find anyone, then just try to fill the easy parts and post your questions here we will all help you out wirelessly!
thanks wes786 & anzee. My case is: my wife is canadian by descent, we both live in karachi.

ok so right off the bat I'm going start asking stupid questions.

1. The checklist says 'Proof of medical examination'. Is the 'proof' different from the actual medical documents. What is the process of getting the medical done? I believe I'll have to take an appointment, does that take long? Also I don't think I can give a blood test while fasting.
2. for pakistani's, are all documents sent supposed to be originals? nikah-nama, birth-certificate, education, passport, cnic?? Am I supposed to send my wife's original documents too? what about old passports?
3. I'm looking at "A-8_IMM5491E Document Checklist" & "B-7_3907e Country Specific Instructions". Those two checklists are complete right? There is no other surprise document?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Ali_427 said:
July 2010, I think they just send out bunch of PPRs this week, where does your wife live ?

Depending on her location there might be one on its way to your wife right now!

Ali
When did she receive and did her remedical?

ainy inam

Sep 13, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ali_427 said:
My Wife got her PPR Today......Ramadan Prayers paid off :D :D :D

I pray that everyone else waiting well get this good news soon, by the grace of Allah real soon!

July 2010 AOR

Ali
congratulations a lot :)

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
There is no such thing as a stupid question so feel free to ask whatever you have in mind and we will try to help you out with whatever we all know.

1) There is a medical form included in the package, fill it up and take that to your nearest DMP (Designated Medical Pratitionner) to get an appointment. Wating time varies anywhere from 1 - 4 weeks depending on the hospital you chose and the waiting time there. Once done with medical the doctor will give you a certificate to send it along with your application which is your proof of medicals. Click below for DMPs near you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1999&CountryName=Pakistan

2) Send attested copies of Passport and NIC, don't send originals or else you will need to get them back if you need it for anything personal. Make sure they are translated in english, certified and attested. Don't worry about old passport or copies for the old ones unless they request for it. Nikah Nama and Birth Certificate need to be originals, same thing send the cerified/attested translations in english if they are not in english already.

3) The checklists are good, however there is one additional form you will be required to fill which is called supplementary information form and its only for Pakistani Nationals click below for that form:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/assets/pdfs/PakistaniNationals-Form-en.pd f (Combine the pdf together at the end, its not letting me post the proper link)

I hope the information provided is of some help, please remember me, my wife and everyone else in prayers, her process is going on since January 2010..

syedgj said:
thanks wes786 & anzee. My case is: my wife is canadian by descent, we both live in karachi.

ok so right off the bat I'm going start asking stupid questions.

1. The checklist says 'Proof of medical examination'. Is the 'proof' different from the actual medical documents. What is the process of getting the medical done? I believe I'll have to take an appointment, does that take long? Also I don't think I can give a blood test while fasting.
2. for pakistani's, are all documents sent supposed to be originals? nikah-nama, birth-certificate, education, passport, cnic?? Am I supposed to send my wife's original documents too? what about old passports?
3. I'm looking at "A-8_IMM5491E Document Checklist" & "B-7_3907e Country Specific Instructions". Those two checklists are complete right? There is no other surprise document?

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Ali_427 said:
My Wife got her PPR Today......Ramadan Prayers paid off :D :D :D

I pray that everyone else waiting well get this good news soon, by the grace of Allah real soon!

July 2010 AOR

Ali
MashAllah .. Congratulations man :)

If I remember correctly, your wife got a letter stating that your marriage was not genuine and you sent a bunch of proof .. right ?

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
Tor-wi said:
awww thanks sister :-* we will sing after Ramadan..inshAllah with our PPRs hehe

Hahaha inshAllah! :)

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salaam to All. How is every one. Congratulations to those who received PPR or good update news towards completing the case.

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
Congratulations Ali! Please share your timeline with us :)

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
wes786 said:
2) Send attested copies of Passport and NIC, don't send originals or else you will need to get them back if you need it for anything personal. Make sure they are translated in english, certified and attested. Don't worry about old passport or copies for the old ones unless they request for it. Nikah Nama and Birth Certificate need to be originals and same thing send the cerified/attested translations in english if they are not in english already.
So do I have to send in my wife's original birth certificate too??

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
wes786 said:
I hope the information provided is of some help, please remember me and my wife in prayers, her process is going on since January 2010..
Thanks, this is great help. I hope your case gets sorted out soon, Inshallah.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
syedgj said:
So do I have to send in my wife's original birth certificate too??
Nope just the applicant's ... you can send a photocopy of sponsors birth certificate if its asked for. I cant really remember if they ask for sponsor's birth certificate...

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
wes786 said:
Nope just the applicant's ... you can send a photocopy of sponsors birth certificate if its asked for. I cant really remember if they ask for sponsor's birth certificate...
Thats right. They don't ask for sponsor's birth certificate, although they ask for a copy of sponsor's citizenship certificate.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Danny4450 said:
Thats right. They don't ask for sponsor's birth certificate, although they ask for a copy of sponsor's citizenship certificate.
Thats right! I remember sending copies of citizenship certificate and my passport...