10-08-2011
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2011
LANDED..........
03-10-2011
wes786 said:
Yep you can change your passport now and get your husband's name and that's another thing we did to make the process faster but apparently there was no point. You will have to get one with your husband's name on there so this is a good chance for you.
hmmm.. thankss!!!
Guess I should apply for one before Ramadan.

mahamq245

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 15 2011
Doc's Request.
Voluntarily Sent: Jan. 21, 2012
AOR Received.
March 15 2011
File Transfer...
March 25 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20 2012
Med's Done....
+PP Sent- March 5 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2012 received on: May 2, 2012
LANDED..........
Inn Shaa Allah SOON!
what am i supposed to write to CIC about the address change?? am i supposed to send it hand written or typed with my signature? Should i just write this is to inform that my current mailing address is bla bla bla....since i reside with my parents as i have noone from my in laws and husband ? am i supposed to attached anything else with this letter?

anzee

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
Mar 2012
AOR Received.
Mar 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
Aug 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2012
LANDED..........
???????????
i think u can change online to on cic website.

i did mine.

mahamq245 said:
what am i supposed to write to CIC about the address change?? am i supposed to send it hand written or typed with my signature? Should i just write this is to inform that my current mailing address is bla bla bla....since i reside with my parents as i have noone from my in laws and husband ? am i supposed to attached anything else with this letter?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mahamq245 said:
It can be typed, but has to have your signature. You don't have to give reasons to why you are changing your address, keep it short, simple, to the point.

To,
XXX XXX XXX
XXX XXX XXX

Subject: Change of Address
File#: Bxxxxxxxxx

Dear Immigration Officer,

This letter is to advise you that my mailing address has been changed and would like to receive future correspondence at the address below:

My new Mailing Addresss is:

XXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX

Notes:

File#:
Full Name:
DOB:
Old mailing Adress:

Thank you,

Signature

kachrakhana

Dec 21, 2010
Saint John
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks ,

I have received following reply from CHC-I

"Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review by an immigration officer."

What does it mean? Can I expect something soon ?

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
humpakwatan said:
Congratz for PPR armg**

A question for you all... If you have filed tax and declared your status married ..what did you have to provide in terms of the proof of world income and also SIN number? I got a letter from Govt. asking for his SIN card number and income information when he doesnt even live in canada.
I got the same letter from Revenue Canada a month ago. I sent them a copy of my Nikkah Nama, a copy of sponsorship approval letter that I received from Mississauga and a cover letter. In the cover letter I mentioned that I got married in Pakistan on ------ see Attached copy of Marriage certificate (If yours is in urdu, attach a certified translation), I am in the process of sponsoring my wife (i.e. See attached sponsorship approval letter) and I wrote the amount of my wife's income in Canadian dollars(i wrote NIL as my wife is a student).

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
kachrakhana said:
Folks ,

I have received following reply from CHC-I

"Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review by an immigration officer."

What does it mean? Can I expect something soon ?
It means that they have opened your file for initial review and background checks. Did you get any supp forms & Re-pcc request yet ? If not then you will probably get the request soon.

kachrakhana

Dec 21, 2010
Saint John
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your quick reply.I haven't received any PCC /Supp form request form yet but I hope I will get something soon.

Remember me in your paryer.

somuchinlove

Jan 22, 2011
fj423 said:
For Sunshine Girl..
salaam alaikum! Sorry I couldn't find a way to private message you. You are one of the few that I found who are sponsoring a spouse from afghanistan on this forum. Me and my husband had a few questions...if you don't mind answering because our cases will be similar in that both our husbands are from afghanistan. When your husband received news to re-submit forms/pcc/remeds - how did the embassy contact him? you are very aware that the mailing system in afghanistan is almost non-existant so my husband and i are worried about missing communication from the embassy because of the mailing system. did they call him? or email him?? or did he receive his requests through the mail?? Also, how long is his pcc valid for?? 1 year? Did he re-do it voluntarily and sent it in or did he wait til they asked him for it again?? Please help!! :)

For anyone else..
I found some instructions on how to find the call history on skype but i was wondering for those who have used skype as a method of communication to their spouse and have sent proof of communication/relationship to the embassy..how do we send the record from skype??

Thanks for all your help everyone!!!
Hello, I am sponsoring my husband from Afghanistan as well. Here are the answers to your question. Since there is no mailing system in Afghanistan, mailing address needs to be canadian address. You can ask your husband to write them a letter and you both sign it and fax or mail it to CHC Islamabad requesting the mailing address to be yours if you are in Canada. Life is much easier that way.

2nd question: I use comwave b/c it is 22 cents to Afghanistan and it has a billing system. Skype, every time you chat make a PDF of the history and keep it with you. You would need to show as much proof as you can. Don't use calling cards. You can use Rebtel.com or comwave..the best method to call Afghanistan.

Police certificate- they ask for it once it expires as normal processing time for Afghanistan is 23-24 months. PCC is only valid for one year. You can go to Afghan consulate in the city and ask for one and they will do everything from here and you husband can pick up a fax from ministry of foreign affair- consular section and proceed. It won't take more than 2 weeks for him to get it if does it through Afghanistan embassy Canada.

I hope I have answered your questions. Good luck to you my sister. I will pray that both or our husbands get here soon....

KAAMIA72

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/10
File Transfer...
3/10
Passport Req..
7/11
VISA ISSUED...
8/11
LANDED..........
12/11
zeeeee said:
I've another question.

I'm planning to apply for a new passport as my old one expires in around 7 months. Since our file has my maiden name on it, and so does my NIC (maiden name + husband's name instead of father's), should I go ahead and do the same for my passport? (ie: keep my original name with my husband's name being mentioned on my passport).

I'm pretty confused as CHC received my updated/ re-filled around 10 days back and I should be getting my Re-med soon Inshallah, plus I want to have my new passport issued before the re-med comes.

Advice, people??
It depends on your priority. Whatever name you would like to continue for the rest of your life from this point onwards, you should get that changed now. As you have used your maiden name + husband name instead of father, its better to use the same on passport rather getting your family name to your husband's name to ensure consistency. But as I said, depends on your priority, however, do change it the way you want it now, so all your canadian documentation could use same name structure. I changed all my NIC, passport etc etc before even filing for the application for the efficient processing but i doubt if it has done any good.:)

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
KAAMIA72 said:
It depends on your priority. Whatever name you would like to continue for the rest of your life from this point onwards, you should get that changed now. As you have used your maiden name + husband name instead of father, its better to use the same on passport rather getting your family name to your husband's name to ensure consistency. But as I said, depends on your priority, however, do change it the way you want it now, so all your canadian documentation could use same name structure. I changed all my NIC, passport etc etc before even filing for the application for the efficient processing but i doubt if it has done any good.:)
I did the same with my wifes PP and NIC thinking it would be one of the most strong proofs that our relationship is genuine but I don't know how much of that has helped in the process, we are in our 19th month of processing...

KAAMIA72

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/10
File Transfer...
3/10
Passport Req..
7/11
VISA ISSUED...
8/11
LANDED..........
12/11
Noone else other than umme and myself waiting for visa after PPR? I know there is a list of those waiting for PPR, want to make one for those waiting for visa...members, come on..

KAAMIA72

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/10
File Transfer...
3/10
Passport Req..
7/11
VISA ISSUED...
8/11
LANDED..........
12/11
This is a question for those who got their PPRs, what was the time frame in which you were supposed to submit the passport as per the request letter 15/30/45? Dante, Desi canadian, umme, muau, superman. Any one?

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
Congratulation bro & Happy Togetherness
Remember in your prayers
Armageddon said:
AOA Ppl,

Woh sab log jo mujhe bura samjhtay thay aur meri ingrezi ka mazak uraatay thay meray paas aik news hai. aaj mera ppr aa gaya aur mein ney sub kuch embassy aaj shaam bhijwaa diya.

All people who not like me they know only God helps. I pray hard for all one too much that you get ppr soon. so dont make fun of my ingrezi. I know I weak in english but my heart in clean.

Yes all thanks and see all what inside you before mujh par ungli uthay! Allah sab ko kamyaab kare, Ameen!!