+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC Islamabad - misspelling on wife's passport

can_bramp

Apr 3, 2012
Hey Guys,

I submitted my app to sponsor my wife from Pakistan and got the approval for sponsorship. However I noticed on the CHC website that they misspelled my wife's last name, so I called the call centre. Call centre guy told me that they will take whatever name is on the passport.

So I check her passport and both her and my last names are misspelled on it. My last name is Chatha, however on my wife's Pakistani passport they spelled my wife's last name as Chattha and my last name as Chattha as well (the extra 't').

Should I be concerned about it and ask my wife to get a new passport with corrections, or should I just wait for the Islamabad embassy?
On the nikahnama, the last names are spelled Chatha.

Note that the application has been sent to CHC Islamabad.

I will appreciate any suggestions/help in this regards.

Thanks...

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
can_bramp said:
Hey Guys,

I submitted my app to sponsor my wife from Pakistan and got the approval for sponsorship. However I noticed on the CHC website that they misspelled my wife's last name, so I called the call centre. Call centre guy told me that they will take whatever name is on the passport.

So I check her passport and both her and my last names are misspelled on it. My last name is Chatha, however on my wife's Pakistani passport they spelled my wife's last name as Chattha and my last name as Chattha as well (the extra 't').

Should I be concerned about it and ask my wife to get a new passport with corrections, or should I just wait for the Islamabad embassy?
On the nikahnama, the last names are spelled Chatha.

Note that the application has been sent to CHC Islamabad.

I will appreciate any suggestions/help in this regards.

Thanks...
I don't get your point. You mean to say that in forms you wrote different spelling than what is in your passport? what spelling you have in Canadian id's like passport etc. Your real spelling is what is mentioned in you ID documents and not what you fill in forms. to get correction in forms you may send a letter to ISB to inform them about the mistake. besides that when you filled the form you also wrote your name in urdu also and there is only one spelling of chatta in urdu, so the person is same. this is my opinion also ask some other people.