Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
I applied for fall 14 intake but my visa was delayed and i missed my semester so I shall be going for fall 15 intake as my program is available in fall 15 intake now.

iqan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Passport Req..
with file
VISA ISSUED...
7-04-2015
LANDED..........
IN SHA ALLAH on 27-04-2015
silent3y3s said:
I applied for fall 14 intake but my visa was delayed and i missed my semester so I shall be going for fall 15 intake as my program is available in fall 15 intake now.
now you got visa with what dates ? from when to expiry date ? or if you go with this visa it will be extended in canada ?

iqan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Passport Req..
with file
VISA ISSUED...
7-04-2015
LANDED..........
IN SHA ALLAH on 27-04-2015
now i dont know when i will be going just waiting everything to be get cleared :D

sam66

Jul 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah
LANDED..........
InshaAllah
Case submitted on 14 jan 15

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
iqan said:
now you got visa with what dates ? from when to expiry date ? or if you go with this visa it will be extended in canada ?
it was stamped on 9th december and it is valid till my passport expiry date i.e. next year. And i will have to renew my passport in canada and then i can get extension on study permit.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
silent3y3s said:
it was stamped on 9th december and it is valid till my passport expiry date i.e. next year. And i will have to renew my passport in canada and then i can get extension on study permit.
Silent I just wanted to add my two cents regarding your situation. Study permit and work permit would not be otain if applicant's visit visa or passport validity is less then six months. Again this is just my understanding based on the limited knowledge I own. Please check woth with seniors or contact CHC for better clarification. Since you are coming this fall

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
alijumani said:
Silent I just wanted to add my two cents regarding your situation. Study permit and work permit would not be otain if applicant's visit visa or passport validity is less then six months. Again this is just my understanding based on the limited knowledge I own. Please check woth with seniors or contact CHC for better clarification. Since you are coming this fall
For your information, my passport is going to expire next year and even if I go to this fall, there would still be more than 6months..

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
silent3y3s said:
For your information, my passport is going to expire next year and even if I go to this fall, there would still be more than 6months..
Oh alright I thought your passport is expiring this year.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
alijumani said:
Oh alright I thought your passport is expiring this year.
Ali since my intake now is in fall 15 so I was planning to join ELI program (English Language full time program, each level consisting of 2 months) in may intake so I wanna ask you if that would be okay to join that program and enter Canada, lets say in april? After the completion of this program, I would be able to continue my actual program of study in sept.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
silent3y3s said:
Ali since my intake now is in fall 15 so I was planning to join ELI program (English Language full time program, each level consisting of 2 months) in may intake so I wanna ask you if that would be okay to join that program and enter Canada, lets say in april? After the completion of this program, I would be able to continue my actual program of study in sept.
Yes, it is perfectfy ok and sure you can take admission in ESL. But, again do you really want to spend 4000 to 5000 dollars on this language course. You will gonna have to do some research here. Like if you spend let say 4000 dollars on this ESL course would you be awarded credit hours for your actual two english courses if yes then go for it.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
alijumani said:
Yes, it is perfectfy ok and sure you can take admission in ESL. But, again do you really want to spend 4000 to 5000 dollars on this language course. You will gonna have to do some research here. Like if you spend let say 4000 dollars on this ESL course would you be awarded credit hours for your actual two english courses if yes then go for it.
I would never want to spend so much amount on ESL program and I would talk to my adviser if i would get exemption from English courses or not. The 2nd thing i want to ask is lets suppose i join ESL in may session and since one level duration is 2 months so my 1 level would be finished till the end of June or till 1st week of July, Is it possible to complete 1 level only while skipping further ESL levels and work full time in Jul and Aug till my actual program starts?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
silent3y3s said:
I would never want to spend so much amount on ESL program and I would talk to my adviser if i would get exemption from English courses or not. The 2nd thing i want to ask is lets suppose i join ESL in may session and since one level duration is 2 months so my 1 level would be finished till the end of June or till 1st week of July, Is it possible to complete 1 level only while skipping further ESL levels and work full time in Jul and Aug till my actual program starts?
Since last year June any unscheduled break from studies are not allowed anymore. Most of the schools are not offer some courses in May (summer) so students are allow to take off semester. I wouldn't start ESL at first place if I do I better complete it. It is not worth at all to take any risk. But, still better discuss the same matter with your advisor.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
alijumani said:
Since last year June any unscheduled break from studies are not allowed anymore. Most of the schools are not offer some courses in May (summer) so students are allow to take off semester. I wouldn't start ESL at first place if I do I better complete it. It is not worth at all to take any risk. But, still better discuss the same matter with your advisor.
The thing is that although i am not required to take ESL classes but rather than waiting till september, i thought to join college as soon as possible for me so thats why i opted for ESL.