+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC ACCRA GUYS.......FINALLY......I GOT PPR!.............

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Hi All my Accra friends,

My family finally got our PPR via e-mail last week. It was so surprising and too good to be true.
I couldn't scream bcos I saw the e-mail during office hours but it was an ecstatic feeling.

We were given 60 days within which to send our passports by courier to CHC Accra for the visas and also to send updated family info using IMM8 as well as fresh passport photographs for all family members........however I need to wait a month before sending passports in because the letter states that visa will be valid for 6 months or 1 yr from time of medicals (whichever comes first)...since in our case 6 months will come first, I want to send PPs in December so that I can stretch visa validity till June when conditions will be more suitable for my kids in terms of weather conditions.....

My timelines are as follows:
Applied ........Apr 2002
1st Update request....Oct 2006
sent new baby info.....July 2007
2nd update request......May 2008
Medicals..................July 2008
Additional Medicals......Oct 2008
PPR..........................Nov 2008

Regards
A-square

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that the 6 months starts counting from the moment you receive the message, not from the moment you actually send your passports. I may be wrong, but please check with more experienced members in the forum.

vic48912

Star Member
Nov 30, 2007
Congratulation A-square!!

Its sooo nice to hear good news considering the time and effort one has invested in the visa application process.

I pray I'll be hearing more good news like this.

I advice you send your visa in as soon as possible, this is not the last time to procastinate.

I saw you timeline and notice CIC requested update & medical from you 2ice, may i ask why?

I only got update request and medical same time.

Vic

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Ed,

Thanks. I'm actually just hoping the 6 months is from date of sending passports in otherwise there would have been no need for stating whichever was earlier between the 6 months visa validity or expiry of medicals. This is because in my case, 6 months from date of letter is actually earlier than date of expiry of medicals. I'm not totally sure but will be ready for more experienced people to clarify.

Vic,

Thanks. On medicals, I'm hypertensive so there was need for further medical tests. As per the updates, only CHC Accra knows why they didnt finalise case after first update and waited so long thereby necessitating 2nd update. I guess it's their prerogative.

Regards

New Horison

Star Member
Sep 13, 2008
A-square said:
Hi All my Accra friends,

My family finally got our PPR via e-mail last week. It was so surprising and too good to be true.
I couldn't scream bcos I saw the e-mail during office hours but it was an ecstatic feeling.

We were given 60 days within which to send our passports by courier to CHC Accra for the visas and also to send updated family info using IMM8 as well as fresh passport photographs for all family members........however I need to wait a month before sending passports in because the letter states that visa will be valid for 6 months or 1 yr from time of medicals (whichever comes first)...since in our case 6 months will come first, I want to send PPs in December so that I can stretch visa validity till June when conditions will be more suitable for my kids in terms of weather conditions.....

Applied ........Apr 2002

Regards
A-square
WHY WERE YOU REQUESTED TO UPDATE TWICE? I thought just one time to update and they processed your file immediately then.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
A-square,congrats x i wish well.i think u should send your passports in time.is any of children below 1yr if not i believe they can cope well in the weather cos i went with my 2month old baby.cheers

alomansi

Oct 9, 2008
CAMEROON
Category........
Visa Office......
abidjan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
september 2009
Med's Request
january 2010
Med's Done....
12th january 2010
CONGRATULATIONS FROM THIS END. IT LOOKS VERY AMAZING AND ENCOURAGING TO SEE SOME ONE GO THROUGH SUCH TEDIOUS AND TIME CONSUMING PROCESS. HOWEVER, I BELEIVE WITH SUCH A BIG EXPERIENCE YOU CAN ADVISE THOSE OF US WHO ARE ET THE BEGINING OF THE PROCESS.

IN EFFECT I ATTENDED MY INTERVIEW IN CAMEROON IN JUNE AND TILL DATE I HAVE RECEIVED NEITHER A SIMPLE LETTER NOTIFYING ME OF MY SITUATION NOR THE REESULTS OF THE INTERVIEW.

CAN I CONCLUDE THAT THIS SILENCE IMPLIES I HAVE BEEN GRANTED THE SELECTION CERTIFICATE AND I SHOULD BE WAITING FOR THE CERTIFICATE IN QUESTION?

HOW LONG SHOULD I CONTINUE TO WAIT?

WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE ROOT CAUSE OF SUCH A DELAYANCE BECAUSE I WAS PROMISED DURING THE INTERVIEW THAT I WAS TO RECEIVE THE REPLY IN A FEW WEEKS TIME.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
A-square said:
Hi All my Accra friends,

Applied ........Apr 2002

Regards
A-square
A-square,
Congrats, I feel so happy for you on this success, I have been checking this site wondering whats been happening to my naija brothers!

Ok, we are all here to give you all the support for smooth landing. To start with, the visa validity of 6 months or expiry date of medical starts from visa issuance date.

Forget about the weather affecting your kids, the kids will even enjoy it. Remember, I went to land last year December (at the onset of winter) and I think soj landed in january with his 2 months old baby!

Are you planning to land and stay or come back to plan for the big move? Take it easy and plan properly especially if you are going to be looking for job over there.

Congrats once again and all the best.

tito.

New Horison

Star Member
Sep 13, 2008
alomansi,

Please visit this website, I think it will help you find a clue at http://www.caipsnotes.com. I am thinking about requesting them to do it for me.

Good Luck

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Thanks tito and alomansi,

I only intend to land and stay for a month or so to get all necssary docs like PR cards, SIN cards, open bank account etc and return to naija to plan final relocation. I also plan to sit for the Canada Pharmacy board exam in July while there. That's another reason that I hope to land around June and stay a full month before returning home if everything works according to plan.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
soj said:
tito,hw u dey,r u still in naija.hw is the family.

a-square,thats a good plan.cheers
Hi soj,
I still dey naija but currently in Atlanta, will be back home soon. Family dey, how your people too?

Have fun.