+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing visit visa to student visa with a possibility of give a birth in canada

Dokali999

Feb 23, 2014
Hi

Please advice.

My wife and I had planing to get a visitor TRV witch I can get easily due my travel history and my job .let me mention what is the purpose of this visit, I want my wife to deliver in Canada and start our life there.
Please clarify this point to me:
1- is it possible to converter a visit visa to a student visa( reason is to be legal there and my wife can deliver the baby)
2- if we manage to do that for both of us ,can we apply for work permit after finish the study that pompously for filed that can help us to get the work permit .
Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dokali999 said:
Hi

Please advice.

My wife and I had planing to get a visitor TRV witch I can get easily due my travel history and my job .let me mention what is the purpose of this visit, I want my wife to deliver in Canada and start our life there.
Please clarify this point to me:
1- is it possible to converter a visit visa to a student visa( reason is to be legal there and my wife can deliver the baby)
2- if we manage to do that for both of us ,can we apply for work permit after finish the study that pompously for filed that can help us to get the work permit .
Thank you
1. No
2. See #1
3. A Canadian born child won't do you much good, as the child can't sponsor the parents until they are 18 and then have met the LICO +30% for 3 years after that age.

Dokali999

Feb 23, 2014
Hi thank you for you reply.
What about I want to study and than I get work permit ?
After working sometime I will be able to apply for permanent residence ?
If yes I can use my saving to run a small business ?
I'm not counting on my child to make my status . The thug here is that I'm living in Dubai and life here has no future at all. I can't go either back to my home country because of the life retune has been change.

I hope there is something that can help me doing this new structure life in the best away

Thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Dokali999 said:
Hi thank you for you reply.
What about I want to study and than I get work permit ?
After working sometime I will be able to apply for permanent residence ?
If yes I can use my saving to run a small business ?
I'm not counting on my child to make my status . The thug here is that I'm living in Dubai and life here has no future at all. I can't go either back to my home country because of the life retune has been change.

I hope there is something that can help me doing this new structure life in the best away

Thank you
You probably won't have any savings left after you have paid international student fees. I don't think that you have any idea how expensive your plans might be, especially if there are any problems with the birth...

Dokali999

Feb 23, 2014
What's your best advice ,I really want live in canada and my child born there as well.
Can the student visa insurance cover the maternity ? If how much will cost

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Dokali999 said:
What's your best advice ,I really want live in canada and my child born there as well.
Can the student visa insurance cover the maternity ? If how much will cost
To obtain a study permit, you will have to show that you will return to your country after your studies.
If you can't do this, you will probably be refused as a student.
I have no information on student insurance but normal medical insurance will not cover maternity.

Dokali999

Feb 23, 2014
So my concern is this setup doable , I just don't want to be in ellegal situation .
Money ways it's ok as far as thing will go smothely and I will get a residence visa with my family.

It's a big investment form me but for the good part not money wys

Thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Dokali999 said:
So my concern is this setup doable , I just don't want to be in ellegal situation .
Money ways it's ok as far as thing will go smothely and I will get a residence visa with my family.

It's a big investment form me but for the good part not money wys

Thank you
OK, here is your prospective timeline.
1) Apply for a study permit/student visa from OUTSIDE Canada.
2) Study for at least two years.
3) Apply for a PGWP for three years.
4) Qualify for CEC.
5) Apply for PR under CEC.
6) Become a PR.

Under new regulations coming in during the year, the rules applying to International Students will change.
Also, the CEC eligibility rules may change at any time, including which NOCs are eligible for consideration.
And just to remind you once again, having a Canadian citizen child will not assist you in this process at all.

Good luck...

Dokali999

Feb 23, 2014
Thank you for the clarification it's really make thing clear for me now, just one more question regarding point 1.
I'm planing to apply for a visit visa so I can land in canada and search for good and convince unerversitythe thing is my wife she got a bachelor degree from Quebec in 2009 and her master in finance in 2011from France.
She has the right to qualified her study level locally and do maybe only one year study, what do you think?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Dokali999 said:
Thank you for the clarification it's really make thing clear for me now, just one more question regarding point 1.
I'm planing to apply for a visit visa so I can land in canada and search for good and convince unerversitythe thing is my wife she got a bachelor degree from Quebec in 2009 and her master in finance in 2011from France.
She has the right to qualified her study level locally and do maybe only one year study, what do you think?
She will need to apply for a Study Permit, regardless of her previous education history. As far as I am aware, this can only be done while she is outside Canada. Your idea of using a visitor visa is only going to help you do some fact-finding. It will not give you an easier way in... It's possible that it might even complicate matters, especially if your wife gives birth on a visitor visa. This would cause the visa office to suspect that your ties to Canada are too strong and they may therefore refuse to issue a student visa.

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Student visa can only be applied outside Canada. Not inside.

How long is she due? Which country are you from?

You are using the infant as a ticket to Canada, I don't know how would that be seen in the eyes of the CBSA or CIC.

Dokali999

Feb 23, 2014
Delivery date will be 1 st week in JUne, we are Moroccan living in dubai.
Any thing that can help in my case?

Thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
One last thing.. Even if you apply today, the posted processing time for Abu Dhabi, which covers all the United Arab Emirates, is 22 days for a visitor visa. For a study permit from there it's 10 WEEKS...

Doing some basic maths makes me think that your wife would turn up at the Canadian border very obviously pregnant, and in fact on the study timeline, she might not even be permitted to travel.

The Border Services Officer might take the view, quite rightly, that she is in Canada to give birth, and refuse to allow her entry. Alternatively, she might be given a 2 weeks Visitor Record, which would force her to return home earlier than you want. You are playing with fire here...

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Dokali999 said:
Delivery date will be 1 st week in JUne, we are Moroccan living in dubai.
Any thing that can help in my case?

Thank you
Please listen to all that has been posted here

Unfortunately it is too late to apply for anything but a visit visa at this point. Even if you are granted a visa, your wife will be obviously pregnant when she arrives and the IO at the airport may decide not to let her in. I understand the need to give your child a better future but giving it citizenship at birth, but that would have required a lot of advance planning before she got pregnant. It's just too late now.

If she gives birth in Canada without insurance you are looking at $10k CAD for a normal delivery and much much more if there are complications

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please take good care of your wife and your baby. Rather than thinking of a sideway/loophole to come into a country and if there's complications, your whole family will be devastated. It's human lives we are talking about here.