+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing University before arriving

Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

I have submitted a letter of acceptance from the Concordia University when I applied for my study permit and got it approved but then I would like to transfer to University of Windsor before arriving in Canada.
Shall i change DLI before arriving in Canada? Whether there will an issue with my study permit or not?

Regards,
Gautam

Dharmeshvirani235

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
Med's Done....
30-09-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
I am having a same situation. I have submitted a letter of acceptance from the UofR when I applied for my study permit and got it approved but I would like to Study in SAIT, Calgary. I heard from many people that we should do DLI transfer after arriving in Canada. don't know what to do now.

Mar 9, 2017
As per Windsor University's International Student Centre,
"There is no restrictions on when you can change the DLI. You can change it now or after you arrive."

My consultant told me to change it and then mail also to Canadian immigration for safety.

Since many people on other forums said it's better to do it after arriving in Canada which is confusing me. I need to pay the fees for Windsor and won't be paying the fees for Concordia. If I don't change and go directly then at the time of arrival they(at POE) may ask questions that why haven't you paid the fees?

Shall i change the DLI and then go to Canada? If no, then whether i will be asked why you haven't paid the fees before getting the permit?
Anyone please suggest what shall be my next step?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
As per Windsor University's International Student Centre,
"There is no restrictions on when you can change the DLI. You can change it now or after you arrive."

My consultant told me to change it and then mail also to Canadian immigration for safety.

Since many people on other forums said it's better to do it after arriving in Canada which is confusing me. I need to pay the fees for Windsor and won't be paying the fees for Concordia. If I don't change and go directly then at the time of arrival they(at POE) may ask questions that why haven't you paid the fees?

Shall i change the DLI and then go to Canada? If no, then whether i will be asked why you haven't paid the fees before getting the permit?
Anyone please suggest what shall be my next step?
Like they told you, change it when you arrive, if you got approved and you have your visa stamped and POE when you arrive in Canada, they won't ask you why you didn't pay the fees. I didn't pay the fees until I arrived in Canada. Then, it would be easier if you change from Canada then send a webform.

Diana Montoya

Feb 11, 2021
Ok! Thanks for your response
One question more, when I arrive to Canada, what is the process I need to do?
Do you remember?