+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing the 'Landing' flight date after receiving COPR & PR Visa

just_landed

Aug 28, 2017
Hi all,
I received the PPR (Passport Request) letter for COPR and PR Visa. One of the requirements is to provide a confirmed Airline Ticket to Canada. However, in the same letter under the helpful tips, it says: Do not purchase the airline ticket until you receive your PR visa! To be safe, I will purchase the ticket because it's a clear requirement. I will book it at least one month after the submission date of the PP and ticket to allow enough time for receiving back the passport & PR Visa.
The letter also says that the immigration office at the airport will be notified of my arrival date & time.

My question is: Can I change the ticket date after the PPR submission and after hopefully receiving the COPR? If yes, how do I notify the immigration office of this change?

just_landed

Aug 28, 2017
SOLVED!
I just received another email from CIC saying the first email with the contradicting information was a mistake due to a technical error. The new passport request for COPR & PR VIsa letter does not ask to provide any airline tickets along with the passport. It's much easier and less hassle now!

Last edited:
Reactions: saskapr2015