+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing the funds amount in the PR application

Aug 13, 2020
I have received the PR invitation for the Canadian Experience class. While filling in the profile, I had mentioned 50k$ as the funds available for my sustainability. This was provided considering the available balance both in my account and my wife's. For the submission of the proof, I read that the proof of funds must be available in my name. My account has 25K$ which is higher than the acceptable amount for 3 person limit.

So should I update the funds available amount to 25K$ in the PR application or can I submit the bank statements of both me and my wife. Will her bank statement will be accepted?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I have received the PR invitation for the Canadian Experience class. While filling in the profile, I had mentioned 50k$ as the funds available for my sustainability. This was provided considering the available balance both in my account and my wife's. For the submission of the proof, I read that the proof of funds must be available in my name. My account has 25K$ which is higher than the acceptable amount for 3 person limit.

So should I update the funds available amount to 25K$ in the PR application or can I submit the bank statements of both me and my wife. Will her bank statement will be accepted?
You don’t need to prove funds as CEC applicant.

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt