28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
I came to Canada as a visitor in sept 2017 along with my wife and son.
My wife liked Canada and wants to study here. So i searched for colleges and found out a college in Montreal and took admission in one year program starting in feb 2018. Have applied for caq aswell.
Now my question is how to apply for study permit after caq is received. I read at cic website that we can convert visitor to study permit if pre requisite course is completed which is required for admission into actual course.
Please guide me with the next procedure.
My wife has done masters in technology computer science from India and has 7.5 bands in ielts with 6.5 in one module. She got admission in a relevant course.

Please guide me. I have around 25days to wait for caq. Till then i have to gather all the information.

Thank you.
I agree with everyone else. I would strongly recommend you return home and apply from there. Your chances of being approved while in Canada are very low.

To be approved, you must demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. If your entire family is already in Canada as visitors and has been here for at least a month - this demonstrates that you effectively have no real ties to your home country. Additionally, applying for a one year college program after a Masters makes for a very weak study permit application and makes it pretty obvious she's not a genuine student but is just looking for a way to allow your family to remain in Canada. If your wife was applying for a PhD or a Masters from one of Canada's top universities (e.g. U of T, Waterloo, etc.) - then I would say you have a chance of being approved while in Canada. However with just a college program and your entire family already here - I believe a refusal is guaranteed.

Of course it's ultimately your choice.

chd.piyush

Oct 31, 2013
Its fine nobody wants to help. Thanks alot.
Just to add to the previous posters' comments:
I'm guessing you're from Chandigarh from your member name. India offers excellent educational facilities/has a plethora of excellent institutions, there are probably several institutions right in your hometown or in Delhi or in North India. Or maybe 'chd = Chaudhary' but it's the same difference.

If you were a genuine student, you would have applied from a Canada Study Permit when you were in Chandigarh, India. Not after you arrive in Canada on a visitor visa. This indicates that you were not a genuine visitor. So, your ties were NOT strong as you claim them to be.

Sure, you can afford to pay for your wife's education in Montreal. Nothing illegal about it. Let's be practical. Why would you spend a fortune on this study program in Montreal? It's because of the PGWP >> PR route >> Staying permanently in Canada.... which proves that your purpose of a visit visa i.e. a TRV was only to mislead the visa officer.

Sorry but that's how your case comes across to all of us

Good luck!!

chd.piyush

Oct 31, 2013
All of u r behaving as if i am doing any crime. If canada govt gives the option who r u guys to judge my intention? If u dont want to reply my query its fine but y to write all this crap. Thanks but no thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Its fine nobody wants to help. Thanks alot.
We have helped. We've recommended what steps you should follow to ensure you have the highest chances of the study permit being approved and have explained that applying while you are in Canada carries a high chance of refusal.

If you are adamant that you want to apply while in Canada, the application will need to be sent to the visa office responsible for your home country (the application cannot be processed by a visa office within Canada since you are only here as visitors). If you apply online rather than by mail, it will be processed either by your home country visa office or potentially by a visa office in the US (it won't be processed within Canada).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
All of u r behaving as if i am doing any crime. If canada govt gives the option who r u guys to judge my intention? If u dont want to reply my query its fine but y to write all this crap. Thanks but no thanks.
Most of us are not judging your intention. We are explaining to you how CIC will view your intention and how this will influence whether your application is refused or approved. We are giving you (free) insights into how CIC thinks and acts based on all of the posts we've seen here. You should find this helpful - not harmful. Again, what most of us are trying to explain is the best path for you to take in order to be approved and avoid refusal. We provide honest advice here and don't lie to people if we think there's a high chance they are going to be refused. If we think there's a high chance someone is going to be refused, we try to offer (free) advice to let you know what you can do to increase your chances of approval.

Reactions: Bryanna

chd.piyush

Oct 31, 2013
And regarding PR me n my spouse have 450+ points in crs calculator. We can apply directly from India. But we thought of obtaining education first so that we get to know Canadian culture and we have something with us if we plan to do express entry.
I didn't have any intention to stay beyond my permitted stay. I have visited canada 6 times before. I have always respected my visa terms n will always. I just checked cic n they say u can study so thats y i made up this thought of studying.
Otherwise i will go back n apply from india