+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing status from visitor to student 2016

coley2

Jun 2, 2016
Has anyone been granted a student visa after applying within Canada from a visitor's status under the "short term course eligibility"

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
coley2 said:
Has anyone been granted a student visa after applying within Canada from a visitor's status under the "short term course eligibility"
depends what you mean short term course. You do not need a study permit if course is 6 months or less see here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp

coley2

Jun 2, 2016
Thanks the course is 3 months.I would however like to apply for a 2 year graduate program while I am in Canada(after completing that course) as a visitor,is that allowed? is it possible to change my status from a visitor to a student while in Canada without having to go back home to apply for student visa?

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
hi coley , it is possible and inbox me your number or cantact detail, i will suggest you on phone, i had a same siyuation as u.

vcadbury

Nov 26, 2015
coley2 said:
Thanks the course is 3 months.I would however like to apply for a 2 year graduate program while I am in Canada(after completing that course) as a visitor,is that allowed? is it possible to change my status from a visitor to a student while in Canada without having to go back home to apply for student visa?
Were u able to get your status changed?

vcadbury

Nov 26, 2015
HARSH131010190 said:
hi coley , it is possible and inbox me your number or cantact detail, i will suggest you on phone, i had a same siyuation as u.
Hi! How were u able to change status?

coley2

Jun 2, 2016
Does anyone know anyone who has gone through the process of applying for the student visa while on a visitor's visa?

If yes can you assist with the process of applying online or by mail to the LA-VAC?

ParadiseMann7

Aug 7, 2016
Hey there

I'm in the same position as you, currently on visitor status till October 20 and my passport expires July 30 2017.

I am waiting to pay my enrolment deposit in about two weeks and start the process for study permit application.

I believe we are supposed to apply by mail to the Los Angeles VAC and they will request the passport when needed - I've seen places where they mention online applications for study permit in Canada to Los Angeles though I'm not sure about this.

Have you gotten a start with the app? Good luck to us both! :)

ParadiseMann7

Aug 7, 2016
Also if you take the course it should be a pre-requisite for entry to the graduate program if you were to apply to Ottawa for your study permit.

ParadiseMann7

Aug 7, 2016
Hey yes I am you?

Have you started the process in any way?

When does your status expire?

Just waiting to pay my enrolment deposit so I can get a start on the whole process - good luck to us both! :)

farzadk81

Aug 12, 2016
ParadiseMann7 said:
Hey there

I'm in the same position as you, currently on visitor status till October 20 and my passport expires July 30 2017.

I am waiting to pay my enrolment deposit in about two weeks and start the process for study permit application.

I believe we are supposed to apply by mail to the Los Angeles VAC and they will request the passport when needed - I've seen places where they mention online applications for study permit in Canada to Los Angeles though I'm not sure about this.

Have you gotten a start with the app? Good luck to us both! :)
hi,
Im in same position too! actually they refused my case because i have applied online! what should i do? send by mail to los angeles?

ParadiseMann7

Aug 7, 2016
Hey

You can't apply within Canada online you will have to apply by mail to the Los Angeles VAC.

I'm going to be starting the process soon

hannahobideyi

Jun 18, 2016
ParadiseMann7 said:
Hey

You can't apply within Canada online you will have to apply by mail to the Los Angeles VAC.

I'm going to be starting the process soon

hii i also want to apply for a study permit within canada plss can you tell me all the documents i need to surmit