+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Spouse Accompanying after Provincial Nomination

faisal.cubd

Jan 19, 2024
I recently received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Canada through the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

At the time of submitting my Express Entry profile and OINP application, I made the decision not to include my spouse as an accompanying family member. This decision was influenced by our inability to make a joint commitment to immigrate to Canada at that time. Furthermore, adding my spouse would have resulted in a lower Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, and I was concerned that this might reduce my chances of receiving an ITA.

The OINP draw on September 26, 2023, had a cutoff CRS score range of 350-462 (my recalculated score with accompanying spouse is now 425 higher that cutoff score in OINP draw), and I was fortunate to receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) in the targeted draw for health professionals. Subsequently, I submitted a Letter of Interest (LOI) and received an additional 600 points, leading to a recalculated CRS score of 1025 (with accompanying spouse).
In my pursuit of accurate information, I have reached out to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) through the webform several times, seeking specific guidance on whether I can add my spouse to my application. Unfortunately, the responses received were somewhat unclear, prompting me to address my concerns directly in this letter.
As of now, my recalculated CRS score with my spouse included is 425, without the additional 600 points from the provincial nominee (Ontario), making the total score 1025. The latest Express Entry draw on January 10, 2024, had a cutoff score of 546, which is lower than my recalculated score.
Please suggest me can I add my spouse as accompanying?

Giri_visa

Mar 4, 2018
Hello,

I received Notification of Interest on 2nd Feb 2023 for HCP tech Draw. My express entry profile mentions that my wife will not be accompanying me.

Should I follow the same when filing the OINP application?

Can I update my Express Entry profile after I recieve the final nomination that my wife will accompany me?

Do I need to submit an explantion to IRCC and OINP when I update my wife as accompanying?
Hello Akshay,

Can you please answer this, what option you choose in OINP while submitting it ?.
I am in similar situation now, where I created my EE profile with single status and I would like to follow same as single in OINP (HCP -FSW category) too. I am planning to add my spouse AFTER I receive nomination approval from OINP. Is it correct way?.

Thanks in advance