+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing school in montreal .

mdassaf1992

Jan 22, 2018
Hello everybody , i just got my study permit as i was admitted to herzing college , i found out that maybe this college won't grant me PGWP , some say yes cause it's in quebec , but i don't wanna deal with maybes , my question is i'm thinking about about swtiching to a DEP ( 1800 ) hours , is this course considered post-secondary ? do i need to apply for another study permit ? and do i need to apply to another CAQ ?
best regards .

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello everybody , i just got my study permit as i was admitted to herzing college , i found out that maybe this college won't grant me PGWP , some say yes cause it's in quebec , but i don't wanna deal with maybes , my question is i'm thinking about about swtiching to a DEP ( 1800 ) hours , is this course considered post-secondary ? do i need to apply for another study permit ? and do i need to apply to another CAQ ?
best regards .
If Herzing is offering you DEP you will get PGWP.

If the course you are changing to is at the same level and duration then same caq will work

Yes all vocational education courses are considered as post secondary. Study permit you need to do DLI transfer online
from your IRCC account then get an amended study permit.

mdassaf1992

Jan 22, 2018
If Herzing is offering you DEP you will get PGWP.

If the course you are changing to is at the same level and duration then same caq will work

Yes all vocational education courses are considered as post secondary. Study permit you need to do DLI transfer online
from your IRCC account then get an amended study permit.
Herzing is offering an ( AEC ) attestation d'etude collegiale is it considered the same level as the DEP ? and the dep start in may while herzing in April , Byt i already had the caq since september , i really appreciate the help .

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Herzing is offering an ( AEC ) attestation d'etude collegiale is it considered the same level as the DEP ? and the dep start in may while herzing in April , Byt i already had the caq since september , i really appreciate the help .
Better go for DEP as AEC doesn't entitle you for PEQ also

mdassaf1992

Jan 22, 2018
Better go for DEP as AEC doesn't entitle you for PEQ also
yes thats what im planning to do . but do i have to change the caq cause its written on it ( niveau d'etude : attestafion detude collegial ) .
one more question if i did the DEP in herzing ( private ) is that ok?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
yes thats what im planning to do . but do i have to change the caq cause its written on it ( niveau d'etude : attestafion detude collegial ) .
one more question if i did the DEP in herzing ( private ) is that ok?
Read my eariler message again for caq.

DEP in Herzing has no issues for PGWP and PEQ

mdassaf1992

Jan 22, 2018
Read my eariler message again for caq.

DEP in Herzing has no issues for PGWP and PEQ
Thank you so much for your help , god bless you , if i did the dep in french do i have to take french test for immigration ?

Last edited:

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you so much for your help , god bless you , if i did the dep in french do i have to take french test for immigration ?
Legally speaking No. MIDI may still call you for interview to verify your french level as has been happening recently.