+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing provinces

Omar34

Jul 31, 2018
I am a new permanent resident in Canada.
1. Can I live somewhere other than the “city of destination” on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence?
2. Will this impact in any way my future application for a new PR card or for the nationality?
Also,
3. can I move freely from one province to another? say if I find a better job? will I need to get a different Health Card if I do that? (i.e. from the new province)

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I am a new permanent resident in Canada.
1. Can I live somewhere other than the “city of destination” on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence?
2. Will this impact in any way my future application for a new PR card or for the nationality?
Also,
3. can I move freely from one province to another? say if I find a better job? will I need to get a different Health Card if I do that? (i.e. from the new province)
No issues in any of those points.
3. Your current province will cover during the waiting period of your new province. You need to be more specific to your situation/plan on which provinces instead of asking broader question for which no one can answer. Refer to respective health system of that province to know the rules.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html
What permanent residents can do
As a permanent resident, you have the right to:
  • get most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care coverage,
  • live, work or study anywhere in Canada,
  • apply for Canadian citizenship,
  • protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
You must pay taxes and respect all Canadian laws at the federal, provincial and municipal levels.