+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Provinces...your opinion

lpera

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Well, I read a lot about this but still could not figure out what to do, so wanted to hear your opinion about it.

My wife and I received an invitation from Ontario, went through the entire process and landed in Toronto in February. We stayed in there for 3 weeks, the idea was to short land and also look for possible cities that we could live. During that time we visited and stayed in several different cities, went to 4 different Immigrant Centers to look for information, workshops, etc. We were even able to participate in a workshop to assist in job hunting.

After that we returned to Brazil to finish our jobs (August/September time frame) and during that time I have applied to over 80 different job openings and my plan was to keep doing that so we could expedite the process and maybe even get a job offer before we move for good.

Well, 2 weeks ago both myself and my wife talked to our managers about our intentions to live in Canada and that we would be quitting our jobs when our Projects were finished. All good, our company was sad but they understand our reasons. Now come the good (or bad) part: yesterday we were offered jobs in our current company but in a different Province (New Brunswick).

At this point I do not know what to do. Our goal is to really live in Toronto (the city we chose after our 3 weeks visit) but I am sure that moving to Canada with having a job would help a lot not only by acquiring the Canadian Experience but also financially.

My question is: will I have any issues if I accept this job offer in another Province? Will that count against me when I try to renew my PR card?

Thanks for all your inputs.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
lpera said:
Well, I read a lot about this but still could not figure out what to do, so wanted to hear your opinion about it.

My wife and I received an invitation from Ontario, went through the entire process and landed in Toronto in February. We stayed in there for 3 weeks, the idea was to short land and also look for possible cities that we could live. During that time we visited and stayed in several different cities, went to 4 different Immigrant Centers to look for information, workshops, etc. We were even able to participate in a workshop to assist in job hunting.

After that we returned to Brazil to finish our jobs (August/September time frame) and during that time I have applied to over 80 different job openings and my plan was to keep doing that so we could expedite the process and maybe even get a job offer before we move for good.

Well, 2 weeks ago both myself and my wife talked to our managers about our intentions to live in Canada and that we would be quitting our jobs when our Projects were finished. All good, our company was sad but they understand our reasons. Now come the good (or bad) part: yesterday we were offered jobs in our current company but in a different Province (New Brunswick).

At this point I do not know what to do. Our goal is to really live in Toronto (the city we chose after our 3 weeks visit) but I am sure that moving to Canada with having a job would help a lot not only by acquiring the Canadian Experience but also financially.

My question is: will I have any issues if I accept this job offer in another Province? Will that count against me when I try to renew my PR card?

Thanks for all your inputs.
Your right to move freely inside Canada is protected by law, no worries, just move.