+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing province Immediate after landing

Upton

Mar 26, 2015
Hi thanks to everyone for giving us important information.

I have got PR visa and my POE is given Winnipeg. I have bought ticket to Ottawa with transit of 4 hours at Montreal. My question is - can I complete my "Record of Landing" at Montreal and then go to Ottawa.
I know lots of discussion was made on this topic but still help me out with your valuable information....

thanking you in advance...

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Upton said:
Hi thanks to everyone for giving us important information.

I have got PR visa and my POE is given Winnipeg. I have bought ticket to Ottawa with transit of 4 hours at Montreal. My question is - can I complete my "Record of Landing" at Montreal and then go to Ottawa.
I know lots of discussion was made on this topic but still help me out with your valuable information....

thanking you in advance...
yes; surely.

Since Montreal is your entry point; you will have to complete formalities there. I did same

sanketmnaik

Feb 10, 2016
Hi,
I need your help!
I am a FSW holder, and gonna land for the 1st time this April.
I bought a connecting flight, which means I will first land in Montreal and have a stay of 2h40m there and then fly to my final destination ottawa, where I will be staying for the rest of my journey.

Unfortunately, right after flight booking, I got to know " If you first enter Canada at a port of entry in the Province of Quebec, you must have been accepted by Quebec and have a valid Quebec Certificate of Selection or be prepared to document your clear intention to reside in a province other than Quebec.
So my questions would be :
1. Must I go through my first-landing procedure in Montreal?
2. Are there any risks that I get rejected at Montreal simply because I have nothing but a fight ticket to ottawa and an address of my friend where I am going to stay?
3. What are the other documents should I submit to prove my intention to reside in ottawa?
4. Who can I resort to if other problems arise?

Answers from you all will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you