+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing PGWP into Study Permit from inside Canada

chunna

Apr 1, 2018
Currently, I am in Canada of PGWP which is expiring in November, further, I want to study in Canada after finishing my Work Permit, I have taken admission in the college for the winter semester, I want to know what type of study permit I have to apply for, it will be
Study permit from Inside Canada
or
Study permit extension from inside Canada.
Looking forward to your reply

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You don't have a current study permit, so you would be applying for a new one, not an extension.

Why do you want to go back down to a study permit though? Are you unable to apply for PR? Keep in mind you can't get another PGWP after graduating from your new program.

chunna

Apr 1, 2018
Thank you for your reply.
I did not have the required canadian work experience to apply for PR through Express entry program. My field of study in Business and Management science. I am unable to find a job in NOC, which is required to submit Express entry profile under skilled worker class.
If you can guide me for any other way to apply for PR I would heighly appreciate it.

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Thank you for your reply.
I did not have the required canadian work experience to apply for PR through Express entry program. My field of study in Business and Management science. I am unable to find a job in NOC, which is required to submit Express entry profile under skilled worker class.
If you can guide me for any other way to apply for PR I would heighly appreciate it.
You can apply for CEC or provincial nominations. They are many other options available. You can contact the immigration lawyer to help your case. Don't re-apply for study permit if you want to get the PR in the long run