+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing our mind on place we intend to live(IMM0008 Question 5)

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021
Hi everyone!

We submitted our application with the intent to live in Saskatchewan and so this is what we wrote for IMM0008 Question 5. But we have since changed our mind and plan to move to Newfoundland.

Do we have to resubmit IMM0008 or can we just leave it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You provided information on applying about your plans to move to one place. It does not bind you to move to that province. However, they will be evaluating your plans to return to Canada; while they may not care about where, if it would strengthen that part of your application, it may be useful to provide them with the info - particularly if it is concrete and strong information. For example, a job offer.

Or you could wait and see if they ask for more information to support your plan to return (they may not). If you haven't yet received AOR and don't have an application number, it may be difficult to submit a webform. Personally I'd wait until then and submit if the new info is strong.

Don't expect this will speed things up, although if your original supporting info was weak it may help.

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021
You provided information on applying about your plans to move to one place. It does not bind you to move to that province. However, they will be evaluating your plans to return to Canada; while they may not care about where, if it would strengthen that part of your application, it may be useful to provide them with the info - particularly if it is concrete and strong information. For example, a job offer.

Or you could wait and see if they ask for more information to support your plan to return (they may not). If you haven't yet received AOR and don't have an application number, it may be difficult to submit a webform. Personally I'd wait until then and submit if the new info is strong.

Don't expect this will speed things up, although if your original supporting info was weak it may help.
I so appreciate you taking the time to help me!

Yes so we are now moving to Newfoundland where my parents and a lot of my family live. I have stronger ties to Newfoundland than to Saskatchewan(we do have my best friend and other friends who live in SK) since most of my family lives in NL. We had originally thought to go to SK because the economy and job opportunities for my husband would be better there. But then we decided to at least start in NL to be closer to my family and if for some reason my husband can't get a job in NL, we'll think about moving to SK at a later date. We will stay with my parents for the first few months rent free until we can get on our feet.

I just feel that since I have stronger ties to NL, it will look better to be moving there instead of SK which is a bit more random, if that makes sense.

We have received AOR1 so we have an application number. How do you go about submitting a webform? Will we just send a revised copy of IMM0008, or just a letter to explain the change?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just feel that since I have stronger ties to NL, it will look better to be moving there instead of SK which is a bit more random, if that makes sense.

We have received AOR1 so we have an application number. How do you go about submitting a webform? Will we just send a revised copy of IMM0008, or just a letter to explain the change?
At this stage, my guess is that without more solid info, updating will not provide much additional information - ie. just telling them you may change your plans doesn't change much. You can continue making plans to be prepared if they ask more info (or perhaps they won't). You can pursue both possibilities in parallel if you want. Again, apart from Quebec, there's no requirement to land or settle in the place you originally wrote.

But it's up to you when you feel it's worth it to submit more. Google webform.

Last edited:
Reactions: ark2016

pedipbk

Jul 2, 2021
You are outland and sponsor residing abroad with the applicant?
Just reading the entire post and wanted to ask you similar question without making a new post.
I am the sponsor and living in Toronto. we have got file number and SA approval, now PA file is under process. the intended destination is Toronto but I am at the middle of job changing and now moving to Ottawa, but possibly if I can get better salary I will go to Alberta as well. Should I really keep sending webform about these changes for destination of Principal applicant or unnecessary and can make a negative impact on file.