+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing of DLI no before getting PPR

tapas3016

Sep 9, 2022
Hi,

I have applied for student permit under non SDS mode for September intake. My visa is still not approved. My university (DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University) is not allowing for online classes and not deferring for Jan intake. Hence, I want to change my university to Carleton University for Jan Intake. Please advise how can I change my university before getting a PPR from previous University.
1. Should I apply for new visa application?
2. Should I raise a new web form in existing visa application?

tapas3016

Sep 9, 2022
Hi @Georgita,

Thanks for your reply. I have mixed opinions about changing my DLI no during previous visa application. Some counsellors say that your application will get rejected if you change your DLI no. How would you advise to go further?

Georgita

Jul 13, 2022
Hi @Georgita,

Thanks for your reply. I have mixed opinions about changing my DLI no during previous visa application. Some counsellors say that your application will get rejected if you change your DLI no. How would you advise to go further?
Hi, the link I provided is official IRCC web link, I think you can act according their rules if you want to change DLI. What would be the result if you change I can't tell you. If the counselor has many cases of rejection after changing, then maybe its a risk.

tapas3016

Sep 9, 2022
Hi,
As per IRCC, If my application is in process, I must intimate them via IRCC web form. If my visa gets approved and then I change my DLI no, I must submit new student permit application along with processing fees.

When I am logging in portal to change my DLI, it is saying that changing DLI is for approved study permit holders only.

I do not know what to do. Please help.

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
You cannot change dli for an ongoing application, you need to wait for the feedback then reapply with your new DLI or study in the current DLI for one year then change

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You cannot change dli for an ongoing application, you need to wait for the feedback then reapply with your new DLI or study in the current DLI for one year then change
Yes you can change your DLI. Send in a new LOA via webform.