+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGING OF DLI AFTER ARRIVING IN CANADA WITHOUT ENROLLING IN YOUR OLD SCHOOL

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But if I put that am already in Canada during filling the form, it automatically shows extending visa
You aren’t extending a visa. You apply for a new permit. You current school should have informed IRCC to cancel your study permit.

Kezee

Aug 5, 2021
You aren’t extending a visa. You apply for a new permit. You current school should have informed IRCC to cancel your study permit.
The only way I can apply for a new permit now is if I say I am not in Canada because once I put that I am in Canada, it shows I am eligible to extend my visa since I am in Canada. Is there anything else I can do?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
The only way I can apply for a new permit now is if I say I am not in Canada because once I put that I am in Canada, it shows I am eligible to extend my visa since I am in Canada. Is there anything else I can do?
YOu can only apply for SP inside Canada if you meet certain conditions. For example, you are a dependent child of SP/PGWP/WP holder parents. In our case, you will be treated as an outland applicant.

You will be out of status as soon as IRCC receives your DLI’s report about your widrawal. Change your status by applying for a visitor permit (this is only good for 6 months if/when approved). Or return to home country to maintain your good immigration record.

If I were you, I would go back to home country and start from scratch. Either that or risk having a bad record. Just my opinion. Its already hard getting a SP from home country. Much more when you are inside Canada in a complicated status. Rules change whenever IRCC realises the rules are being circumvented. It is what is it.

Kezee

Aug 5, 2021
YOu can only apply for SP inside Canada if you meet certain conditions. For example, you are a dependent child of SP/PGWP/WP holder parents. In our case, you will be treated as an outland applicant.

You will be out of status as soon as IRCC receives your DLI’s report about your widrawal. Change your status by applying for a visitor permit (this is only good for 6 months if/when approved). Or return to home country to maintain your good immigration record.

If I were you, I would go back to home country and start from scratch. Either that or risk having a bad record. Just my opinion. Its already hard getting a SP from home country. Much more when you are inside Canada in a complicated status. Rules change whenever IRCC realises the rules are being circumvented. It is what is it.
how about if i go back to study in my old school?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have to follow the outside of Canada process to apply for a new study permit. You can't use the process to apply for a study permit from within Canada.

Reactions: rogelcorral

Kezee

Aug 5, 2021
Can you. It is October and classes would have started 7 weeks ago. haven’t they cancelled your study permit?
I think I can, while I was asking for refund they said I can choose to reinstate my admission if I change my mind and my refund has not been processed yet

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I think I can, while I was asking for refund they said I can choose to reinstate my admission if I change my mind and my refund has not been processed yet
Its already midterm for fall semester. Suggest to check with your DLI if they haven't reported yet to IRCC. You may already be out of status.

Reactions: Naturgrl and scylla

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
If they are offering you to be reinstated and have not reported you to IRCC then the best option for the long term is to get reinstated to the originally intended intake or get deferred to the next intake.

Reactions: scylla

Kezee

Aug 5, 2021
If they are offering you to be reinstated and have not reported you to IRCC then the best option for the long term is to get reinstated to the originally intended intake or get deferred to the next intake.
i have sent them an email and will be getting a response tomorrow , hopefully it works out like this.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021

you answered very well,,,, my friend in similar situation .. her current program is in january 2022 but her new program in same DLI starting in sep 2022? its arround 9 months, i want to know the answer about this situation especially if dependent child also on study permit and spouse on open work permit... as far as i know if she lands in canada and then she change the program then her study permit for january will be canceled as college will report to IRCC, now new course starting in september,,, i guess she needs to apply visit visa for 6 month and if approved she get extension or early study merit in May/June if she has new offer letter,,,,,, but a big question what will happen for a dependent child study permit while mother visa transfered from study permit to visit visa? and spouse open work permit,,, its tricky question

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
you answered very well,,,, my friend in similar situation .. her current program is in january 2022 but her new program in same DLI starting in sep 2022? its arround 9 months, i want to know the answer about this situation especially if dependent child also on study permit and spouse on open work permit... as far as i know if she lands in canada and then she change the program then her study permit for january will be canceled as college will report to IRCC, now new course starting in september,,, i guess she needs to apply visit visa for 6 month and if approved she get extension or early study merit in May/June if she has new offer letter,,,,,, but a big question what will happen for a dependent child study permit while mother visa transfered from study permit to visit visa? and spouse open work permit,,, its tricky question
SOWP and dependent children's SP/VP are granted based on PA's status. If the PA loses the status then dependents would lose status, too. I could be wrong. But the IRCC rules are simple enough and straightforward.

Spouse qualifies for SOWP if PA is under SP, or, if under PGWP, job must be in NOC 0, A or B. Children would qualify for free primary or secondary schools so long as PA maintains qualifying status. Otherwise, children must pay international fees of around CAD$15K/year even for primary and secondary school level.

Applicants may be able to get away with the scenario you described. However, it could be a potential problem in the future when/if they decide to apply for PR. Best to not complicate things, IMHO.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
SOWP and dependent children's SP/VP are granted based on PA's status. If the PA loses the status then dependents would lose status, too. I could be wrong. But the IRCC rules are simple enough and straightforward.

Spouse qualifies for SOWP if PA is under SP, or, if under PGWP, job must be in NOC 0, A or B. Children would qualify for free primary or secondary schools so long as PA maintains qualifying status. Otherwise, children must pay international fees of around CAD$15K/year even for primary and secondary school level.

Applicants may be able to get away with the scenario you described. However, it could be a potential problem in the future when/if they decide to apply for PR. Best to not complicate things, IMHO.
Thank u for assistance. Understood everything.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021

just found on twitter.... rest i will explain u in personal msg about which i cant explain here